Bettinas swiss lebleu #4 NEW and WOW!!!

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archive Thru March 2002: Archive thru March 2002:Bettinas swiss lebleu #4 NEW and WOW!!!
By Timk on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 05:11 am: Edit

H

By Pablo on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 01:54 am: Edit

I thought Americans were supposed to bring up the whole "we saved your ass is WW2" thing when the french started acting snobbish.

But just for the record, when I was in Paris last year I didnt encounter any one who acted worse then my fellow Americans. The vast majority were quite nice. Until they found out I'm half German!

By Mr_Rabid on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 10:51 pm: Edit

Wow. I now know I went down the wrong path in life.

I should have listened to my inner sphincter and spent all my time farting instead.

By Dr_Ordinaire on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 10:17 pm: Edit

Something for Americans travelling to France:

Anytime the French get obnoxious about their "artistic nature", remind them that, at one point, the Petomane made FIVE TIMES as much money as the "divine" Sarah Bernhardt (sp?)

By Head_Prosthesis on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 08:49 pm: Edit

What's worse than a groupie, yet on the same level?

A snob.

By Joalco on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 08:41 pm: Edit

I guess he's gotta stay in the spotlight somehow, Marc. Some people would just go on "Celebrity Boxing."

By Marccampbell on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 08:02 pm: Edit

poor Betty. She's got Kato Kaelin as a spokesperson.

By Wormwood on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 04:59 pm: Edit

That's nothing, I saw an English gentleman on the Howard Stern show who calls himself "Mr. Methane" who can fart songs and blow talcum powder off a table with his well trained blasts. He once farted "Happy Birthday" for Howard it was amazing he did the whole song.

He is the worlds only preforming flatulist (at this time). Check out his website at www.mrmethane.com I think he sells CDs and tapes too.

By Mvario on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 03:25 pm: Edit

Roxanne Kowalski: I was being ironic.
C.D. Bales: Oh, ho, ho, irony! Oh, no, no, we don't get that here. See, uh, people ski topless here while smoking dope, so irony's not really a, a high priority. We haven't had any irony here since about, uh, '83, when I was the only practitioner of it. And I stopped because I was getting tired of being stared at.

By Chevalier on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 03:22 pm: Edit

Portrait of The Fartiste as a Young Petomane.
my picture
("As late as 1938, Sigmund Freud would point to a portrait of the great performer in his office and talk of how he formed some of his ideas about anal fixation from these shows.")

By Chevalier on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 03:17 pm: Edit

Don't get me started on the cabaret wonder of Belle Epoque France: "Le Petomane" ("The Fartiste"). He could play wind instruments and smoke cigarettes with his ass, extinguish candle flames from meters away, and imitate barnyard animal sounds. The secret was a sphincter that could suck in huge amounts of air at a time.

http://www.ooze.com/ooze13/petomane.html

By Larsbogart on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 02:57 pm: Edit

Joalco:
Which reminds me of what William Burroughs said:
Did I ever tell you about the man who taught his ass to talk? His whole abdomen would move up and down you dig farting out the words. It was unlike anything I had ever heard.
"After a while the ass start talking on its own. He would go in without anything prepared and his ass would ad-lib and toss the gags back at him every time
"Then it developed sort of teeth-like little raspy in- curving hooks and start eating. He thought this was cute at first and built and act around it, but the asshole would eat its way through his pants and start talking on the street, shouting out it wanted equal rights. It would get drunk, too, and have crying jags nobody loved it and it wanted to be kissed same as any other mouth. Finally it talked all the time day and night, you could hear him for blocks screaming at it to shut up, and beating it with his fist, and sticking candles up it, but nothing did any good and the asshole said to him: 'It's you who will shut up in the end. Not me. Because we don't need you around here any more. I can talk and eat AND shit.'
larsbogart

By Joalco on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 02:33 pm: Edit

Could they be one and the same?

(Yes, the age old argument again resurfaces.)

But, to quote Kevin Smith, "During the tenure of our friendship hasn't it occured to you that most of the time I'm talking out of my ass... Or sticking my hand in it..."

By Chevalier on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 02:31 pm: Edit

I was being tongue-in-cheek, Kallisti. The point of this ironic, very old expression is that at times the messenger is just a carrier of the message -- not the message itself, nor its original source. In such cases, it doesn't do any good to kill the messenger.

By Admin on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 01:17 pm: Edit

geez, be a *little* forgiving.

By Chevalier on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 01:00 pm: Edit

"Kill the messenger." Ever heard that one?

By Larsbogart on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 11:48 am: Edit

Joalco:
The message or the messenger?
larsbogart

By Joalco on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 11:40 am: Edit

Wow. I nominate a new official "Forum Dolt."

Any seconds?

By Chevalier on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 10:30 am: Edit

For the Absinthe Forum's consumption and Colonelyl's protection, let's sanitize that first post:

"Bettina is now offering her newest La Bleue: the #4. I, Colonelyl, feel that its taste is superior to that of the #1. For what it's worth, the thujone content is relatively high; it calls to mind the products that Van Gogh and company presumably drank. Without a doubt, this La Bleue is head and shoulders above the typical European fare. Kudos to its Swiss makers!"

By Petermarc on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 10:20 am: Edit

i would comment, but just reading your post is comment enough...

By Colonelyl on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 10:15 am: Edit

wow-the best Le bleue yet, if not the best absinthe available.Tastes great(even better than #1) and thujones???WOW We did a few shots and I gotta tell ya, this stuff is the closest to what Van Gogh et al must of drank.As usual you drink this in shot form or over rocks.None of that Eurotrash voodoo crap with water sugar and other phony ritual BS. WOW-thank god for awesome Swiss farmers!!!

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation