Question

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archive Thru March 2002: Archive thru March 2002:Question
By Louched_Liver on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 02:50 am: Edit

To paraphrase Shane MacGowan:
How do you what enough is until you've had too much?
Shaneypoo

By Destiny on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 08:54 pm: Edit

Mk - If you want to try Segerra without having to buy a bottle, add some brandy to a glass of NS70. I would strongly suggest a bottle of wolvie's blanche.

By Head_Prosthesis on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 08:54 pm: Edit

I was channeling.

By Admin on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 08:52 pm: Edit

Head, my favorite bartender in San Francisco, who used to work at the Absinthe Restaurant ('magine that!) and his specialty, and our favorite, was his prize winning Manhattans ... they were ... exquisite, like candy. We'd drink four or five in an evening, and he'd use brandied cherries (!). And guess what ... his name was MARCO, and yes, his cocktails were like a handjob.

Dude, you fuck me up.

By Head_Prosthesis on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 08:30 pm: Edit

Come here kitty. I have an axe to grind.

Another one bites the dust...

By Mkmiller on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 08:24 pm: Edit

I just ordered a bottle of La Fee this weekend. My first was NS. Thanks for the insight. I am actually looking foward to trying all that is available....that is, if it doesn't look like windex or have leaves floating in it.

Oh, Head, do you just call your kitty Marco when you are drinking Manhattans or do you just drink Manhattans when you call your kitty Marco?

By Head_Prosthesis on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 08:14 pm: Edit

I'm drinking Manhattans and calling my kitty Marco.

By Giovannigray on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 07:50 pm: Edit

Mk..since you've "read most of the forum", I'll give you the benefit of the doubt - and a shortcut.

From Spain: NS70, Deva 50 and Segarra are my favorites. La Fee is good, and now available (see currently active La Fee thread) And, if you have some money to burn.. Betina's La Bleue #1 is terrific. There's also La Bleue available from Wolvie (do a keyword search, you'll be up to speed quickly), which I've ordered..isn't here yet, but others here love it.

My $0.02

By Mkmiller on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 07:32 pm: Edit

I didn't want to start out with the 'what kind is good?' question. I believe that there would be as many different answers as people. To try a lot of them will take a while, but I guess its what you have to do. If I only drink on weekends and try two kinds each weekend (assuming of course I have money to blow) I should decide on a favorite by next year. And then I can settle into something. Mmmm, taste testing.

By Giovannigray on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 07:12 pm: Edit

I've settled into a somewhat steady ritual of one glass during "L'heure Verte" (late afternoon; early evening) during the weekdays..usually two glasses each evening on the weekend. Moderate indulgence, but it works for me.

By Mkmiller on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 06:57 pm: Edit

Well, I have read most of this forum and haven't seen this question. So, in my newbieness.....How much do you drink? Really. Do you save it for special days. Have a glass every day after/before/during work. Weekends. Just curious on how much I will be spending on my new found pleasure.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation