Archive through March 27, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archive Thru March 2002: Is this what I returned for?:Archive through March 27, 2002
By Chevalier on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 02:37 pm: Edit

Yer name Campbell, sonny? Ah think not.

By Head_Prosthesis on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 02:33 pm: Edit

Don't worry. I'll send ya somethin' boy.

By Chevalier on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 02:30 pm: Edit

Marc? You there?

By Tabreaux on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 02:14 pm: Edit

Please pardon Jorge (Dr. O), while he exhausts every available option to further his offensive agenda.

[That day I learned that making good absinthe is as hard as fart in the shower.]

I have indeed sampled this 'fart in the shower' absinthe(?) that Jorge (Dr. O) distilled, courtesy of a forumite. 'Fart in the shower' is a suitable description for this dark, pungent liquid. In fact, I'm going to save a small portion as perpetual evidence of his vast knowledge and skill.

[Even people who had a pretty dim idea of distillation got pretty good stuff.]

He has a talent for inadvertently professing his own ignorance.

By Chevalier on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 02:04 pm: Edit

So Marc, are you going to send it or what?

By _Blackjack on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 01:47 pm: Edit

Come to think of it, I was mostly trying to figure out what it smelled like. My girl eventually realized it smelled of chamomile...

By _Blackjack on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 01:43 pm: Edit

I didn't find it that bad, but I was drinking it on Sept. 11. Anything that dulled my senses or didn't inspire fear and anguish at that point probably seemd pretty good...

By Chevalier on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 01:30 pm: Edit

Please send the stuff to me, Marc. After all, someone once sent it to you, and it's doing no good on your shelf. I'm serious. Pass it on.

It'll be my first taste of hausgemacht, good or bad. If you don't like me, consider the gift a form of punishment. Otherwise, consider it a chance to share an absinthe experience, good or bad, with a fellow forumite. My address is:

Marc Chevalier
Callao 3464, dpto. 404
Las Condes,
Santiago
CHILE

By Marccampbell on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 01:15 pm: Edit

I can't imagine anybody drinking ordinaire's "absinthe". half a glass was more than I could take.

By Head_Prosthesis on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 01:11 pm: Edit

I liked it. But then again I like Serpis and a large majority of you don't.

I'm also about to dig into this delicious looking can of "cuitlacoche"(corn fungus) sent to me by a red haired vixen from Cali.

By Marccampbell on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 01:07 pm: Edit

kallisti,

I'm glad you had the courage to be honest about Ordinaire's homebrew because I didn't. Its unseemly to look a gift horse in the mouth, so I kept my trap shut. Ordinaire sent me a gift of absinthe and the bottle remains mostly full. Its dreadful tasting. I shared it with several other people and we all agreed that it wasn't even remotely absinthe. Its essentially an awful tasting green liquid. Extremely bitter and unpleasent. If thats the best ordinaire can produce, he has some nerve attacking Ted and Don.

By Head_Prosthesis on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 01:03 pm: Edit

That goes for you too Dr. O.

By Head_Prosthesis on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 01:01 pm: Edit

No this is not what you returned for.
You returned for the same reason everyone
returns...

to see their own breath spilled out on a
digital page.

I'm my biggest fan. How about you?

By Admin on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 12:57 pm: Edit

Dr., you've bandied this about before, about receiving the "Forum's seal of approval" ... well you didn't receive it from me. I remained respectfully silent due to the fact that I found it highly uninpsiring and probably one of the worst home brews out of the many that I have had the pleasure to try. But you keep traipsing out your "seal of approval" when most of us just remained respectfully silent with our opinions.

There are plenty of people who can make a decent and sometimes wonderful hausgemacht, no one is disputing that. If you don't believe it is a worthwhile the project jade has embarked on, WHATEVER. But it's not all lies and smokescreens.

But your whole debunking agenda makes you look a lot worse than scandal you are trying to uncover.

By Baz on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 11:59 am: Edit

OH_
she said she was a ball licker. sorry.

By Baz on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 11:58 am: Edit

I said my accolades could be bought.

I don't suck for anything. (I think cheri insinuated that she does!)

By Larsbogart on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 11:47 am: Edit

Baz:
You will have to be screened to see if you have accoladed anyone else, if so, theres a box of sugar and some water you can suck up for.
larsbogart

By Verdigris_Harpy on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 11:39 am: Edit

Bad hats are fun hats.

Remember that show Lidsville,where all the
charachters were hats?

Tip of the hat.Hi,Don.

V.

By Baz on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 11:27 am: Edit

my accolades can be purchased!! One large bottle, please!!!

By Dr_Ordinaire on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 11:27 am: Edit

Did you bring these Commandments in stone from Mount Sinai, Don?

You guys NEED a reality check.

About a year ago I went to an absinthe tasting party in Healdsburg, CA. 13 total, 8 Hausgemacht (from 5 makers).

Guess what? ALL the Hausgemacht were excellent. I know, because my Hausgemacht has gotten the "Forum's seal of approval" and the others were in the same league.

That day I learned that making good absinthe is as hard as fart in the shower. Even people who had a pretty dim idea of distillation got pretty good stuff.

If you Forumites would ever try making absinthe...some assholes would magically dissapear....

By Etienne on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 11:14 am: Edit

Baz;

Careful about what you say, you'll be accused of having been "bribed" to say something good about Jade.

By Baz on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 11:08 am: Edit

I might be able to see more clearly, if, say, you were to send some samples to open mine eyes...

signed,
one of the unfortunate who have yet to experience JADE!

By Etienne on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 11:04 am: Edit

Don, don't trouble yourself with these things, you know you have friends here.

By Joalco on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 10:49 am: Edit

Don ~

It's good to see you put in an appearance once again, and I think most people here see things for what they are. Those of us who have been fortunate enough to sample pre-release Jade (my many thanks to a kind forumite!) know that you two are doing quite a bit more than blowing hot air, and the rest of the good forum folk will (sooner or later) have the chance to judge for themselves.

~jc

By Don_Walsh on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 10:45 am: Edit

Frontal assaults from Ordinary and the Kelvinator?

People who contribute NOTHING but bile?

Timk says I am "unhelpful". The record speaks for itself, even after startting up Jade with Ted I remained one of the most outgoing, informative commentators about fermentation and distillation and absinthe here.

So much so in fact that my partner Ted had to beg me to cease and desist.

Slowly, unwillingly, I came around to his point of view, which is that the few that I helped were not worth the lurkers who wished only to glean our processes bit by bit to commercially compete -- I do not mean the Hausgemachters.

Plus the nay-sayers like Ordinary and Kelvinator who only wish to obfiscate rather than clarify, and who will turn any comment into a weapon to be flung back at us.

No, Ted us right, and the best things to say is NOTHING.

Newbies take warning: the people you might think are the 'good guys' might not be what they seem and the people you think are the bad hats, well, just might be better than you perceive.

PAY ATTENTION WHEN TIMK ACCUSES INNOCENT AION OF BEING SOMEONE ELSE.

Aion is a good guy; timk is a venemous twit.

PAY ATTENTION WHEN MARC CAMPBELL SPEAKS/

He speaks the truth.

PAY ATTENTION ESPECIALLY WHEN ADMIN BREAKS HER SILENCE AND TELLS ORDINAIRE TO STUFF IT.

She rarely intervenes.

PAY ATTENTION WHEN OXYGENEE AND PETERMARC WEIGH IN for they know what they are talking about.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation