Ordinaire wins

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archive Thru March 2002: Ordinaire wins
 SubtopicPosts Updated
Archive through March 29, 2002  25   03/29 08:45am
Archive through March 31, 2002  25   04/01 10:36am

By Baz on Monday, April 01, 2002 - 01:24 pm: Edit

I should just listen to myself more often. I bitch about it, but I put myself in this boat and I have to learn to paddle. I'm gonna take a long vacation when I get out of the PD profession. Speaking of that, I had put my bitch fiance up for auction on here a few weeks ago. Only got bid up to about four bits. I have to put some reserve on this, any other takers? I'd hate to have to take her with me...

By Arj on Monday, April 01, 2002 - 10:36 am: Edit

Sounds exciting anyway, Baz. Take it from a benefits litigator, I'd love to do one of those sometime. I did a little criminal pro bono. Fun stuff.

I know what you mean about old before your time at 30. People get pretty beat down after a few years in BigLaw, probably as bad as public defenders. Good luck with that case.

By Baz on Monday, April 01, 2002 - 09:46 am: Edit

If I don't die first.

By Lordhobgoblin on Monday, April 01, 2002 - 07:28 am: Edit

Look on the bright side, it's good career experience for you.

Hobgoblin

By Baz on Monday, April 01, 2002 - 06:02 am: Edit

Sorry ARJ-out for the weekend
It's not a death penalty case, but it is a murder case. KY requires "agrivating factors" before the death penalty can be invoked. Things like violation of a domestic violence order are agrivators. If I were the victim, though, my being murdered would be an agrivating factor.

And murder cases are always a nightmare. This is my second one and I'm only thirty. I'm too young to feel this old. 'Course, it beats meing shot at.

By Arj on Sunday, March 31, 2002 - 11:23 am: Edit

Thanks for the tips Don and Hobgoblin. I ordered a copy of Golitsyn's first book. If I can't sleep at night, you're going to hear about it.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation