Archive through March 28, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archive Thru March 2002: The real recipe for original Pernod 68:Archive through March 28, 2002
By Marccampbell on Thursday, March 28, 2002 - 01:01 am: Edit

ordinaire

Up until now, I had never commented on your absinthe. I was being kind. But your boasts regarding the high quality of your concoction demanded an honest, albeit harsh, response from
someone who tasted the stuff, myself.

I recently took samples of la Bleu, nephilim's
#16 and your brew to a tasting in San Francisco.
There were only 4 people at the tasting, but all of us were unanimous in our negative opinion of your brew. The response was really comical: people frantically waving their hands in front of their mouths and crying out for water. The taste of your swill reminded me of the poet Michael McClure's description of the taste of peyote: (I'm paraphrasing) "it tastes like the smell of a dead rainsoaked dog lying in a gutter on a hot afternoon".

It was kind of you to send me your creation. I appreciate the generosity. I wish I had something
nice to say about your "absinthe". Unfortunately, I don't.

By Dr_Ordinaire on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 11:49 pm: Edit

What an interesting development. When I was one of the True (or is it Turd) Believer, my absinthe was wonderful. NObody questioned it.

All of a sudden is an undrinkable mess.

Has my absinthe changed? Or had the Forum Godss decided that my absinthe is not PC anymore
Don't listen to me. Don't listen to them. MAKE YUOR OWN OPINION, FORUMITE!

By Larsbogart on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 09:29 pm: Edit

Don:
You know you have a good sense of humor. There's more Irish in you than you may think. I like you better when you use that side than the side of you that can hurt.
But hey! Who cares what the hell I think?
larsbogart

By Don_Walsh on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 09:20 pm: Edit

Ordinary (or Snored 'n Airy): I don't know when your invisible giant white rabbit started distilling absinthe, but, it musdt have been recently, as according to Kallisti and Marc Campbell, it's the vilest stuff this side of Hell.

On the other hand I have known what Pernod is/was since I was about 14, and that is 36-37 years ago.

And I have been distilling, in the broad sense of conducting distillations, equally as long. Something that requires more skills than does making liquor I might add.

So blow it out your ass. Sounds like THAT is part of your protocol anyway.

By Timk on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 02:51 pm: Edit

"Pernod knew very well that for an experienced distiller finding out how to make absinthe was a cinch"

This statement was likely correct at the time, however in tha last 80 years, the knowledge was lost.

There were hundreds of Absinthe distilleries, many of them producing high quality products.

How difficult do you think it would have been for an experienced distiller of the time (they were all producing absinthe) to modify his recipe and methods to produce something close to pernod.

I think the reason most didnt was price, and if they were going to make a higher priced quality absinthe, it would have made sense to make something distinctive so that it wasnt just in direct competion against pernod, but offered something else. Cressonee would probably be a good example, though I dont know how it compared price wise with Pernod.

By _Blackjack on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 02:44 pm: Edit

Quote:

No one has said its easy to reproduce a copy of Pre ban Pernod,

Dr. Ordinaire did:

Quote:

Pernod knew very well that for an experienced distiller finding out how to make absinthe was a cinch.

By Timk on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 02:38 pm: Edit

lol

By Head_Prosthesis on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 02:34 pm: Edit

Here Timk, lemme fix that for ya'!

By Timk on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 02:34 pm: Edit

hehe

By Tabreaux on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 02:25 pm: Edit

By Timk on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 02:23 pm: Edit

No one has said its easy to reproduce a copy of Pre ban Pernod, Tweaking your distillation methods, recipe etc. to get the taste correct would be a time consuming, laborious process.

All I attempted to do was ascertain what use scientific analysis was in achieveing this goal, and I get my fucking head bitten off.

By Marccampbell on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 01:10 pm: Edit

please read kallisti's and my review of ordinaire's absinthe in the "this is what I returned for" forum.

By _Blackjack on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 12:48 pm: Edit

Well, I have had an opportunity to sample some of Dr. O's stuff, and while it was good, it was not great. Wolvie's stuff is better, and I honstly liked it less than NS. I haven't had any of Ted's (hint hint) so I can't compare them in that respect,

Now, the stuff I had was sort of an experiment, with damiana, which may have explained the excessive bitterness, but the louche was also very weak, and I was told that was true of his regular stuff as well. If it is such a simple matter to reproduce the vintage Pernod recipe, shouldn't it also be a simple matter to make it louche like vintage Pernod?

I'm not ragging on Dr. O's skill; I certainly couldn't have done any better. I'm just saying that there seems to be more involved than just following the published recipe.

By Dr_Ordinaire on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 11:09 am: Edit

"Nor are you a Hausgemachter, you are a pretender and a poseur, a fake, a fraud, a worthless wannabe. I wouldn't wash my dogs with your absinthe, it's probably give them the mange.
"

Of course I'm not a Hausgemachter. It is illegal in the USA. However, my friend Dr. O has made some absinthe that has been favourably reviewed by some high-up absintheurs in the Forum.

Don, whether you like it or nor, Dr. O was distilling absinthe at a time when you thought Pernod was a French bicycle maker...

By Dr_Ordinaire on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 11:05 am: Edit

Don, Ted, do you really mean that? Everybody who posts under a pseudonym is a: " handle not a person, you are not subject to scrutiny, and thus you are a craven pathetic motherless spineless miserable cur without dignity, without face, without honor, without cojones. Crawl back to whence you came. Do not sully the company of men any alongr, you capon. Your former miniscule testicles hand from your ears like decorations dipped in bronze, suitable for the weekend blowjob artist you have become. Go turn a trick elsewhere, whore-gay. "

I don't think so. Artemis would not agree with that.

"I post under my own name and m,y accomplishments can be found easily enough.

Ted likewise"

YES, I'm still waiting for Ted's accomplishments. The longer he delays, the more the people are going to think there's nothing there.

By Don_Walsh on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 11:01 am: Edit

Ted is no Haugemachter. Indeed, the current crop of Haugemachters would have no rudder and no goal if they hadn't tasted one of Ted's 4-5-6-more definitive absinthes. Starting with Artemis, who has said so.

Nor are you a Hausgemachter, you are a pretender and a poseur, a fake, a fraud, a worthless wannabe. I wouldn't wash my dogs with your absinthe, it's probably give them the mange.

Pathetic jealous nonentity! Who do you reckon you are fooling?

By Don_Walsh on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 10:57 am: Edit

Jorge, your lack of brains is matched only by your gutless, cowardly lack of balls.

I post under my own name and m,y accomplishments can be found easily enough.

Ted likewise.

You are a handle not a person, you are not subject to scrutiny, and thus you are a craven pathetic motherless spineless miserable cur without dignity, without face, without honor, without cojones. Crawl back to whence you came. Do not sully the company of men any alongr, you capon. Your former miniscule testicles hand from your ears like decorations dipped in bronze, suitable for the weekend blowjob artist you have become. Go turn a trick elsewhere, whore-gay.

By Dr_Ordinaire on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 10:55 am: Edit

Oh, Ted, so you have NO frigging published works, do you?

And ALL you have done is TWO Hausgemachts?

Again I must ask: why the attitude?

By Tabreaux on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 10:54 am: Edit

[Until then, this "turd" is going to keep calling you a fake.]

Quite frankly, I don't care what you call me. You are a coward who hides behind a pseudonym. You are nobody, and you've done nothing. You're not even a pimple on my ass.

Deal with it.

By Don_Walsh on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 10:51 am: Edit

Ordinary, you have no arguments to rebut.

And only newbies will fail to know that you have been at this tiresome charade for some time. Way too long for anyone's patience.

Ted is accomplished, you are not. He is recognized, you are jealous. You are eaten and consumed by your own inadequacy and stand naked in front of the forum, ashamed of your own smallness. Pathetic. Pitiful. Shameful and spiteful.

In short you are a lying sack or south american cockroaches.

Go away before I call for an exterminator.

By Tabreaux on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 10:50 am: Edit

[It was Ted who mentioned peer-reviewed papers (by PhDs).]

Correction, it is you who cannot read....

{March 24, 2002, 2:34pm}
Ted said: Meanwhile, in the scientific community, my work is scrutinized by my peers, who are all Ph.D. chemists.

No one mentioned published papers but you. As always, you're just looking for something to whine about.

By Dr_Ordinaire on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 10:50 am: Edit

NO, Ted, you can laugh AFTER you have posted a list of your peer-reviewed, published works.

Until then, this "turd" is going to keep calling you a fake.

By Tabreaux on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 10:47 am: Edit

What's all this?

I am being called a 'fake' by a gutless turd that hides behind a pseudonym?

Can I laugh now?

By Dr_Ordinaire on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 10:41 am: Edit

Not so easy, Don.

By now I hope some people are wondering why you chose to attack me personally instead of rebutting my arguments.

By now some people may be wondering why you two have made such big stink about original absinthe when it's so frigging easy to make it.

It was Ted who mentioned peer-reviewed papers (by PhDs). I'm merely asking that he put his papers where his mouth is.

Until then, the operating word is FAKE.

By Don_Walsh on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 10:15 am: Edit

Not so easy, fuckface. You stand revealed to all as an asshole supreme, and Ted is so far from being a fake, it ain't even funny.

You have given yourself all the rope you needed to hang toyself, so now just swing, motherfucker.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation