Archive through March 29, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archive Thru March 2002: BETINA ELIXIRS ANNOUNCEMENT...NEW PERNOD ABSINTHE:Archive through March 29, 2002
By Dr_Ordinaire on Friday, March 29, 2002 - 03:43 am: Edit

"Admin, I would like to formally complain about the hijacking of your bandwidth by Ordinaire, he is tying up the forum, he is lying, he is deceitful, and he is obnoxious to anyone who doesn't kiss his pimply ass.

You have rules against the overlong extension of debate on settled issues -- do you not?

I respectfully suggest you warn him off of the subjects and if he persists, put him on ice for a week. He bloodly well deserves it. He'll survive. I did. "

Darn, Don, if I didn't know better, I would think of you as a cry baby.

Mommy! Mommy! Dr. O is being nasty! He is asking questions! He does not believe that Ted is God and I his prophet. Ban the heretic, mommy...

By Don_Walsh on Thursday, March 28, 2002 - 10:45 pm: Edit

Baz,

The state of the art is 24-25% from corn mash using Alltech enzymes, but, I have not trtied this myself.

You are quite right that stripping a low % mash/wash by distillation is an energy intensive operation, and that higher %'s are much more efficient.

By Chevalier on Thursday, March 28, 2002 - 03:27 pm: Edit

Well, Blackjack, if they can feed Joyce Carol Oates to horses ...

By Timk on Thursday, March 28, 2002 - 03:25 pm: Edit

"Too bad, it's a waste of your free electrons for sure."

and during the course of it, you probably wasted as many of them as Dr. O anyway.

By _Blackjack on Thursday, March 28, 2002 - 03:18 pm: Edit

Quote:

it ferments just fine, using yeats

Who knew dead Irish poets were so useful!

By Don_Walsh on Thursday, March 28, 2002 - 11:49 am: Edit

Too bad, it's a waste of your free electrons for sure.

By Admin on Thursday, March 28, 2002 - 11:47 am: Edit

my rules specifically apply to nasty, insulting, below the belt interchanges. while this has been heated, and lots of accusations, I don't think it quite falls into that category.

By Don_Walsh on Thursday, March 28, 2002 - 11:28 am: Edit

Admin, I would like to formally complain about the hijacking of your bandwidth by Ordinaire, he is tying up the forum, he is lying, he is deceitful, and he is obnoxious to anyone who doesn't kiss his pimply ass.

You have rules against the overlong extension of debate on settled issues -- do you not?

I respectfully suggest you warn him off of the subjects and if he persists, put him on ice for a week. He bloodly well deserves it. He'll survive. I did.

By Admin on Thursday, March 28, 2002 - 11:10 am: Edit

Jeebus, if an idiot like me can see he said NOTHING about getting ethanol from sucrose, I should think you should. Just stop the spin already. It doesn't work when Don's post is only three posts below yours for all to read.

Quote:

At the time I made that remark I had about a metric ton of various sugars on hand to use in evaluating a variety of yeasts under production consitions to compare congener profiles.

Learned a lot.

You want to misinterpret what I was doing for your own purposes, when you have neither the details nor the ability to interpret the little that you do know.

So shut the fuck up before you embarass yourself further.

Because that is all you are doing: playing a broken record that everyone is bored to hear.

YES we use wine spirits/grape alcohol. What wine spirits we use is our business. How we obtain or produce them is our business. What we do with them is our business. You have not a clue and you never will.

By Don_Walsh on Thursday, March 28, 2002 - 11:09 am: Edit

Learn to spell "geniuses", genius.

I do not ferment sucrose. I tried it, and it ferments just fine, using yeats with invertase, but it does not provide the right flavor matrix (congeners). It's a good way to make vodka though. But not wine spirits or grape alcohol.

I said so in another post only today. Back to the Big Lie technique again, Dr Goebbels? How are Fraus Goebbels and the kinder? Stocking up on bitter almond mouthwash are we?

You might try reading what I say instead of just making up whatever quotes you feel like attributing to me. Asshole!

By Dr_Ordinaire on Thursday, March 28, 2002 - 11:01 am: Edit

Jeeez, Don, it's just to hard to get any answer from you geniouses anyway...

So tell us Don, how do you get original absinthe while using alcohol from sucrose...????

By Don_Walsh on Thursday, March 28, 2002 - 09:10 am: Edit

Well, he does look rather like the aftermath of a head on collission with a truckload of unplucked fryers on a freshly macadamed stretch of highway/

Or a scene in THE GREAT RACE, Absinthe Version, where Professor Fate lands in a chicken coop?

By Tabreaux on Thursday, March 28, 2002 - 06:53 am: Edit

Ordinaire says: "WE LIVE IN DIFFERENT REALITY TUNNELS!"

He lives in a 'tunnel' because his head is so far up his ass.

Ignore him Don, he's just grasping for anything to divert attention from his most recent tar and feathering.

By Baz on Thursday, March 28, 2002 - 06:49 am: Edit

Don, as I have said on this board before, I do quite a bit of fermenting myself. But distillation is still a mystery. In your experiments with various yeasts, what was the highest alcohol content you could get from JUST YEAST? I assume that you want the highest possible, to make distillation easier. I've never attempted anything above 15 %

Not asking for trade secrets-just curious

By Don_Walsh on Thursday, March 28, 2002 - 02:21 am: Edit

Back to that specious argument again?

If you are going to quote me get it right.

I did not say sucrose.

And I did not say per week.

At the time I made that remark I had about a metric ton of various sugars on hand to use in evaluating a variety of yeasts under production consitions to compare congener profiles.

Learned a lot.

You want to misinterpret what I was doing for your own purposes, when you have neither the details nor the ability to interpret the little that you do know.

So shut the fuck up before you embarass yourself further.

Because that is all you are doing: playing a broken record that everyone is bored to hear.

YES we use wine spirits/grape alcohol. What wine spirits we use is our business. How we obtain or produce them is our business. What we do with them is our business. You have not a clue and you never will.

By Dr_Ordinaire on Thursday, March 28, 2002 - 01:28 am: Edit

OK, Lars, you want to hear from the left side of the brain.

Fine.

Some time ago Don posted about "fermenting tons of sucrose a week".

I don't know. Maybe he runs a fleet of ethanol powered vehicles to bring the wine alcohol to his distillery.

Just kidding. All that industrial alcohol goes into Jade. Of course, I'm only an idiot who makes bad absinthe. But go and read what Pernod Fils thought in 1896 about people who used ANYTHING ELSE but wine alcohol in their absinthe.

The word "inferior" comes up a lot. Ask them. Of course, they won't answer. That will be your answer.

By Larsbogart on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 11:05 pm: Edit

Dr. O:
Ok , we've listened to your bitchy female side, can we hear from the man in you? Stop all the incidental bullshit. Get high or get out.
larsbogart

By Larsbogart on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 11:02 pm: Edit

Dr. O:
Ok , we've listened to your bitchy female side, can we hear from the man in you? Stop all the incidental bullshit. Get high or get out.
larsbogart

By Aion on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 10:51 pm: Edit

"....educated...."
What was the reference for their education??

O god, that old "gift horse" thing.

If one sends you a sample that is shit,
SAY IT IS SHIT!!!!!! NO POLITENESS!!!
Do not say "Oh my god I loved it" and
than later "Actually it was shit",
lying is worse and helps nobody!

By Dr_Ordinaire on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 10:20 pm: Edit

SORRY, Don, many educated absintheurs have loved my damiana.

Why do you have such a problem with this herb? There was not a "sacred" formula for absinthe, but many local variations, incorporating local herbs.

Here in America Damiana (Turnera Aphrodisiaca) is local. What's wrong with trying it?

Women, in particular, report strong arousing effects.

It's worth trying, Don, you're not that old.

By Don_Walsh on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 09:09 pm: Edit

Easy to make bilious swill, it seems, Jorge...why don't you take your damniana and scram?

Your stuff makes the Czechs and the Bulgars look good.

By Mr_Rabid on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 03:01 pm: Edit

"Oh, Don, if your customers knew how easy it is to make absinthe...."

Missing point. Easy to make crap. Hard to make good. Harder still to recreate lost brand.

Easy to make rocket engine too. Try make rocket engine yourself. Now try to make one that goes to moon.

By Timk on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 02:29 pm: Edit

True, True Lordh

By Dr_Ordinaire on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 11:48 am: Edit

Oh, Don, if your customers knew how easy it is to make absinthe....

No, I'm not saying they will become Hausgemachters. Some of us are quite lazy.

But certainly they will lose the "religious respect" they have now on some trained technicians...

By Don_Walsh on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 11:04 am: Edit

Oh, not our customers, asshole.

Just you.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation