Archive through March 29, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archive Thru March 2002: Dr. Snored 'n Airy 's Own Lil' Corner to Throw Stones @ Jade:Archive through March 29, 2002
By Marccampbell on Friday, March 29, 2002 - 06:41 pm: Edit

hobgoblin,

I was clear on why I posted my negative review
of ordinaire's "absinthe". he was making claims regarding its quality that were simply not true.
I was also clear as to my discomfort about posting the review. One area in which I generally keep my opinions to myself is in my responses to gifts. I'm from the school that says "its the thought that counts". If my wife's father gives me a brown turtleneck sweater for Christmas, I'm not going to tell him I hate it, I'll smile and thank him for the gift. Thats the way most goodhearted people respond to a gift they don't particularly like. Its the courteous thing to do.
I only posted the ordinaire "absinthe" review because, as I have said, his claims for it were wildly out of proportion to the truth. And his meanspirited harrassment of Ted voided out any compassion I might have had for the doctor.

By Don_Walsh on Friday, March 29, 2002 - 03:20 pm: Edit

Lord H: I assume you are talking about the criticisms of Ordinary's wannabe absinthe.

These comments, revisionist or not, were made by Marc, Kallisti, and Blackjack -- the last one being only moderately negative -- and these are people who are NEVER blown in the wind of popular opinion about ANYTHING much less some wannabe's hooch.

I find their explanations perfectly credible, and I find incredible the proposition that they are somehow artificially attuned to the "in crowd" position. There is NO in crowd position. Shit, last week or two I was banned and this week I'm supposed to be a Sacred Cow? Well, that's stupid. (And Dr O's position not yours.)

I know you are a contrarian, and so am I sometimes, but really, I fail to see how or why you can gainsay someone's comments about their own personal reactions to a liquor.

Criticize them for being too polite the first time around, maybe, but don't knock them for coming out now with the truth. Most assuredly, these three people did not do so because they thought it was the 'in' thing to do.

I say again, there is no 'in crowd' but if there was, Blackjack and Marc would be in it, and Kallisti, well, as owner of this place by definition as well as by merit.

By Lordhobgoblin on Friday, March 29, 2002 - 12:56 am: Edit

Benjamin Franklin certainly would have been proud of some of the threads on this forum at the moment.

By 2loucheltrec on Thursday, March 28, 2002 - 09:34 pm: Edit

yeah!!!!! more talking posteriors. i guess we all can talk out it at sometime... even our founding fathers.

By Raschied on Thursday, March 28, 2002 - 09:06 pm: Edit

THHHHHPPPPPTTTTT! Ahh!

By 2loucheltrec on Thursday, March 28, 2002 - 08:01 pm: Edit

baz- I didn't see my "no lackey" as a disclaimer when I wrote it (I can see now how you read that into it) but as a way to possibly prevent dr. o from automatically putting me in the "don" clique, I have no side in this, put I do have an opinion. I think everyone should stop and think before throwing stones at each other :-( what we throw at someone might come back in our face because our mental filter failed.
lord h- who cares about "in crowds"?? I know I don't care who agrees with what I say or do . I think both dr.o and don have both put their feet in their mouths in the past and both have made some valid points (hence the neutral standpoint), maybe they're lies maybe not, who cares , just let it be and discuss things(not who's an arse or not), you don't have to totally agree with someone to have a discussion , you do however have to respect their right to their opinion and their right to voice it.

By Lordhobgoblin on Thursday, March 28, 2002 - 01:56 pm: Edit

Baz,

Cliquishness on this forum? Heaven forbid!

You are right Baz. It's one of the things I dislike about this forum. Rather than people just saying whatever the hell they think, quite a few people here appear to think to themselves "what do the forum 'in-crowd' think?" and then post accordingly. Who knows if they post 'correctly' often enough they too may become part of the 'in-crowd'. A sure sign of insecurity and lack of self-confidence.

Too often this forum sounds like the bleating of sheep. You don't get too many punk-rock stripper bars sounding like that do you?

Hobgoblin

By Admin on Thursday, March 28, 2002 - 07:49 am: Edit

Burl Yves: MEN-DACITY!

By Baz on Thursday, March 28, 2002 - 07:08 am: Edit

Why is it that whenver people post these days, they feel the need to put a disclaimer? "I'm no lackey" "Not asking trade secrets" "Don't want to make you mad"

I caught myself doing it earlier. Aren't we all getting a little too "cliquish" and sensitive?

By 2loucheltrec on Thursday, March 28, 2002 - 06:56 am: Edit

Dr. O. have you thought that the reason YOU get so mad is because THEY strike close to the truth? Or are you trying to turn (keep?) this a "playground pissing contest". Before you say it, I'm not a lacky of anyone on the forum just because I may agree with someone that you don't (seems to be your M.O.). vice verca.

By Don_Walsh on Thursday, March 28, 2002 - 02:24 am: Edit

Boring, repetitious, and mendacious is no way to go through life, Ordinary.

Get a proper life, and stop making everyone's eyes glaze over.

By Dr_Ordinaire on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 11:39 pm: Edit

is the truth...?

By Dr_Ordinaire on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 11:35 pm: Edit

"Has anybody considered that the reason they get so mad ..."

By Dr_Ordinaire on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 11:34 pm: Edit

"Has anybody considered that the reason they get so mad ..."

By Marccampbell on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 11:25 pm: Edit

the motherfucker just keeps coming back for more. whats the deal ordinaire? glutton for punishment?

By Don_Walsh on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 11:21 pm: Edit

Not really. We get mad because you just recycle the same damned lies over and over again and it is tiresome.

By Dr_Ordinaire on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 11:13 pm: Edit

Has anybody considered that the reason they get so mad is because some of the things I say are truths...and not lies.

By Head_Prosthesis on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 10:43 pm: Edit

Don't that suck?

By Lint on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 10:42 pm: Edit

damn

By Lint on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 10:41 pm: Edit

1,clones

By Nolan on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 10:32 pm: Edit

Has the dr been banned or left of his own accord?

By 2loucheltrec on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 08:07 pm: Edit

I know I'm new to this forum but I've been watching what's been going on recently, now I'm putting a voice in addition to my viewing.
vera- like your pic ;-)
so do you think Dr. Snore d'Aire will show up to "his " thread.

By Verawench on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 07:54 pm: Edit

driffic

By Verawench on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 07:52 pm: Edit

driffic

By Louched_Liver on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 05:23 pm: Edit

Have at it. We'll be the one's not paying attention anymore.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation