Hill's Scope...er...Absinth

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archive Thru March 2002: Hill's Scope...er...Absinth
By Mr_Rabid on Tuesday, April 02, 2002 - 12:48 pm: Edit

Sebors is good, not at all like the spanish, but also too expensive.

Worth trying IMO, but make sure if you do to buy from Kyle. There is a fake, not-actually-Sebors site out there.

By Nascentvirion on Tuesday, April 02, 2002 - 06:50 am: Edit

When I was looking to buy a bottle I stayed as far away from the Hills. I've been reading everyones posts on this and I figured if everyone said it sucked they probably arent lying. If I wanted to buy Mouthwash I would have bought some Scope or Listerine. I've also read most of the Czech brands taste the same way.Are there any good Czech brands ??? So I stayed far away. I tried the La Fee last night for the first time. I'm actually pleased with it, but the hunt will continue..

By Brett on Sunday, March 31, 2002 - 10:02 pm: Edit

Honestly, I really find it to be a combination of industrial-style alcohol and mint mouthwash. Perhaps if Hill's made mini-bottles, it would be easier. See I figured a) everyone say's its crap, but I've never tried it and b) how bad can it be? $80 and two glasses later, now I know. The taste is also somewhat reminiscent of Galiano, although Galiano is far less overpowering and much sweeter.

I think next time I make the mistake of going to a friend of a friend's party, I'll bring the Hill's. It should go pretty quickly at a place that eventually degenerates into a high-school party. The aim their seems not to be enjoying a tasty drink, but getting as blasted as possible. As long as I get the empty bottle back, which is probably the best part of the whole Hill's experience.

By Mkmiller on Sunday, March 31, 2002 - 09:31 pm: Edit

I know that its suppose to be bad windex, but I have always wanted to try Hill's, just so I could say it was shit from my own experience. Though, I am not prepared to buy a bottle just for that.

By Brett on Sunday, March 31, 2002 - 09:08 pm: Edit

Funny, the aftertaste from my original mint Scope tastes oddly like Hill's Absinthe. I think they just re-created Scope with higher proof alcohol and watered the taste down. It even looks kind of like Scope.

And now for something completely different... what could be better than Biz Markie doing Elton's classic Benny and the Jets?

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation