Printable Version of Topic

Click here to view this topic in its original format

The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. _ The Entrance Hall _ Hello from the Seattle Metro

Posted by: MusetteduBois Sep 4 2013, 04:20 AM

Greetings!

I'm from the Seattle Metro, and my first introduction to absinthe was Pacifique Absinthe. I have two dogs in a somewhat rural area, and you can catch things from dogs in that environment. I got the idea to drink absinthe periodically to keep the intestinal parasites at bay, just in case (wormwood). What I discovered is that absinthe is a delightful, refreshing cocktail, so I observe L'Heure Verte regularly now.

À votre santé! absintheglass-glow2.gif


Posted by: G&C Sep 4 2013, 02:36 PM

I sure wish my first Absinthe had been Pacifique!

Welcome.

Posted by: Kirk Sep 4 2013, 03:31 PM

A few parasites never hurt anyone!

Posted by: Provenance Sep 4 2013, 03:51 PM

So, your dog now drinks Pacifique to protect both of you from parasites. Interesting approach.

Greetings.

Posted by: Artemis Sep 4 2013, 05:02 PM

It's hard to tell if you're serious or just wanted a humorous introduction, but just in case:
There are prescription drugs to rid dogs of parasites. All you have to do is convince a vet that the dogs have them, which does involve some stinky business at home, and/or taking the dogs to him. Probably less expensive than absinthe in the long run and certainly more effective. Frankly, the thought of someone getting a buzz while his dogs are left to suffer kind of pisses me off. What would you do if they had mange; rub ointment on yourself?

Posted by: Tibro Sep 4 2013, 07:29 PM

Wash the dog's genitals before having sex if you're unsure where your bitch has been.

Posted by: Absomphe Sep 4 2013, 10:45 PM

What G&C said.

And welcome!

Posted by: L'Assommoir Sep 4 2013, 10:49 PM

My parasites like Pacifique as well. They get drunk for me. I just like the taste.

Welcome.
absintheglass-glow2.gif

Posted by: Jack Batemaster Sep 5 2013, 04:19 PM

Parlant français : bon.

Posted by: Jaded Prole Sep 5 2013, 07:29 PM

Parasites or not, you are fortunate to have a decent brand available in your area.

Welcome.

Posted by: Hillbilly Sep 5 2013, 09:56 PM

As for me and mine, (animals included) we eat http://www.naturalnews.com/039326_diatomaceous_earth_detox_mercury.html to get rid of parasites.
It's a whole lot cheaper than absinthe. Alhough not quite as tasty.

Posted by: Artemis Sep 5 2013, 10:08 PM

Never thought of that (never had worms, either, though). It's good stuff for cutting up aphids on flowers, for sure.

Posted by: Hillbilly Sep 5 2013, 10:28 PM

I actually found out about it while looking online for a natural flea remedy for my hound. Then I started reading all the comments from people who have been using it and thought, I could use some of that. Started the hounds and the rest of us on a regimen. Three days after, he passed a huge pile of worms. The humans of the family haven't. But we have noticed quite a few of the http://www.earthworkshealth.com/human-use-testimonials.php ourselves. High BP, Diabetes, Heart Disease, all run in the family. So if I can keep the Sawbones and the Gravedigger away for a while longer, I'm all for it. But you do have to get the http://purepermaguard.com/diatomaceous-earth.php kind from fresh water diatoms. And it is as "cheap as dirt."

Posted by: Artemis Sep 5 2013, 10:37 PM

We use spinosad on the dogs. First collected from the zombie dirt of a Caribbean distillery; go figure. It immediately and positively kills every flea on a dog. Some people say it makes their dogs sick, but I never had that problem. But it's not cheaper than dirt; it's more expensive than absinthe.

Posted by: Hillbilly Sep 5 2013, 10:48 PM

I had been adding brewers yeast to their food, but I think I started too late. Wasn't having immediate results. The DE kills the fleas in about 48 hrs, but doesn't keep them from getting on them. So now I add both to their food, wet it a little, and they eat it right up. That zombie dirt sounds interesting.

Posted by: Artemis Sep 5 2013, 11:13 PM

It comes in the form of a large pill. The dogs seek cover when they hear me open the package; they know the sound. But I coat the things in peanut butter, then wrap them in a slice of ham; and they eat them that way. You have to have a Vet sell it to you after he writes a (one-time) prescription; it's not sold over the counter. But fleas won't get on them after they eat it. It lasts 30 days or more.

Posted by: Greytail Sep 7 2013, 11:43 PM

I eat bee pollen.

Posted by: Provenance Sep 9 2013, 03:07 AM

I eat paste.

Posted by: Jack Batemaster Oct 2 2013, 11:03 PM




Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Powered by Invision Power Board (http://www.invisionboard.com)
© Invision Power Services (http://www.invisionpower.com)