Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> An Historic Moment
Kallisti
post Oct 8 2003, 09:47 PM
Post #1

Unregistered

Logan Fils, and any reference to that company or website has been removed from the guide for personal reasons related to insurmountable effrontery on the part of the vendor.

I'm so shocked and angry I could scream DarthVader2.gif

He also apparently will only allow me to post his product and use his images if given a positive review for his product.

I told him to go fuck himself and removed all links/info.

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Rimbaud
post Oct 8 2003, 10:01 PM
Post #2

L'Enfant Terrible

Group: Absinthe Mafia
Member No.: 17

You go, girl!

--------------------
“i'm tha motherflippin'!”
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
Zman
post Oct 8 2003, 10:03 PM
Post #3

Marc Bernhard

Member No.: 54

Yeah, fuck Logan Flls! Their so called "absinthe" is nothing short of swill. Asswipes.

--------------------
"To have a right to do a thing is not at all the same as to be right in doing it."
G.K. Chesterton

www.pacificdistillery.com
Makers of Voyager Single-Batch Distilled Gin and Pacifique Absinthe.
+Quote Post
Icarus
post Oct 8 2003, 11:51 PM
Post #4

Shut Up and Sit Down!!!

Member No.: 5

I support any decision you make.

Let this thread be the "review" for the Czech crap made by absinth.com.

They make their La bleue. It's not swiss, french, or even good. It's an overcooked nasty concoction that will only leave you feeling "la bleue".

Beer.gif The logan fils... here's my review from several months ago.

Thanks to smutty a few of us have been able to sample Logan Fils. Unfortunately my camera is on strike, so there'll be no pics from me.

First whiff reminds me of rectified brandy. There's some herbal notes as well.

The color is clear brown. Yeah, brown. Dead leaf, flat beer, definately not green...BROWN. There are no floaties, and it's very clear...still,... it's brown.

Watering it up brings out the meanest, brownest louche I've seen. I'm scared. It looks like old pipe water in a glass. Matt's confidence encourages me to keep going. As the herbal notes increase and I'm struck with a minty-camphor scent. As the water ratio reaches a bit over 4:1, I venture a sip.

Eucalyptus. I may not know how to spell it, but I sure know the taste. 

This drink hints of HG. There's the citrusy-herbal funk of wormwood and perhaps lemon balm. But it's overpowered by the upfront, and lingering eucalyptus/camphor. I'm reminded of a certain herbal toothpaste that hit the market last winter. If you've tasted that toothpaste, you've come pretty damn close to the flavor of Logan Fils.

Sorry Matt, I give this one the big "Bleh".

You can find the thread and further discussion here - http://www.louchelounge.com/index.php?act=ST&f=7&t=591

--------------------
Absinthe is the new Jager.
+Quote Post
Head_prosthesis
post Oct 9 2003, 12:35 AM
Post #5

The original "red headed sausage wrangler"

Group: Admin
Member No.: 8

Hmmmm? Rude... FREE advertising... Rude... FREE advertising.
Seems kinda strange.

It's not as though he had, lets say, sent you two full bottles of each of his products (one for tasting, one for photographing).

I mean come on. Who doesn't love FREE.
+Quote Post
thegreenimp
post Oct 9 2003, 12:37 AM
Post #6

Keeper Of The Imp

Member No.: 12

Logan Fils,......another name for Bus Station Bathroom in a bottle. ranting.gif

--------------------
Stalking foggy Herbsaint minutia for longer than I care to admit.

The History of Legendre Herbsaint
+Quote Post
Perruche_verte
post Oct 9 2003, 03:32 AM
Post #7

Gangan kwa kwa

Member No.: 37

You will, of course, make the best decision. But removing ALL info seems a bit much... if only because many people think his preposterously expensive absinthe is a bad buy for the money, and it's nice to warn people.

I hope that post I made in the Camargo thread about disgruntled vendors didn't give this asshole any ideas.

He can keep you from using his copyrighted image is he likes, but he can hardly keep you from reviewing his product, can he? Or am I missing something here?

Well, there was the whole "Petsmart" fiasco...

OK, never mind.

--------------------
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
+Quote Post
Nolamour
post Oct 9 2003, 03:37 AM
Post #8

Informed Imbiber

Member No.: 93

I like free.

Heck, send me a bottle or two...I'll photograph it...

next to my balls.

--------------------
"Shaken, Not Stirred!" {insert Martini Glass Here}
* Laissez Le Bon Temps Rouler!
+Quote Post
Balzdeep
post Oct 9 2003, 04:11 AM
Post #9

Absinthusiast

Group: Members
From: Neither here nor there...Neithernere? Nyethornare? Bill Nye looks like Thor after using Nair?
Member No.: 57

Photos of balz always ends up bad! Tombstone.gif

--------------------
If you can read this, you are sitting too close to your monitor.
+Quote Post
Donnie Darko
post Oct 9 2003, 02:54 PM
Post #10

Alethiometer

Member No.: 51

QUOTE (kallisti @ Oct 8 2003, 01:47 PM)
He also apparently will only allow me to post his product and use his images if given a positive review for his product.

In other words, he wants you to lie.
What a dick. All he'd have to do is change his recipe & process a bit and maybe we WOULD give it favourable reviews and people would buy his product. When several people who KNOW what good absinthe tastes like say his is NOT good, it follows he should conclude it needs to be changed.

Gerard Pernot & Liqueurs de France are perfectly civil gentlemen, the quality of their product speaks for itself, and they sell probably 10 times what Logan does. Why can't Petr the prick learn from other's example?
+Quote Post
Esmeralda
post Oct 28 2005, 08:08 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 1789

QUOTE (Perruche_verte @ Oct 8 2003, 08:32 PM)
You will, of course, make the best decision.  But removing ALL info seems a bit much… if only because many people think his preposterously expensive absinthe is a bad buy for the money, and it's nice to warn people.

I agree with this. I was one of the dupes who purchased a bottle of this crap a few years ago and it was my first absinthe purchase ever. As a result, it nearly turned me off of absinthe entirely. It wasn't until the Wired article last week sent me to this forum where I learned how horrible a product the Logan was and that not all absinthes were this terrible, thankfully.

So removing ALL references to seems extreme to me. The Logan references on this site (especially the user reviews) were especially helpful to me.

I can understand your reaction though, and removing all references that promote the product seems not entirely unreasonable, but I suggest that the Logan user reviews be kept. Otherwise I would have wandered through this world the rest of my days unaware that the Logan was not a good absinthe, and thinking that absinthe in general was a horrible, foul, headache-inducing drink.

I'd raise a glass to your integrity Kallisti, but I seem to be in need of a decent drink at the moment….

het.gif

--------------------
"Hell has no power over pagans." -Rimbaud
+Quote Post
Stroller
post Oct 28 2005, 05:01 PM
Post #12

Skulduggering cut-throatist

Member No.: 1747

And what does the logan website say

"Absinthe of superior quality. Very strong and probably the only genuine absinthe on the market. Distilled from carefully selected herbs and made from eau-de-vie, distilled from selected wine. An old alembic (absinthe) still heated by steam is used as well as the same amount of wormwood as in the 19th century legitimate Absinthe. NO artificial oils, colorants or sugar are added."

For 200 bucks!!!!!!!!!!

Damn funny! tongue.gif

After reading this thread, I wouldn't give them 2 cents for it.

--------------------
"I heard that they made a recent discovery of a new tomb, the likes of King Tut's. But I think I might put in a bid to buy it all for my private collection instead of letting the museums study it and display it for the enrichment of all." Shabba53
+Quote Post
Esmeralda
post Oct 28 2005, 08:45 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 1789

QUOTE (Stroller @ Oct 28 2005, 10:01 AM)
And what does the logan website say

"Absinthe of superior quality. Very strong and probably the only genuine absinthe on the market. Distilled from carefully selected herbs and made from eau-de-vie, distilled from selected wine. An old alembic (absinthe) still heated by steam is used as well as the same amount of wormwood as in the 19th century legitimate Absinthe. NO artificial oils, colorants or sugar are added."

For 200 bucks!!!!!!!!!!

Damn funny! tongue.gif

After reading this thread, I wouldn't give them 2 cents for it.

They lie! They lie!

2 parts turpentine, 1 part piss, add a licorice stick and shake vigorously.
You get something that looks like this:
user posted image

(Granted, this stuff is three years old. But I can't say it tastes any better. Maybe I should try setting it on fire….)

poop.gif

--------------------
"Hell has no power over pagans." -Rimbaud
+Quote Post
thegreenimp
post Oct 28 2005, 09:09 PM
Post #14

Keeper Of The Imp

Member No.: 12

I wouldn't the fumes are probably toxic.

--------------------
Stalking foggy Herbsaint minutia for longer than I care to admit.

The History of Legendre Herbsaint
+Quote Post
Stroller
post Oct 28 2005, 09:25 PM
Post #15

Skulduggering cut-throatist

Member No.: 1747

Testimonial from website -

"Hello, my name is Joe Ashton, I am the lead of the Band "Phono" in Salt Lake City. A while back I was ordering some absinthe from Petr, and I asked him if I could use an image of your Logan Fils absinthe bottle on the inside of my recently pressed CD cover. He told me I could as long as you have a copy of it. Well I am just e-mailing to let you know that a run of 3500 CD's was pressed with your bottle included on the J-card, I have had at least 50 or more people ask me where I get my absinthe, many people have been so impressed with it that they have gone hog wild…I have referred many of my fans to your site thanks to the use of that picture. "The album was inspired by, written, and produced heavily under the influence of your Logan Fils…"Oh and I will definitely be ordering another bottle of your Logan Fils today or tomorrow…it's worth every cent. Thank you, from the bottom and dark corners of my heart! Phono"

Imp, I didn't know you had a band? ohmy.gif

Esmeralda Posted on Oct 28 2005, 01:45 PM
2 parts turpentine, 1 part piss, add a licorice stick and shake vigorously.

Esmeralda, you had better be careful. They may get mad for revealing the secret recipe. nono.gif

--------------------
"I heard that they made a recent discovery of a new tomb, the likes of King Tut's. But I think I might put in a bid to buy it all for my private collection instead of letting the museums study it and display it for the enrichment of all." Shabba53
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd November 2014 - 02:00 PM