menu 2
menu 4
menu 6
menu 8
menu 10
menu 12

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A moment of peace, holiday wishes for forum members .
darkhorse
post Dec 24 2016, 09:07 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3213

I received in excellent condition my order from absenthes.com along with a note with the words peaceful voyage . Those words . peaceful voyage Reminded me of what my intention to do with what was in the package .
This actually used to be the Olney time I would consume alcohol this once a year.
I hate Christmas dinner with my family . I have one relative in particular that will talk non stop for the entire meal. Giving a monolog and any interruption of his monolog By any sort of noise . is met with angry verbal abuse to the offending party Who dared to interrupt him talking about himself . Example last Christmas I made the fatal error of asking another relative very quietly to please pass the salt . The response followed was the usual swift and loud verbal reprimand for daring to interrupt him . These where his words
" Don't you know your supposed to taste the food first before you put salt on it . remember Lucretia Borgia Lucretia Borgia .
but the words do not matter. The underlying meaning of the words are how dare you interrupt me by producing noise .

The ritual I have adopted every year. After having to suffer through this family hell .

Is when i get home I unplug everything . With the exception of the refrigerator . Turn all the lights in the house off . I pull out a bottle of absinthe or other herbal liquor I look out into the darkness at the gently falling snow and just sit quietly and enjoy my absinthe and enjoy the fact that for that one moment .I do not have any place I have to go to or anything else I have to do. I just take in the peace and quiet and enjoy my bottle alone . I hope that everyone who post on this board. Will be able to have the opportunity to enjoy Similar moments of peace ' silence and quiet reflection
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 07:56 PM