Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A newbie's report
Gertz
post Oct 16 2003, 10:57 AM
Post #1

Scandi Mobster

Group: Absinthe Mafia
Member No.: 134

OK, after some lurking I guess it's time to introduce myself properly.

I happen to live in a country - Denmark - where absinthe isn't (and, as far as I know, never was) banned. Like so many others, my first encounter was with some czech green-coloured jet fuel, brought home by somebody that had been in Prague.

The first time I actually enjoyed absinthe was in one of the many cafes in Copenhagen that serve it. It was a glass of ... Hapsburg. Enjoyed? Hapsburg? Well, yes, actually. It had this anis taste I knew so well from ouzo, and then this slight bitterness too, which seemed to me a very nice supplement to the anis taste. And then it was the most pleasant tipsyness i'd ever felt.

So, I had to get some information about the stuff. A search on the internet revealed dozens of web sites whith shitloads of thujone urban legends, and then there was this site ... full of what seemed to be REAL information, apparently written by people who actually knew something. Oh dear, I had to taste some of the better stuff.

It was just at that time that Pernod 68 was introduced here, so I got the chance to upgrade to the Decent Oil Mix Level. After that, I found it hard to enjoy Hapsburg any more.

Then my local booze dealer got the mighty fine idea to take home some spanish stuff - Lasala, Montana, Serpis and Segarra. Tried them all - Segarra as the last, since I suspected that it would be the best. It damn right was. But I still buy an occasional bottle of Lasala, since it is so much cheaper - the danish taxes on alcohol are outrageous, and a bottle of Segarra cost the equal of about 100 US dollars, while Lasala is half that price.

What next? Well, F. Guy and the Emiles seem to be obvious choices for my further education. They aren't available here, so I'll just have to try figure out how the danish tax authorities deal with booze ordered from other countries. One thing is for sure - they won't just let it pass through.

Or I might be able to convince the local dealer that he should take them home ...

--------------------
So it goes.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Brett
post Oct 16 2003, 12:35 PM
Post #2

Highland Absintheur

Group: Members
Member No.: 30

That pleasant tipsyness you felt from the Hapsburg was likely its chemical cocktail feasting away on your brain. You must remedy this situation by administering doses of something powerful, like Un Emile 68.

--------------------
"I can't sell Bjarne's paté, it tastes like jockstrap." - The Green Butchers
+Quote Post
Greenmeanie
post Oct 17 2003, 02:07 AM
Post #3

Elitist Bastard

Group: Members
Member No.: 36

Hey Gertz!

Wilkommen!! (or something like that) w00t1.gif

--------------------
Guns kill like absinthe made Lanfray murder his family!
+Quote Post
Rimbaud
post Oct 17 2003, 02:12 PM
Post #4

L'Enfant Terrible

Group: Absinthe Mafia
Member No.: 17

Willkommen,
Bienvenue,
Welcome!

To Fee Verte!
To Fee Verte!
To Fee Verte!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
"A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous. Got me?"
"That's right, The Mascara Snake. Fast and bulbous! Also, a tin teardrop!"
"Bulbous, also tapered."
+Quote Post
Kallisti
post Oct 17 2003, 10:27 PM
Post #5

Unregistered

Money makes zee vurld go round
zee vurld go round, zee vurld go round,
Money makes zee vurld go round
Of that we both are sure
On being poor

*boomp!*
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th July 2018 - 04:40 PM