Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> grune fee, a review of the quasi absinthe
azazelcain
post Jun 29 2004, 04:23 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 827

i am new to this site as well as being new to absinthe... but i have pertaken in the grune fee and was far from impressed.. in fact it almost turned me off of the entire absinthe scene.... it was worst than bitter and as far as the label says about added it to coke... lies.... Dr. Pepper couldn't chase down a shot of it.. even after the louche and sugar.... ::shivers:: not nearly pleasant at all... i think the only effects were nausea and a feeling of being vomitous.... it was not plaesant.... although i must admit that i halucinated quite a bit in my sleep.... and had woken up to find that my clothes had not been washed nor had my house been cleaned.. nor did i stumble over the non existing trash can i put next to my bed for the inevitable puking that would follow...... it was a bit confusing....
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Hiram
post Jun 29 2004, 04:29 AM
Post #2

Étouffeur de Perroquets

Group: Absinthe Mafia
Member No.: 249

Nothing like starting at the bottom and working your way up.

Welcome; and please do take the earliest opportunity to thoroughly read the FAQ.

Oh, and that hallucination thing: it's bullshit. The less said about it around here, the better off you'll be.

Cheers!

abs-cheers.gif

--------------------
"Fairy with sea green eyes and plum-colored coat, hair dressed with opals and emerald rings, your jealous sisters from villains your banishment secured, but none shall ever rise to your green throne, its velvet still preserving for our devotion the bilobate impression of your soft behind."
+Quote Post
Lord Stanley
post Jun 29 2004, 04:54 AM
Post #3

Vito Von Sawchuck

Member No.: 73

I think that I hallucinated in my sleep one night after eating some undercooked chicken wings. The Grune Fee could probably induce a similar sensation.

sick.gif

--------------------
Faith is believing what you know ain't so. - MT
+Quote Post
Perruche_verte
post Jun 29 2004, 05:28 AM
Post #4

Gangan kwa kwa

Group: Absinthe Mafia
Member No.: 37

I think a friend of ours (he's a member here but has never posted) still has a bottle of Gruene Fee which I left at his house after the Mid West Louche Fest. It was sent to me by mistake.

Yes, it's horrible, somewhat along the lines of drinking Scope mouthwash, which it may actually BE, for all I can tell. I even tried it with Coke. The Coke strives mightily to overcome the monster, but perishes in the end, like the dying Beowulf, even if you mix it around 8 to 1.

There was a tentative plan to ritually destroy it somehow at the next gathering, like pouring it onto a lit charcoal grille, but for all I know it lurks in his liquor cabinet even now.

--------------------
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
+Quote Post
morgueann
post Jun 29 2004, 06:13 AM
Post #5

NEVADA-TAN

Member No.: 769

...almost makes me feel guilty for beginning with Sebor. and... of course.. our good friend here WhyteKnight seems to have began with nothing short of BDF.. so CHEERS to him abs-cheers.gif You basically started with the commercial best, buddy.

--------------------
"I don't play with my friends." - Nevada
+Quote Post
morgueann
post Jun 29 2004, 06:15 AM
Post #6

NEVADA-TAN

QUOTE (Lord Stanley @ Jun 29 2004, 04:54 AM)
I think that I hallucinated in my sleep one night after eating some undercooked chicken wings. The Grune Fee could probably induce a similar sensation.

You didn't know that undercooked chicken wings contained that stuff that starts with a T???? Yeah, it's high in content. LARS!.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
WhyteKnight
post Jun 29 2004, 07:38 AM
Post #7

Monsieur Piedlourde

Member No.: 824

QUOTE (morgueann @ Jun 29 2004, 12:13 AM)
our good friend here WhyteKnight seems to have began with nothing short of BDF.. so CHEERS to him abs-cheers.gif You basically started with the commercial best, buddy.

Actually I was a tad impatient and ordered the VdF and one of the wee things of UELB about a week and a half before the BdF shipped (I'd read great things about LDF but was literally dumbfounded when the box came on day three). The BdF shall soon be mine though. Oh yes, it shall be mine. Cheers either way abs-cheers.gif
+Quote Post
verbal_kraze
post Jun 29 2004, 03:27 PM
Post #8

Filthy F@#king Swedish Pervert

Member No.: 415

Welcome azazelcain! Well you had one of the worst, now I suggest that you order the VdF & BdF combo from LdF to see what absinthE is really about abs-cheers.gif

--------------------
Bush eats Kittens I tell you......Kittens!!!
+Quote Post
azazelcain
post Jul 5 2004, 12:27 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 827

VdF & BdF from LdF? wacko.gif too many acronyms... granted i am former military.. but i'm trying to not speak that language.... i'm trying to get a sample set going of Orignal Absinthe, Une Emielle 68 , and La Fee.... that and a friend of mine makes her own.... any other suggestions? sleepy.gif
+Quote Post
le Gimp
post Jul 5 2004, 01:30 AM
Post #10

Unregistered

Please read the FAQ and the intro page.

Discussion of sources other than Commercial is a Verbotten subject here. For reasons why, please spend a while reading the archives.

VDF - Vert de Fougerolles
BDF - Blanche de Fougerolles
LDF - Liquores de France, Absinthe on Line / LDF

Thank you very much, please to be assisting you. Would you like fries with that?
+Quote Post
morgueann
post Jul 5 2004, 05:59 AM
Post #11

NEVADA-TAN

and STFU = Silly ToFu Underwear

doctor-o.jpg

abs-cheers.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th January 2018 - 12:57 AM