menu 4
menu 6
menu 8
menu 10
menu 12

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

109 Pages V « < 105 106 107 108 109 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Newly Rated Absinthes, Post Absinthe's Not Yet Rated Here! (otherwise, post in approp
G&C
post Apr 1 2013, 09:49 PM
Post #1591

Still Master

Group: Absinthe Mafia
Member No.: 282

Sure.
Just don't get pissed when I say that is gay.

--------------------
"If I knew I was going to live this long I'da taken better care of myself." - Kirk

No threat is Friendly.

Just drink it or sink it.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Artemis
post Apr 1 2013, 11:30 PM
Post #1592

Master of Oblivion

Group: Ragin' Cajun
Member No.: 2

IPB Image

--------------------
Il arrive souvent que les personnes couvertes d’esprit enflamme courent en appelant du secours.
+Quote Post
Kirk
post Apr 1 2013, 11:45 PM
Post #1593

tool making biped

Member No.: 193

What a bunch of fags.

--------------------
+Quote Post
L'Assommoir
post Apr 1 2013, 11:51 PM
Post #1594

Absinthusiast

Group: Members
Member No.: 4078

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Kirk
post Apr 2 2013, 12:01 AM
Post #1595

tool making biped

Member No.: 193

Absinthe doesn't make you gay, your gay if you drink it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
sbmac
post Apr 2 2013, 12:04 AM
Post #1596

Absinthusiast

Member No.: 3876

That's what some say about tea.

tea
+Quote Post
Greytail
post Apr 2 2013, 12:07 AM
Post #1597

Informed Imbiber

Member No.: 587

That's queer.

--------------------
RoseBud....rosebud
+Quote Post
G&C
post Apr 2 2013, 12:26 AM
Post #1598

Still Master

Member No.: 282

I got my mouth slapped as a kid for using that word.

I was talking to my step dad about Jack & the Beanstalk. I said "The queer old man that sold the beans to Jack for the cow."

Wham!
Back handed across the mouth.

But then, he always was an asshat.

--------------------
"If I knew I was going to live this long I'da taken better care of myself." - Kirk

No threat is Friendly.

Just drink it or sink it.
+Quote Post
Tibro
post Apr 2 2013, 06:32 AM
Post #1599

Vaginafly trap

Member No.: 2953

???

IPB Image

Oh, shoot.

--------------------
When I wake up,
I try to convince myself that my arm
isn't there --
to retain my sanity.

Then I try to convince myself that it is.

Frank Bidart
+Quote Post
darkend_163
post Sep 30 2014, 05:00 PM
Post #1600

Novitiate

Member No.: 4141

AKVELD'S ARTISANALE VERTE

Country of Origin: Netherlands
Type: Distilled
Alcohol Level: 68 %
Vendors: ♣ Absinthes.com
Description: From the manufacturer's website - http://www.akvelds.nl: Traditionally distilled, hand-crafted absinthe from The Netherlands
akveld's artisanale absinthe is distilled in time-honoured fashion, using only natural ingredients. The small-scale distillery is situated in the lush valley region in the south east of The Netherlands known as Betuwe, bordering a water-collection area. Both versions of akveld's artisanale absinthe, i.e. blanche (clear white) and verte (green) are based on classic French and Swiss recipes. In addition to the 'holy trinity' of wormwood, fennel and aniseed, they contain numerous herbs, seeds and roots which create their unique character. Some of these plants are grown by the distiller himself. All ingredients are mixed into a so-called maceration, which is steeped in 96% pure alcohol. Once they have released their flavours, the potion is distilled in a gas-fired copper kettle, the alembic. The blanche then only needs to rest for a period of time before it is diluted to the right percentage alcohol and bottled. The verte still needs to be coloured, for which Akveld, unlike most other producers, uses purely vegetable substances, including chlorophyll from Roman wormwood. Since leaf green is sensitive to light, the verte is offered in a dark bottle. To ensure full enjoyment of the extracted flavours, akveld's artisinale absinthe is not filtrated. As a consequence, some sediment may form at the bottom.
Contain: Wormwood, anise, fennel, angelica root, coriander, roman mayweed (chamomile), mint, mandarin peel, star anise, fenugreek seeds, roman wormwood, hyssop, lemon balm…

Reviewed by darkend_163 9/30/2014

COLOR BEFORE WATER 8/10
Deep and rich Golden-olive, could be greener.

LOUCHE ACTION 8/10
Louche is good, but not special and not so thick.

COLOR AFTER WATER 8/10
It becomes greener after louche. With ratio more than 1:4 it is not opaque enough.

AROMA 23/30
There comes very intriguing, complex, unique and sweet aroma out of the bottle, but in the glass and especially after louche some disturbing harsh earthy note appears.

MOUTH-FEEL 7/10
Bitter due to specific ingredients. Aftertaste is good.

TASTE 13/20
Balance is not very good, the unusual herbs are too strong and disturbing. I really wanted to determine the botanical which brings those notes. On the official site it looks like almost all ingredients are mentioned. I examined them all and even bought a fenugreek seeds. It is still hard to say definitely but I suppose that because of a fenugreek or a huge amount of fennel this harshly bitterness is there. There is also not much anise.

OVERALL IMPRESSION 7/10
It is good quality, complex, interesting and also very specific absinthe. It would be better if these unusual herbs would be more on the background not bringing bitterness in front. This one could be very nice for strong sensations adding less water and some sugar.

PERSONAL NOTES
Bottled 16.09.2012, tasted 2013-2014. I have read several reviews about Helfrich Verte 68, they both seems very same.

darkend_163 scores AKVELD'S ARTISANALE VERTE 74 out of 100

IPB Image
+Quote Post
darkend_163
post Sep 30 2014, 05:08 PM
Post #1601

Novitiate

RAISONNÉE VERTE

Country of Origin: France
Type: Distilled
Alcohol Level: 65 %
Vendors: ♣ Absinthes.com
Description: According to Absinthes.com: Absinthe Raisonnée is an exploration of what absinthe from the earlier 19th century might have been like.
It is based on the premise that petite absinthe 'small wormwood' in earlier absinthe recipes didn't refer to the Roman wormwood, or artemisia pontica, but to the alpine plant génépi, used in the famous liqueur.
The grand wormwood and génepi in this absinthe are accompanied by some rare species of artemisia, or wormwood, found growing at 2000 metres of altitude and above - that's 6,500 feet! These plants have been painstakingly tracked down and harvested especially for Absinthe Raisonnée.

Reviewed by darkend_163 9/30/2014

COLOR BEFORE WATER 8/10
Golden-yellow, towards dead-leaf maybe because of a transparent bottle or genepi plant used in coloration step.

LOUCHE ACTION 9/10
The louche is very pleasant to look at, slow forming.

COLOR AFTER WATER 8/10
Milky golden-grey with great color tones. Could be greener.

AROMA 24/30
Very fresh and floral aroma. Complex enough. A good dose of anise and fennel.

MOUTH-FEEL 8/10
Pleasant mouth-feel and aftertaste.

TASTE 16/20
Very powerful absinthe which requires higher ratio. Green anise, fennel and wormwood in perfect balance and harmony with wonderful notes of genepi and other plants. Very delightful taste.

OVERALL IMPRESSION 8/10
Very nice and good crafted absinthe with unusual genepi notes, worth a try. When I drink it I feel myself on the fields surrounded by fresh herbal aromas. This one is not for mysterious evenings but to enjoy it outside in a cafeteria terrace or in the own garden in the sunny summer day.

PERSONAL NOTES
Bottled 10.10.2011, Lot Nr. 4, tasted 2013-2014. It has nice appearance. Old fashioned transparent bottle corked and waxed, wrapped with brown paper containing Egrot’s system alembic sketch. Labels printed on usual paper on which the date of bottling is written by distiller’s hand.

darkend_163 scores RAISONNÉE VERTE 81 out of 100

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Artemis
post Sep 30 2014, 05:31 PM
Post #1602

Master of Oblivion

towards dead-leaf maybe because of a transparent bottle or genepi plant used in coloration step

I don't think "towards dead-leaf" is due to genepi - I think the green (when it's very green) comes almost entirely from hyssop. A yellowish tone may be due to less hyssop, or the absence of hyssop, but genepi, I don't think lends much green - it's not a sufficiently green plant, and there's not enough of it used to lend a strong enough green to go towards dead leaf. If you mean that the color is "towards" dead leaf in the sense of being closer to yellow than it is to green on a color chart, then okay, but your statement was not the best choice of words because it introduces color change from green to yellow "because of ... genepi" as a possibility.
It is based on the premise that petite absinthe 'small wormwood' in earlier absinthe recipes didn't refer to the Roman wormwood, or artemisia pontica, but to the alpine plant génépi

It's an interesting premise. I seem to remember that Boggy had much to say in promotion of it. I'm not convinced, but it would seem to be possible.

--------------------
Il arrive souvent que les personnes couvertes d’esprit enflamme courent en appelant du secours.
+Quote Post
Tibro
post Sep 30 2014, 07:42 PM
Post #1603

Vaginafly trap

Member No.: 2953

There's no Hellbitch like the original Hellbitch™.

--------------------
When I wake up,
I try to convince myself that my arm
isn't there --
to retain my sanity.

Then I try to convince myself that it is.

Frank Bidart
+Quote Post
darkend_163
post Sep 30 2014, 09:40 PM
Post #1604

Novitiate

I don't think the color is due to genepi - I think the green (when it's very green) comes almost entirely from hyssop. It might be due to less hyssop, but genepi, I don't think lends much green - it's not green enough and there's not enough used to lend a strong green.

I believe that genepi gives more straw like color almost the same as pontica. I didn't meant that genepi was used alone in coloration step, but has affected the color to more yellowish. By the way hyssop and lemon balm were not evident there.
+Quote Post
Artemis
post Sep 30 2014, 10:11 PM
Post #1605

Master of Oblivion

What I meant was that if it's dead leaf, it was originally green. So, dead leaf (a change towards yellow through degradation of chlorophyll) is not due to genepi. A yellowish color from the start, yes, maybe due to genepi. I have edited my post to clarify what I was trying to say.
To put it differently, yellow is just yellow.
Dead leaf is a variety of shades, including yellow, all of which started out as green.
The two are not the same thing.
I understand now what you meant.
Good reviews.

--------------------
+Quote Post

109 Pages V « < 105 106 107 108 109 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2018 - 03:34 PM