menu 4
menu 6
menu 8
menu 10
menu 12

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

109 Pages V « < 106 107 108 109 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Newly Rated Absinthes, Post Absinthe's Not Yet Rated Here! (otherwise, post in approp
Jack Batemaster
post Sep 30 2014, 11:00 PM
Post #1606

Le maistre d'appastate

Group: Absinthe Mafia
Member No.: 127

Mais est-ce que c'est le bateau ?

IPB Image

--------------------

Mon but est simplement d'obtenir Ricard hors de l'absinthe, juste lęchez le reste d'entre eux …
Mon but est simplement d'obtenir Ricard hors de l'absinthe, juste lęchez le reste d'entre eux …
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jack Batemaster
post Sep 30 2014, 11:32 PM
Post #1607

Le maistre d'appastate

Member No.: 127

Parlant du bateau:

http://www.tatoo-shoes.com/review/product/…68/category/10/

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tibro
post Oct 1 2014, 06:36 AM
Post #1608

Vaginafly trap

Member No.: 2953

Chouette.

IPB Image

--------------------
When I wake up,
I try to convince myself that my arm
isn't there --
to retain my sanity.

Then I try to convince myself that it is.

Frank Bidart
+Quote Post
darkend_163
post Oct 1 2014, 10:39 AM
Post #1609

Novitiate

Group: Members
Member No.: 4141

I don't think "towards dead-leaf" is due to genepi - I think the green (when it's very green) comes almost entirely from hyssop. A yellowish tone may be due to less hyssop, or the absence of hyssop, but genepi, I don't think lends much green - it's not a sufficiently green plant, and there's not enough of it used to lend a strong enough green to go towards dead leaf. If you mean that the color is "towards" dead leaf in the sense of being closer to yellow than it is to green on a color chart, then okay, but your statement was not the best choice of words because it introduces color change from green to yellow "because of … genepi" as a possibility.

Thanks Artemis! The sentence was really not the best one. =) I would like to change it to:

COLOR BEFORE WATER 8/10
Golden-yellow, probably because of genepi as a main plant used in coloration step or maybe the color was originally greener, but due to transparent bottle has changed a little.
+Quote Post
Artemis
post Oct 1 2014, 01:26 PM
Post #1610

Master of Oblivion

Group: Ragin' Cajun
Member No.: 2

I would change it for you, but unfortunately I've forgotten how to log in as head review master.
Hartsmar may be along in a year or so; maybe he remembers.

--------------------
Il arrive souvent que les personnes couvertes d’esprit enflamme courent en appelant du secours.
+Quote Post
Bruno Rygseck
post Nov 2 2014, 10:54 PM
Post #1611

Alberga Schutzkorps

Member No.: 1939

Good reviews, integrated or not. Here's my input:

Kübler Verte Suisse 2013

From the label (in all capital letters):

Kübler Verte Suisse is a superior Swiss style vintage absinthe, distilled in its Val-de-Travers birthplace since 1875. Its [sic] a distillate of wormwood with sumptuous herbs. Its recognisable colour is the natural result of the infusion of aromatic plants at the moment of distillation. In time, it takes on an autumnal hew without any deterioration in quality. Its [sic] offers the experience of a genuine Belle Époque absinthe with its delicate tint and subtle bitterness. KÜBLER VERTE SUISSE can be enjoyed as an appetizer traditionally mixing 1:5 with ice-cold water, or as liqueur [sic] pure with ice.

Reviewed by Bruno Rygseck 11/3/2014

COLOR BEFORE WATER 8/10
Feuille morte or cognac, beautiful and deep, with brilliance. No haze, sediment, or faults of the like.

LOUCHE ACTION 6/10
Thin, but happens eventually. Slow louching with a dripper could produce better results than pouring from a carafe.

COLOR AFTER WATER 6/10
Light yellow, greenish, transparent at 1:4 water ratio.

AROMA 9/30
Before water it emits just a little chocolate/hyssop-like aroma. After water, weak flowery aroma near the surface but far from being room-filling.

MOUTH-FEEL 5/10
Oily, no such texture that I have learned to expect from vertes. Nothing bad though, just disappointing.

TASTE 10/20
Slightly sweet, maybe a hint of badiane sweetness that I would describe "plastic-like".

OVERALL IMPRESSION 6/10
Overall impression barely rises to 6. Disappointing in olfactory qualities although very good looking before water. The missing wormwood aroma and the "short" taste at the normal dilution ratio (around 1:4, this is 72% ABV) take away most of the points.

PERSONAL NOTES
This is bottle 2867/3500 according to the back label.

Bruno Rygseck scores Kübler Verte Suisse 2013 50 out of 100

--------------------
Pĺ detta dricka vi ĺtskilliga glas portvin.
+Quote Post
darkend_163
post Nov 9 2014, 10:08 PM
Post #1612

Novitiate

I have expected that Kübler will make amazing verte, but it seems I should erase it from my wish-list. Thanks for review!
+Quote Post
OCvertDe
post Nov 9 2014, 10:55 PM
Post #1613

All I got is wooden tokens

Member No.: 3208

Out of curiousity, what would have led you to expect that?

--------------------
"Hmmm, someone rated Zima higher than Sam Adams? Well, they both blow, so who gives a rat's ass?" -bob_chong
"Clear things up? Most likely not, but we likes things cloudy around here…" -Petermark
"I can't drink at work. We have no ice." -Selmac
"…but it sure would've been a blast to be there on that night." -Absomphe
"here is what absinthe almost tastes like" -Kirk
+Quote Post
darkend_163
post Nov 10 2014, 01:31 AM
Post #1614

Novitiate

Since Kübler 53 was pretty highly rated I believed that verte version will be as good or even better. =)
+Quote Post
OCvertDe
post Nov 10 2014, 02:07 AM
Post #1615

All I got is wooden tokens

Member No.: 3208

If you got that impression here, then you're looking at our BG with too much optimism. A 75 point average is only barely drinkable to some of the membership, and completely avoided by the rest. Not to mention, most of those reviews were from a time when there wasn't nearly so much drinkable product to compare it to… I think those reviewers would be even harsher if they revisited it today. I know I would, and I only gave it a 59 back then.

--------------------
"Hmmm, someone rated Zima higher than Sam Adams? Well, they both blow, so who gives a rat's ass?" -bob_chong
"Clear things up? Most likely not, but we likes things cloudy around here…" -Petermark
"I can't drink at work. We have no ice." -Selmac
"…but it sure would've been a blast to be there on that night." -Absomphe
"here is what absinthe almost tastes like" -Kirk
+Quote Post
darkend_163
post Nov 11 2014, 12:46 AM
Post #1616

Novitiate

Maybe..
One of my favorite reviewer gave Kübler 53 about 80 (among with Blanchette, Duplais blanche and La Clandestine). Bruno Rygseck gave 75 scores and for verte only 50, huge difference of 25 points. Anyway I need to buy and try both versions to be sure, however I am still curious about blache and doubt verte.
+Quote Post
Tibro
post Nov 11 2014, 06:43 AM
Post #1617

Vaginafly trap

Member No.: 2953

Curiosity is a good thing. Forming one's own opinions is a good thing. Throwing away money on a poorly made product…

And yes, I mean poorly made. Which is a worse indictment than a poorly formulated herb bill.

But that's just my opinion.

--------------------
When I wake up,
I try to convince myself that my arm
isn't there --
to retain my sanity.

Then I try to convince myself that it is.

Frank Bidart
+Quote Post
Kirk
post Nov 11 2014, 02:11 PM
Post #1618

tool making biped

Member No.: 193

I never understood how an undrinkable "absinthe" could score anything like what I've seen. When I try some of it I feel like they owe me points. You see 85 and 90 that is not worth the glass bottle they put it in.

--------------------
+Quote Post
sbmac
post Nov 11 2014, 09:59 PM
Post #1619

Absinthusiast

Member No.: 3876

Personally, I prefer absinthe with personality, that is correctly made. I'm fine with tails in a coin toss, but paying for them in a bottle is annoying.
+Quote Post
Artemis
post Nov 11 2014, 10:30 PM
Post #1620

Master of Oblivion

Group: Ragin' Cajun
Member No.: 2

I never understood how an undrinkable "absinthe" could score anything like what I've seen. When I try some of it I feel like they owe me points. You see 85 and 90 that is not worth the glass bottle they put it in.

Even from a reviewer whose opinion you respect?
I mean, are you saying there are a lot of high scores due to reviewers who don't know what they're talking about, or don't like what you like?
Or is it that the numbers got in the way of the truth somehow, and I think that's possible for sure.
I was happy to replace the scoring system with drink it or sink it, and make a few comments as to why - hopefully well-informed and accurate comments. I appreciated it when others did the same.
I always valued the comments from knowledgeable and insightful people more than the numbers anyway - even with a 90, there would likely be something said that would tell me the stuff was not for me.

--------------------
Il arrive souvent que les personnes couvertes d’esprit enflamme courent en appelant du secours.
+Quote Post

109 Pages V « < 106 107 108 109 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2018 - 06:23 PM