menu 4
menu 6
menu 8
menu 10
menu 12

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

109 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Newly Rated Absinthes, Post Absinthe's Not Yet Rated Here! (otherwise, post in approp
Oxygenee
post May 10 2005, 10:02 AM
Post #31

Pre-ban minutiae guy

Group: Admin
Member No.: 41

Why can't you edit it anymore?

--------------------
...et c’est l’absinthe enfin, la grande absinthe ou la petite, parure chaste des montagnes et des rivages marins, fille des grand vents purs, blé des espaces vierges, emblème de la liberté farouche.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Giorgos
post May 10 2005, 10:06 AM
Post #32

Novitiate

Group: Members
Member No.: 1526

There is no edit button for me on that post. It seems I can only edit very recent posts.
+Quote Post
Oxygenee
post May 10 2005, 11:28 AM
Post #33

Pre-ban minutiae guy

Group: Admin
Member No.: 41

I've increased the standard permissions to allow anyone to edit their posts within the first 24 hours.

Giorgos: I'm not sure if this will work retrospectively on your existing post. If not, please copy and paste it into a new post, and make the necessary edits.

A general point: Artemis is a senior member here, the editor of the Buyers Guide, and a moderator of this section of the Forum. What he isn't, is a general secretary to members who want to have their reviews included in the guide, but don't want to be bothered with the details of formatting them correctly. It's discourteous to expect Artemis to do this on your behalf - the existing examples are straightforward to follow, and require familiarity with only the most basic Forum editing controls. So please submit your reviews correctly formatted in the first place, using exactly the standard headings.

Failure to do this may result in Artemis having to take you on a trip to the woodshed. No one is ever quite the same afterwards.

--------------------
...et c’est l’absinthe enfin, la grande absinthe ou la petite, parure chaste des montagnes et des rivages marins, fille des grand vents purs, blé des espaces vierges, emblème de la liberté farouche.
+Quote Post
Giorgos
post May 10 2005, 02:43 PM
Post #34

Novitiate

Group: Members
Member No.: 1526

Made the corrections. absintheglass-glow2.gif
+Quote Post
The Standard Deviant
post May 10 2005, 04:24 PM
Post #35

C'est lager, et ce n'est pas magnifique.

Group: Absinthe Mafia
Member No.: 1500

Wormwood shed? Sounds like an experience.

--------------------
Drink your greens.
+Quote Post
Jack Batemaster
post May 10 2005, 04:58 PM
Post #36

Le maistre d'appastate

Member No.: 127

Colour before water - 8/10

Clear with a light yellowish tint; looks natural.

An 8??? Your description itself describes a major mistake or bad shortcut.

--------------------

Mon but est simplement d'obtenir Ricard hors de l'absinthe, juste lêchez le reste d'entre eux …
Mon but est simplement d'obtenir Ricard hors de l'absinthe, juste lêchez le reste d'entre eux …
+Quote Post
The Standard Deviant
post May 10 2005, 05:17 PM
Post #37

C'est lager, et ce n'est pas magnifique.

Member No.: 1500

Natural like urine.

--------------------
Drink your greens.
+Quote Post
Artemis
post May 11 2005, 02:12 PM
Post #38

Master of Oblivion

Group: Ragin' Cajun
Member No.: 2

There's nothing in my woodshed but oak, pine and mimosa. I use it to power my stream-driven modem.

Another thing about the reviews - I maintain a spreadsheet that doesn't, for technical reasons, exactly match the format of the forum - so I have to work on every review post at least twice. The more a post looks like the standard, the less I have to work on it for the html version. I have to work on it in any case for the spreadsheet. I agreed to do it, I don't mind, but the easier it is for me, the more wood can stay in the shed for next winter.

--------------------
Il arrive souvent que les personnes couvertes d’esprit enflamme courent en appelant du secours.
+Quote Post
D. Gray
post May 11 2005, 07:24 PM
Post #39

Unregistered

QUOTE (Jack Batemaster @ May 10 2005, 07:58 PM)
Colour before water - 8/10

Clear with a light yellowish tint; looks natural.

An 8??? Your description itself describes a major mistake or bad shortcut.

As that snippet seems to have come from my review I feel I must respond.

I find it hard to review a blanche on colour simply because there's not much of it. I do not have any knowledge on production on absinthe, so I would not know if the slight tint tells of a 'major mistake or bad shortcut'. I gave it an 8 as it is clear, has no floaties, does not look artificial and generally looks good. There is the yellowish tint but that is not significant and I have not found the tint offensive enough to penalise the absinthe by more than 2 points.

If I am seriously mistaken, please feel free to have a look at the colour yourself and tell me what rating you would have given it.

I await your judgment.
abs-cheers.gif
+Quote Post
Gertz
post May 11 2005, 08:00 PM
Post #40

Scandi Mobster

Member No.: 134

UE 45 isn't supposed to be a blanche.

But then again, I don't see much point in judging the colour from any knowledge of shortcuts or mistakes in production. I am a huge Segarra 45 fan, and according to some, there are some serious "flaws" in its production that might be responsible for its colour. But as long as the result tastes good, I don't care if they burn it, don't cut the tails properly, throw in AA or piss in it.

--------------------
So it goes.
+Quote Post
Artemis
post May 11 2005, 08:32 PM
Post #41

Master of Oblivion

Possibly what Jack meant is that if it was obviously intended to be green, and isn't, the color is flawed. There's no way an absinthe that should have been green but turns out pale yellow merits 8 of 10. If they intended it to be pale yellow, then it may not be faulted for a flawed process, but it may be faulted for, well, being pale yellow.

If a blanche is yellow, something is wrong.

If a verte is yellow (and not due to aging), something is wrong.

I don't really remember what UE 45 was like, so I'm not really commenting about that product in particular, but I think it was much paler than I would expect to see a verte absinthe.

I retract what I said about UE 45 - I've never had it. I confused it with something else.

This post has been edited by Artemis: May 14 2005, 04:37 PM

--------------------
Il arrive souvent que les personnes couvertes d’esprit enflamme courent en appelant du secours.
+Quote Post
D. Gray
post May 11 2005, 09:57 PM
Post #42

Unregistered

QUOTE (Gertz @ May 11 2005, 11:00 PM)
UE 45 isn't supposed to be a blanche.

(...)

This would appear to be the problem then.
I assumed the UE 45 was a blanche due to the colour and its alcohol content. frusty.gif

In the light of this new info and my very newbish mistake I would have given it a different rating altogether; something along the lines of 3.

I will try to edit it, but I fear that it is too late. Shall I repost the review in its entirety?
+Quote Post
Artemis
post May 12 2005, 03:24 AM
Post #43

Master of Oblivion

I'll edit it, with your permission.

If it doesn't happen soon, remind me about it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
D. Gray
post May 13 2005, 03:42 AM
Post #44

Unregistered

I will. Thank you.
+Quote Post
Artemis
post May 27 2005, 11:14 PM
Post #45

Master of Oblivion

It's not possible for it to come out of the still green. All green absinthe comes out of the distillery green if they mean comes out of the shipping dock that way.

--------------------
+Quote Post

109 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2017 - 05:28 AM