Reply to this topicStart new topic
> General Review Discussion
Oxygenee
post Apr 23 2005, 07:35 PM
Post #1

Pre-ban minutiae guy

Group: Admin
Member No.: 41

General discussions on reviews and reviewing go here.

--------------------
...et c’est l’absinthe enfin, la grande absinthe ou la petite, parure chaste des montagnes et des rivages marins, fille des grand vents purs, blé des espaces vierges, emblème de la liberté farouche.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Gertz
post May 16 2005, 12:57 PM
Post #2

Scandi Mobster

Group: Absinthe Mafia
Member No.: 134

Oxy wrote in the vintage Pernod Fils thread:

Don't revise your scores. Your reviews were excellent. The point of a review is to give a snapshot of how you experienced the absinthe at a particular time. If others disagree with you, let them post their own reviews. Over time, the composite average score will reflect a consensus, but the individual reviews will remain just that: one person's opinion. Yours is as valid as the next man.

I think it might be interesting for the same person to do more than one scoresheet of the same absinthe over time. The learning curve, second thoughts, excitement over a novelty (VdF, anyone?) can have quite some influence on how a specific drink is experienced.

--------------------
So it goes.
+Quote Post
Wild Bill Turkey
post Oct 3 2005, 10:59 PM
Post #3

Honorary Union Thug

Member No.: 1740

Hope this is the right place for this posting.
I've been doing a search for some reviews of the Jade Verte Suisse 65, in it's final form. It seems like the reviews in the buyer's guide are all for the distiller's proof, and they all seem to describe it as the pale shadow of the Eduoard.
The Eduoard and the Nouvelle have such different tastes, each appeals to different moods. But I have no idea what the personality of the Verte Suisse is like.
The threads I could find about it also seem to mostly lead up to it's final release, and label design. Nobody seems to talk about it much…

So, either I'm asking for help finding where the later reviews are posted, or I'm asking some of the forum longtimers to do updated reviews of this absinthe in its production release. fleur.gif
+Quote Post
Absomphe
post Oct 4 2005, 01:19 PM
Post #4

Cozy Nostril Originale

Member No.: 66

The V.S. is more of an anise bomb, at least to my palate, than the Edouard, which I found to be more rounded in flavor. That's not to say that other flavors aren't discernible in the V.S., they're just more relegated to the background.

There's also a kind of mustiness to the V.S. (some have described it as a funkiness) that is less apparent in the Edouard. What surprised me was that the Edouard had a fuller, more creamy body than the V.S. despite being less top-heavy in anise.

The Edouard tends to age better than the Verte Suisse, or at least that's been my experience.

--------------------
I've scrubbed my sigs with Oxy Clean™.
+Quote Post
Gertz
post Oct 4 2005, 06:20 PM
Post #5

Scandi Mobster

Member No.: 134

The first release of VS was, and still is, my favourite commercial absinthe.

I haven't bought the final version yet, but I had a taste of it, and it seems to live up to anything I'd expect. It has an edge to it, unlike the smoother Edouard, and I would definitely keep them both around, but the VS is the one that, if it comes to an end, pleases my palate the most.

--------------------
So it goes.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th July 2018 - 09:49 PM