Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Liqueurs de France, Jade etc
Oxygenee
post Aug 30 2005, 01:01 PM
Post #1

Pre-ban minutiae guy

Group: Admin
Member No.: 41

I'm concerned at the casual denigration of Liqueurs de France and some of their products that seems to have become de rigeur amongst a small but vociferous clique here on the forum. As the siteowner, I think I should set out clearly where I stand.

1. No other single company has done more than LDF to make high quality commercial absinthe widely available.

2. LDF's marketing is, across the board, far more open and honest than many of their competitors. They also periodically share commercially sensitive pre-release information with us here on the board, in a way that almost all other competitor companies do not. As you'd expect in any fast moving commercial environment, very occasionally this information turns out to be incomplete or wrong.

3. The three people behind Jade and LDF - Ted, Ian and Peter - are, as anyone who knows them personally will vouch, men of integrity with a passion for quality absinthe. Casual allegations to the contrary are insulting and potentially libellous, and will not be tolerated here unless supported by clear and convincing evidence.

3. The Jade product line is a genuine and praiseworthy attempt to produce, without any corner-cutting, high quality commercial absinthe in the style of the Grande Marques of the pre-ban era. How close they come to achieving this goal is a matter of debate, but they are, at the moment, undoubtedly amongst the benchmark commercial products.

4. Many more experienced members here have had the opportunity to taste artisanal non-commercial absinthes. Some of these are very good indeed, but none of the makers have demonstrated the ability to ramp up their production to commercial levels while maintaining the same quality level.

5. Comparisons between Jade and essentially unobtainable non-commercial absinthes are entirely meaningless in a public forum like this, and what's more boring as all hell to read for the 99% of members who have no way of obtaining HG. Please don't post them.

6. The Buyers Guide is the correct venue for product reviews. If you've a serious or strongly held view on Jade (or any other product for that matter), post a review for inclusion there. All good-faith reviews that follow the Buyers Guide review template will be included. If you choose not to post formal reviews, don't be surprised if casual sniping from the sidelines is construed as ego-gratification on your part, not as a serious attempt to join in the debate.

--------------------
...et c’est l’absinthe enfin, la grande absinthe ou la petite, parure chaste des montagnes et des rivages marins, fille des grand vents purs, blé des espaces vierges, emblème de la liberté farouche.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Greytail
post Aug 30 2005, 02:07 PM
Post #2

Informed Imbiber

Group: Members
Member No.: 587

I concur. Having tasted a Jade product and recieving excellent service thus far from LDF, I agree with you. Ted was very kind in dialoguing with me concerning the VS. I did a quick comparison as I am sure all here have done as well. LDF offers the best shipping rate for a single bottle and it is guaranteed. I have not found a vendor to compete with that yet. abs-cheers.gif

--------------------
RoseBud....rosebud
+Quote Post
Kirk
post Aug 30 2005, 03:01 PM
Post #3

tool making biped

Group: Absinthe Mafia
Member No.: 193

You all know how I feel,
Ted and Peter pitched in and bought me a new
Porche, so I love those guys.
Plus they don't even flinch when I kick them in the balls,
so that's a plus.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kirk
post Aug 30 2005, 03:03 PM
Post #4

tool making biped

Member No.: 193

They have always dealt fairly with me,
and I'm easy as hell to take advantage of,
I'm not sure why they never did,
bastards.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Icarus
post Aug 30 2005, 03:55 PM
Post #5

Shut Up and Sit Down!!!

Member No.: 5

You forgot the "S" kirky baby.

As for LDF. I've repeatedly stated my opinion and it follows along the same lines as Oxy.

I've been in this arena for a few years and have seen many vendors spring up. The majority are in it to make a buck. A few are there to spread the absinthe experience (and make a buck). Even fewer are the Vendors that genuinely care about what they're selling vs. what's trendy.
At the top of the list is LDF. NO ONE has done more for improving current commercial absinthe than LDF.

There's no reason to kiss their ass, but for crissakes some of you need to stop being such cunts.

--------------------
Absinthe is the new Jager.
+Quote Post
Greytail
post Aug 30 2005, 04:00 PM
Post #6

Informed Imbiber

There's no reason to kiss their ass, but for crissakes some of you need to stop being such cunts.

If LDF got my order placed today to my doorstop tomorrow I might consider kissing thier arse.

--------------------
RoseBud....rosebud
+Quote Post
Icarus
post Aug 30 2005, 04:05 PM
Post #7

Shut Up and Sit Down!!!

Member No.: 5

Good thing you quoted the POST RIGHT ABOVE YOURS! wacko.gif

--------------------
Absinthe is the new Jager.
+Quote Post
Greytail
post Aug 30 2005, 04:27 PM
Post #8

Informed Imbiber

There ya are. evill.gif

--------------------
RoseBud....rosebud
+Quote Post
Absomphe
post Aug 30 2005, 04:29 PM
Post #9

Cozy Nostril Originale

Member No.: 66

QUOTE (Greytail @ Aug 30 2005, 10:00 AM)

If LDF got my order placed today to my doorstop tomorrow I might consider kissing thier arse.

I've gotten mine in as little as two days after placing my order.

If you receive the same service, I think you might consider kissing some arse...

One day would merit a blowjob.

--------------------
I've scrubbed my sigs with Oxy Clean™.
+Quote Post
Greytail
post Aug 30 2005, 04:32 PM
Post #10

Informed Imbiber

Time will tell. Either way, LDF is a great service to all, and to all a good night.

--------------------
RoseBud....rosebud
+Quote Post
Oxygenee
post Aug 30 2005, 04:46 PM
Post #11

Pre-ban minutiae guy

Member No.: 41

QUOTE (Icarus @ Aug 30 2005, 06:55 PM)

Pithily put.

--------------------
...et c’est l’absinthe enfin, la grande absinthe ou la petite, parure chaste des montagnes et des rivages marins, fille des grand vents purs, blé des espaces vierges, emblème de la liberté farouche.
+Quote Post
Lord Stanley
post Aug 30 2005, 04:50 PM
Post #12

Vito Von Sawchuck

Member No.: 73

QUOTE (Oxygenee @ Aug 30 2005, 09:01 AM)
I'm concerned at the casual denigration of Liqueurs de France and some of their products that seems to have become de rigeur amongst a small but vociferous clique here on the forum.

I hope that I'm not considered to be part of that clique. I don't intend to be and hope that I'm not perceived to be.

I love LdF. Their customer service is great and their delivery is undoubtedly the most reliable out there. Above all, their products generally lead the way among all vendors.

Jade bottles, empty and full, are all over the damn place in my house. I find that they're all fine products and I haven't experienced the funky, sea monkeys as others claim to have.

The Fougerolles are decent tasting and moderately priced absinthes. Hell, LdF actually modified the Verte production after accepting feedback from the Forum.

What can you say about the Emiles? They were the commercial benchmark a few years ago but they've been surpassed on the quality scale, ironically enough, by LdF's other offerings.

The Kallnacher may be appealing to some but I found it to be disappointing compared to other La Bleues that have hit the market. That's life. I won't knock LdF for selling it but I won't be buying it either unless subsequent runs improve significantly.

LdF is still a top notch company to deal with for absinthe purchases. I hope that my criticisms of some of their products won't be perceived as an opinion of their business in general.

Cheers to Peter, Ian and Ted for keeping us all in good spirits! abs-cheers.gif

--------------------
Faith is believing what you know ain't so. - MT
+Quote Post
celticgent
post Aug 30 2005, 04:51 PM
Post #13

i punch mommies

Member No.: 50

Pithily put.

your lisp is adorable.

--------------------
permanent vacation.
+Quote Post
Jack Batemaster
post Aug 30 2005, 04:54 PM
Post #14

Le maistre d'appastate

Member No.: 127

Speaking of cliques...

--------------------

Mon but est simplement d'obtenir Ricard hors de l'absinthe, juste lêchez le reste d'entre eux …
Mon but est simplement d'obtenir Ricard hors de l'absinthe, juste lêchez le reste d'entre eux …
+Quote Post
Head_prosthesis
post Aug 30 2005, 05:10 PM
Post #15

The original "red headed sausage wrangler"

Member No.: 8

You know Jack,

The term "Absinthe Mafia" came from
your stripper girlfriend in Florida.
The Alandia girl.

You can blame her for the conspiracy.
+Quote Post

6 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd April 2018 - 10:03 PM