Reply to this topicStart new topic
> We need help now!
Oxygenee
post Nov 15 2005, 10:40 AM
Post #1

Pre-ban minutiae guy

Group: Admin
Member No.: 41

Artemis has entered pretty much all reviews received to date in the forum below. Kallisti is now updating the actual Buyers Guide with the new reviews. For existing products, that were already in the guide there are no problems - these have all been done, and a dummy post attched to the end of each thread saying that the Buyers Guide has been updated.

For new products however, we need some additional information before they can be included. For each product reviewed we need to know:

Country of Origin: ??
Type: Mixed & Macerated/Distilled etc ??
Rating: Average Score ??
Price (if known): ??
Vendors: ?? if known

Also of course, any relevant images, if available.

In most cases Artemis doesn't have this information, so we need your help. Please look at the reviews in the Buyers Guide forum below, and if you're able to add any of these details, please do so!

--------------------
...et c’est l’absinthe enfin, la grande absinthe ou la petite, parure chaste des montagnes et des rivages marins, fille des grand vents purs, blé des espaces vierges, emblème de la liberté farouche.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
hartsmar
post Nov 15 2005, 10:45 AM
Post #2

Clint Wormwood

Group: Swedish Mafia
Member No.: 278

…which reminds me…
damn my short memory!

--------------------
Efficient but deadly

Voodoo Magic™ - Boveresse 2011
+Quote Post
Artemis
post Nov 15 2005, 06:34 PM
Post #3

Master of Oblivion

Group: Ragin' Cajun
Member No.: 2

I'm sorry to not be of much help in this area, but people should understand that for my own reviews, what I'm tasting is from small sample bottles provided by other members - all I know about it is the name, which is all I need to know for the tasting. I never envisioned the incorporation of these reviews into the more elaborate pages. Kallisti is doing beautiful work on it as always …

--------------------
Il arrive souvent que les personnes couvertes d’esprit enflamme courent en appelant du secours.
+Quote Post
Stroller
post Nov 15 2005, 07:04 PM
Post #4

Skulduggering cut-throatist

Group: Absinthe Mafia
Member No.: 1747

Artemis,

I would think it would be sorta fun to have you (or another I would consider an expert) blind taste a sample and have the sender reveal the maker after the fact.

I appreciate your reviews and take them into serious consideration before I purchase.

--------------------
"I heard that they made a recent discovery of a new tomb, the likes of King Tut's. But I think I might put in a bid to buy it all for my private collection instead of letting the museums study it and display it for the enrichment of all." Shabba53
+Quote Post
Ari
post Nov 15 2005, 07:34 PM
Post #5

Informed Imbiber

Group: Members
Member No.: 892

I agree, your blind taste test review when the new review system started was very informative.

--------------------
"you mean we're supposed to read 'em? i thought signatures were there to be ignored..."
+Quote Post
Artemis
post Nov 16 2005, 05:13 PM
Post #6

Master of Oblivion

When I said I had to know the name, that's for publishing the review. I don't even read the label for the sake of the tasting itself, so it is almost "blind". In most cases, even if I read the label, I don't know anything about the product, so I'm still in the dark. But I agree, ideally, all tastings should be blind - ideally, everything should be tasted at the same time by a panel of experienced people, as in homebrew tastings.

--------------------
Il arrive souvent que les personnes couvertes d’esprit enflamme courent en appelant du secours.
+Quote Post
badger
post Nov 16 2005, 05:38 PM
Post #7

Garçon du poteau

Group: Members
Member No.: 741

The information you provide, via your blind taste test, I think informs the readers and buyers more accurately than that of tasting it straight out of the bottle with the label. That way there is no suspesion of being biast or partial towards a certain origin.
+Quote Post
Artemis
post Nov 16 2005, 07:28 PM
Post #8

Master of Oblivion

Most of the stuff I've tasted lately is pretty obscure. To me, it's more important to be "blind" when you're tasting something that's enjoyed a lot of fanfare. For example, with 100-year old absinthe, you have to be careful that you're not remarking on a legend rather than a glass of liquor. The same is true to some extent with anything by Ted Breaux and maybe one or two other products. On the other hand, if it's labeled "Hill's" you go into it knowing you're going to look stupid if you say anything good about it.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th January 2018 - 04:55 AM