> Alfie
Brett
post Dec 18 2005, 09:16 AM
Post #1

Highland Absintheur

Group: Members
Member No.: 30

Anyone seen this?

The wife rented it, and I had no interest so I slept through most of it.

Other than oddly mirroring Jude Law's real life problems (especially consider Sienna plays the girlfriend he cheats on), it further perpetuates the bullshit myths of absinthe.

Susan Sarandon serves absinthe via the traditional czech method, except after she adds water their drinks louche to a pale white. However, in the second shot, they remain green. The filmmakers couldn't even get their myths right.

--------------------
"I can't sell Bjarne's paté, it tastes like jockstrap." - The Green Butchers
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
hartsmar
post Dec 18 2005, 10:29 AM
Post #2

Clint Wormwood

Group: Swedish Mafia
Member No.: 278

Not only did I hate Susan Sarandon BEFORE Alfie. I hated her even more after seeing that piece of shit movie.

--------------------
Efficient but deadly

Voodoo Magic™ - Boveresse 2011
+Quote Post
Absomphe
post Dec 18 2005, 05:13 PM
Post #3

Cozy Nostril Originale

Group: Absinthe Mafia
Member No.: 66

All Hollywood seems to be cranking out is remakes, these days, and they almost never hold a candle to the originals. poop.gif

Or the originals were such pieces of absolute crap to begin with, that one wonders why they bother at all..especially when those remakes always seem to flop at the box office.

This post has been edited by Assstomp: Dec 18 2005, 05:15 PM

--------------------
I've scrubbed my sigs with Oxy Clean™.
+Quote Post
Kirk
post Dec 19 2005, 12:12 AM
Post #4

tool making biped

Member No.: 193

The new King Kong is the best movie I've seen in ages.

This post has been edited by Kirk: Dec 19 2005, 12:13 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Oxygenee
post Dec 19 2005, 12:34 AM
Post #5

Pre-ban minutiae guy

Group: Admin
Member No.: 41

I just really enjoy saying "Kong my Whopper".

--------------------
...et c’est l’absinthe enfin, la grande absinthe ou la petite, parure chaste des montagnes et des rivages marins, fille des grand vents purs, blé des espaces vierges, emblème de la liberté farouche.
+Quote Post
Donnie Darko
post Dec 19 2005, 12:45 AM
Post #6

Alethiometer

Member No.: 51

You should see the Meatnormous breakfast sandwich they have. I think you have to sign a waiver before eating it.
+Quote Post
Head_prosthesis
post Dec 19 2005, 12:47 AM
Post #7

The original "red headed sausage wrangler"

Member No.: 8

Yeah but we got the "skyscraping" TRIPLE Whopper!
+Quote Post
Donnie Darko
post Dec 19 2005, 12:49 AM
Post #8

Alethiometer

QUOTE(Brett @ Dec 18 2005, 05:16 AM) *

Anyone seen this?

The wife rented it, and I had no interest so I slept through most of it.

Other than oddly mirroring Jude Law's real life problems (especially consider Sienna plays the girlfriend he cheats on), it further perpetuates the bullshit myths of absinthe.

Susan Sarandon serves absinthe via the traditional czech method, except after she adds water their drinks louche to a pale white. However, in the second shot, they remain green. The filmmakers couldn't even get their myths right.

They filmed several scenes from that piece of shit in front of my old apartment. It was a boring movie, and annoying to have them on my block, because as is typical of film productions, the PAs have a bigger ego than anyone else and won't let you walk down the block (even though it's not on the side they're filming).
+Quote Post
Brett
post Dec 19 2005, 01:59 PM
Post #9

Highland Absintheur

Group: Members
Member No.: 30

I almost missed my bus once because the film crew did not want me in the shot. Think about it for a second...a crowded city street, and they've loaded the sidewalk with extras and they think it would be odd for someone to be waiting at a bus stop in the background?

As I bonus, when I saw my bus, I had to run out to stop it, so I think I may have forced another take.

--------------------
"I can't sell Bjarne's paté, it tastes like jockstrap." - The Green Butchers
+Quote Post
Donnie Darko
post Dec 20 2005, 01:38 AM
Post #10

Alethiometer

That's all because the Screen Actors Guild has strict regulations about use of extras. They would have had to pay you and you would have had to join the Union, pay an initiation fee, etc... stupid.

I'm in a Union, and I'm mostly pro Union and all that, but some Unions are retarded these days. Like the public transportation employees in my city, who are going on strike tonight because they haven't had a contract for 4 measly days, and don't want to pay a measly 1% of their salary towards health care. My wife is a public school teacher, and they went without a contract for TWO YEARS, and she still makes 20% less than the guy who fixes buses when they break down, and they didn't go on strike!

And then there was that whole thing where the Motion Picture Editors Guild flipped their shit when Robert Rodriguez's credit on Sin City said "shot and cut by Robert Rodriguez", and the DGA flipped their shit when he gave Frank Miller a co-director credit, cuz Miller wasn't in the Union. They actually made him pay a big fine for that. Yeah, that stuff is all REALLY important.
Morons.

George Lucas quit the DGA because they tried to force him to put opening credits on Star Wars.

Sorry, don't mean to get political, just blowing off steam.
+Quote Post
Head_prosthesis
post Dec 20 2005, 01:53 AM
Post #11

Motion Picture Editors Guild

MPEG. Can we sue them?
+Quote Post
Donnie Darko
post Dec 20 2005, 01:12 PM
Post #12

Alethiometer

Only if I can be a co-plaintiff.

Probably wouldn't be worth it though, I think they're one of the wimpiest unions out there.
+Quote Post
Donnie Darko
post Dec 20 2005, 01:23 PM
Post #13

Alethiometer

While I am pro-Union, I really hope somebody sues the Local 100 Union in my city. The greedy fucks just walked off the job today. Looks like I'm walking to work. Either that or pay $15 for a cab, when it normally would cost me $7. If I see any of their picket lines I'm going to go fart in their general direction.

Bus drivers who are willing to force little old ladies to walk home in the cold so they can get a bigger raise than they were already getting don't deserve anyone's support.
+Quote Post
Stroller
post Dec 20 2005, 03:56 PM
Post #14

Skulduggering cut-throatist

Member No.: 1747

I am currently having issues with 2 unions. I don't have anything against unions, but they bring along political baggage, which I don't care to participate in.

I have 2 unions fighting over the right to organize my modest workforce of 70 people. Funny thing is, I pay about 2 dollars an hour more than the 2 unions contracts my staff have to pay is about 35 bucks a month to cover for medical & dental. And that covers the entire family! I think the union contracts have a co pay of 150 bucks.

Oh yeah, I allow my guys to collect tips which is not in the union agreements. All that boils down to my guys pulling in between 50-80K a year. Under the existing union agreements, my guys would make about 30K+.

And as of right now, my guys haven't had a say in anything. If the unions decide, they will come in and say what is needed to get them to sign.

I keep asking the question: Why try to organize a group that is making almost twice as much as their union counterparts?

--------------------
"I heard that they made a recent discovery of a new tomb, the likes of King Tut's. But I think I might put in a bid to buy it all for my private collection instead of letting the museums study it and display it for the enrichment of all." Shabba53
+Quote Post
Head_prosthesis
post Dec 20 2005, 03:58 PM
Post #15

YEWTUK'RJERBS!
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th July 2018 - 08:47 PM