Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Louched Lounge, About time they cleaned that place up
Jaded Prole
post Feb 6 2013, 04:49 PM
Post #16

Absinthe Mafia

Group: Absinthe Mafia
Member No.: 704

Too late now. Cros could have done something to recover it but he didn't.
It's dead but its absence is painful to me .

--------------------
A fine absinthe is the product of knowledge, craftsmanship, and talent. An exceptional absinthe is the product of those things plus obsession. Most absinthe is the product of marketing.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Provenance
post Feb 6 2013, 05:17 PM
Post #17

Antipathist of Light

Member No.: 2442

The Lounge taint dead as long as tainted loungers drink.

--------------------
We all used to be things we aren't anymore.
+Quote Post
Jaded Prole
post Feb 6 2013, 05:20 PM
Post #18

Absinthe Mafia

And we do.

There's Festering left to do.

--------------------
A fine absinthe is the product of knowledge, craftsmanship, and talent. An exceptional absinthe is the product of those things plus obsession. Most absinthe is the product of marketing.
+Quote Post
Tibro
post Feb 6 2013, 07:14 PM
Post #19

Vaginafly trap

Member No.: 2953

There's bound to be further collateral damage with the growing momentum of marijuana legalization.

Another example of The Lounge being ahead of the curve.

--------------------
When I wake up,
I try to convince myself that my arm
isn't there --
to retain my sanity.

Then I try to convince myself that it is.

Frank Bidart
+Quote Post
rjordan
post Feb 6 2013, 11:01 PM
Post #20

Cozy Nostril

Group: Members
From: Kickin' it East Coast style...for now (in other words Beantown [Boston])
Member No.: 223

What about rebirthing another Lounge? You know, like those psychiatrists that take adults and put them in a bag with lots of pillows and then a lot of weight on top of them so that they can't barely breath (and sometimes the 'patient' suffocates and dies) and then they get rebirthed out of the bag of pillows and they are all better. The website should be available now, no?

gun thug.gif

--------------------
"…In this, the real absinthe, there is wormwood. It's supposed to rot your brain out but I don't believe it. It only changes the ideas…" E.H.
+Quote Post
Tibro
post Feb 7 2013, 06:30 AM
Post #21

Vaginafly trap

Or we could put them in the passenger seat of some car driven by a partially impaired thuj0ne degenerate inducing them to clench their collective sphincter in utter terror until the fear-inducing nightmare stopped and their sphincters collectively relaxed and xat out something vaguely reminiscent of The Lounge.

Xit and the poo flingers will cum.

--------------------
When I wake up,
isn't there --
to retain my sanity.

Frank Bidart
+Quote Post
Jaded Prole
post Feb 7 2013, 01:51 PM
Post #22

Absinthe Mafia

What about rebirthing another Lounge?

We could put together an empty shell but what has been lost cannot be recovered.

Louched lounge history lies a-mouldering in the grave,
But the core crew goes stumbling on.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Provenance
post Feb 7 2013, 03:30 PM
Post #23

Antipathist of Light

"Breastaurants" Titled Kilt, Twins Peaks coming to area

Hooters Girls are getting more competition. At least two new "breastaurant" chains are working on plans to open in South Florida this year, also featuring scantily-clad women.

Next month, the Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery will open in Hallandale Beach with Tilted Kilt Girls sporting mini-kilts midriff-baring white tops, a sporran and stockings.

And a group of Weston restaurateurs have signed an agreement to open 10 Twin Peaks.The main attraction at the mountain sports lodge-themed restaurants are the "Lumber Jills," serving in khaki shorts and red plaid tops. They bare their midriff, too.
Owners of the specialty-themed restaurants say the servers are entertainers. Breastaurants don't hire their employees, they audition and cast them, said Joe Sloboda, a restaurateur behind the upcoming Twin Peaks South Florida franchise.

"We want to make sure people on our team will fit the role, with the right personality, the right skill-set," he said. For example, the Tilted Kilt announced it will hold "casting calls," this weekend from 12-5 p.m. for "all roles.'

But the restaurants have more to offer than attractive skimpily-clad servers, the owners say.

The Tilted Kilt pays homage to the old public houses of England, Scotland, Ireland and America, said Mark Hanby, Tilted Kilt's vice president of development. Customers can even expect "humorous and slightly bawdy limericks," he said.

"Initially, customers are drawn in for the girls," Hanby said. "But what keeps them coming back is the great food, the selection of drinks and the unbeatable atmosphere." he said.

Sloboda is part of the DMD Restaurant Group, which also operates Five Guys Burgers and Fries and VooDoo BBQ & Grill restaurants in the Miami area. Twin Peaks restaurants will have about 150 televisions, cold beer served at 29 degrees and comfort food, Sloboda said.

"The approach is to make sure guests coming in enjoy themselves, whether it's a bunch of guys, couples, someone celebrating a birthday or watching a football game," Sloboda said.

There are more than 25 Twin Peaks restaurants open in 12 states, according to a DMD Restaurant Group release. The Tilted Kilt currently has 76 restaurants operating in the U.S. and Canada and plan to have a total of 103 operating by the end of the year, the company said.

The new chains started around the mid-2000s and are rapidly expanding because Hooters "has been dormant," said Darren Tristano, executive vice president of Technomic, a food industry research and consulting firm based in Chicago.

Hooters has not updated its concept or revamped its brand significantly in recent years, he said, yet they remain the category leader. The chain, which started in Clearwater in 1983, has 365 locations in the U.S. and brings in about $900 million in annual sales, Tristano said.

Hooters declined comment.

Collectively, the breastaurant subsection makes about $2 billion in sales annually, compared with the overall industry sales of $390 billion, Tristano said.

Technomic estimates sales at the new breastaurants are growing at a 40 percent rate annually.

And while they are gaining strength in South Florida, not all are welcoming them with open arms.

"It's abundantly clear they're selling sex," said Meredith Ockman, president of the Palm Beach County chapter of the National Organization for Women. "I don't blame anyone for making a dollar, but don't think objectifying someone is the way to do it."

A "whole multitude" of issues rise with these type of restaurants, Ockman said. Among them, safety.

The restaurants need to provide enough security so that customers don't get too close to the servers, Ockman said. They must also ensure employees feel safe when leaving at the end of their shifts and not feel threatened by customers, she said.

The "breastaurant" term gained popularity about five years ago and has stuck since then, said Ron Ruggless, southwest bureau chief of the trade publication Nation's Restaurant News.

"Some of the brands are trying to get away from it because it has a connotation of sex, but that's basically what the category is selling," Ruggless said.

Fabio Caro, franchise owner of the upcoming Hallandale Beach restaurant, decided to open in South Florida after visiting a Tilted Kilt in Connecticut, he said.

"Sex appeal sells," Caro said on Tuesday while meeting with an awnings installation company outside the new location. "The women are treated professionally and with respect. They don't only have to look good, but also have to be entertainers. It's tasteful."

--------------------
+Quote Post
rjordan
post Feb 7 2013, 07:56 PM
Post #24

Cozy Nostril

Group: Members
From: Kickin' it East Coast style...for now (in other words Beantown [Boston])
Member No.: 223

2 many werdz..

gun thug.gif

--------------------
"…In this, the real absinthe, there is wormwood. It's supposed to rot your brain out but I don't believe it. It only changes the ideas…" E.H.
+Quote Post
Jack Batemaster
post Feb 7 2013, 09:39 PM
Post #25

Le maistre d'appastate

Member No.: 127

La Lounge® est morte !

--------------------

Mon but est simplement d'obtenir Ricard hors de l'absinthe, juste lęchez le reste d'entre eux …
Mon but est simplement d'obtenir Ricard hors de l'absinthe, juste lęchez le reste d'entre eux …
+Quote Post
Tibro
post Feb 8 2013, 05:38 AM
Post #26

Vaginafly trap

Who the fuck is Fake Latejester?

--------------------
When I wake up,
isn't there --
to retain my sanity.

Frank Bidart
+Quote Post
Provenance
post Feb 13 2013, 03:59 PM
Post #27

Antipathist of Light

Disposable Penis

All the kewl kidz have one. Or maybe several.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Steve
post Feb 18 2013, 08:29 PM
Post #28

amateur d'absinthe

Member No.: 34

I forgot to login at the Lounge for the last 6 or 7 years. What did I miss?
+Quote Post
Steve
post Feb 18 2013, 08:34 PM
Post #29

amateur d'absinthe

Member No.: 34

Also:

Detachable Penis
+Quote Post
Jack Batemaster
post Feb 19 2013, 12:56 AM
Post #30

Le maistre d'appastate

Member No.: 127

QUOTE(Steve @ Feb 18 2013, 12:29 PM) *

…What did I miss?

Rien !

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th July 2018 - 03:13 AM