Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Absinthe Farom Blanche 68% - prototype, Reviewed
hartsmar
post Jul 2 2006, 07:20 AM
Post #1

Clint Wormwood

Group: Swedish Mafia
Member No.: 278

This is a prototype for one a few new absinthes from Italy soon to be released.

Average score 89

Reviewed by hartsmar 7/2/2006

COLOR BEFORE WATER 10/10
It's a clear blanche.

LOUCHE ACTION 7/10
A nice louching but not really any action. It louches good though.

COLOR AFTER WATER 8/10
A nice white with a hint of blue. Could be a little thicker and whiter but it's very nice.

AROMA 23/30
Very much wormwood up front, fruity and nice. Fennel stays in the back and comes out just slightly. There's a hint of melissa and also star anise. Not too much though, so it doesn't destroy anything.
After adding water it presents a nice scent out of the glass and the notes of wormwood is slightly more balanced with the rest.

MOUTH-FEEL 8/10
Creamy, full and quite nice. Slightly numbing on the tongue but it's good.

TASTE 16/20
This is the only spot where it falls back a bit. I'd like a bit more green anise and fennel in the aroma and taste to level the wormwood. There's nothing wrong with the taste of wormwood but it can easily get overpowering. Just a little less star anise would probably make it less numbing on the tongue and let the other herbs out just a bit more.

OVERALL IMPRESSION 6/10
It's a nice blanche. With some tweaks here and there it will be a very nice product indeed. There are only minor things I personally think should be done and yet keep its own profile. The wormwood up front is one of those things that should stay there to make this a bit more unique from most other blanches, it just needs to be a little better balanaced. All in all I think it's a good blanche and I'm confident it will have great success.

hartsmar scores Absinthe Farom Blanche 68% - prototype 78 out of 100

Reviewed by absinthist 3/1/2010

COLOR BEFORE WATER 10/10
clear

LOUCHE ACTION 10/10
la bleue star anise goodness louche action

COLOR AFTER WATER 10/10
striving towards blueish.

AROMA 28/30
mint, chamomile, wormwood and a touch of licorice, flowery and refreshing, doesn't reflect the thick louche action.

MOUTH-FEEL 9/10
Chamomile/angelica provide the earthiness, hence the heaviness from anethole is subdued, crisp, yet profound mouthfeel

TASTE 18/20
1:2 is the best ratio. The alcohol is superb, seems to be grain. Spiciness/bitterness are the end sensations, whilst the earthiness, musk nuances of chamomile, angelica and licorice are the front ones. Chamomile seems to be a tad overpowering.

OVERALL IMPRESSION 9/10
Herbal and bitter blanche, not la bleue. I would suggest moving wormwood upfront, replacing chamomile with Roman chamomile or Pineapple weed, cutting licorice amount a little and refraining from vanilla, it comes at the very end on the palate and is too delicate to be perceived by the masses, so people might not fully appreciate that note.

PERSONAL NOTE
This one from 2006

absinthist scores Farom 94 out of 100

Reviewed by absinthist 6/25/2010

COLOR BEFORE WATER 10/10
clear, oily, decent

LOUCHE ACTION 10/10
gradual, cloudy, 1:1 not fully opaque

COLOR AFTER WATER 10/10
typical

AROMA 29/30
Flowery, neat it is anise and chamomile upfront, louched it is more earthier

MOUTH-FEEL 8/10
Sweet, licoricey, heavy and spicy

TASTE 19/20
1:2.5 that time, the herbaceousness and boldness are not put apart and play on one string. Wormwood is in the middle, not in the back, followed with spiciness from licorice and a tad of earthy notes, chamomile with vanilla are moved a back and spiciness comes thru again and again

OVERALL IMPRESSION 9/10
I see some changes. A really good and profound blanche. Still bitter, still flowery, but has been given additional spiciness which I adore therein.

PERSONAL NOTE
This one from 2010

absinthist scores Farom old blanche 2010 95 out of 100

--------------------
Efficient but deadly

Voodoo Magic™ - Boveresse 2011
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
absinthist
post Jun 25 2010, 01:59 PM
Post #2

Anti-Social

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2673

The first Farom I have reviewed was 2006 edition. The newest one contains no badiane, only green anise, just a note. The movie will be at my YT's channel in few mins.

--------------------
absinthe fora-for teenagers
Facebook for kiddies
Alembics and Art for the adults. So few are left, so few.
+Quote Post
hartsmar
post Aug 16 2011, 08:06 PM
Post #3

Clint Wormwood

Group: Swedish Mafia
Member No.: 278

Updated...

--------------------
Efficient but deadly

Voodoo Magic™ - Boveresse 2011
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2014 - 04:25 AM