Closed TopicStart new topic
> The FAQ, In need of updating?
Larspeart
post Nov 14 2004, 08:43 AM
Post #16

Absinthusiast

Group: Members
Member No.: 97

Of all the ones mentioned on there, La Fee is the only one that I still drink/order from time to time, and then, it's mostly out of a 'first time fling' need. It was the 'sinthe I popped my cherry on, and hence, will always have a fondness for it somewhere in my heart (the secondfairies are delightful too).

"I did write that around 2000, with the input of just about every expert we had. Funny how things change, eh?"

Yup, I think that all the time. La Fee was brand new when I started drinking absinthe, and thank god too, because I woulda suffered through Hill's and Deva if I hadn't found that one first.

--------------------
To live, to thrive, to laugh, to enjoy.
To drink absinthe, and dance with the green fairy.
Ahh, heaven!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
MrGreenGenes
post Nov 29 2004, 04:48 PM
Post #17

Fringe Dweller

Member No.: 212

I'd like to see all of the rules written clearly, either in the FAQ or a prominently-linked document, including rules on topics like home distillation and shipping details.

I never thought it was fair to bash newbies for failing not only to read the FAQ, but for failing to spend six hours reading enough old threads to be certain if what they want to discuss is appropriate here.

--------------------
sig line under construction
+Quote Post
thegreenimp
post Nov 29 2004, 05:25 PM
Post #18

Remembering all my Imps

Group: Absinthe Mafia
Member No.: 12

Discussing shipping and home distillation methods should be easy.

You don't discuss them here.

Use a little common sense,..... not only do you tip off interested parties on how things are shipped, but you also open up a lot of liability for the hosts, by discussing something that may be a federal problem.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Stalking foggy Herbsaint minutia for longer than I care to admit.

The History of Legendre Herbsaint
+Quote Post
MrGreenGenes
post Nov 29 2004, 07:00 PM
Post #19

Fringe Dweller

Member No.: 212

I am not debating the rules - it is up to the operator of the site how much risk to allow in the discussion topics.

While it may be common sense not to discuss activities of questionable legality in great detail, where the line is drawn is is not immediately obvious to newbies, especially when other absinthe forums draw the line in different places, and other illegal activities (such as marijuana growing) are discussed in great detail in forums elsewhere on the Internet.

All I'm saying is that a document clearly laying out all of the guidelines on what is acceptable here and what is not be prominently posted.

--------------------
sig line under construction
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th July 2018 - 01:08 AM