Reply to this topicStart new topic
> www.thujone.info
eric
post Aug 28 2006, 12:58 PM
Post #16

Instrument of God's will

Group: Absinthe Mafia
Member No.: 27

Oh Heck Dr. O, I do not want you to leave.

It just that sometimes it is hard to tell if you are talking about porkchops or whatshisname.

You seem to flip back and forth between the two subjects in a rather ambiguous manner.

If you could stick to one subject at a time, we all might just have an interesting conversation.

In any case my door is always open to you.

--------------------
Oh, and as I watched him on the stage
My hands were clenched in fists of rage.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
eric
post Aug 28 2006, 01:00 PM
Post #17

Instrument of God's will

Member No.: 27

Even if you do despise me.

--------------------
Oh, and as I watched him on the stage
My hands were clenched in fists of rage.
+Quote Post
Jaded Prole
post Aug 28 2006, 02:43 PM
Post #18

Absinthe Mafia

Member No.: 704

Don't Go, O! Entertainment aside, you are a necessary iconoclast, (and some of those horses may still be alive after all).

Consider this an invitation!

--------------------
A fine absinthe is the product of knowledge, craftsmanship, and talent. An exceptional absinthe is the product of those things plus obsession. Most absinthe is the product of marketing.
+Quote Post
sixela
post Aug 28 2006, 03:21 PM
Post #19

Anal sage

From: somewhere closer to Boveresse and Pontarlier than most of you
Member No.: 48

QUOTE(Oxygenee @ Aug 25 2006, 07:15 PM) *

ii.) a databank of independent, 3rd party thujone analyses of both contemporary and vintage absinthes. There's much more work to be done on this section in particular.

Would appreciate comments and suggestions.

For a paper discussing what chop.gif test results (and other tests) can tell you about absinthe, see also this. The poster is interesting in its own right, showing the immense spread in chop.gif content for distilled absinthes and some correlation between quality and (real, as opposed to advertised) chop.gif content - though there are obviously outliers caused by e.g. distilled absinthes coloured with grande absinthe (blech!).

And, of course, there's also the first paper with chop.gif tests by the same team.

And, of course, there's also table 6 in http://www.thujoneinfo.com/thujone-absinthe-3.html (also by that team) - a nice summary covering several independent studies (with references to the original articles at the end of the article). It's already on the site, but there's no pointer to that data in the "testing" section.

--------------------
Varno Ettanu Parmantaurëo
--
For incredibly brain-melting hotness, always bet on Number Six -- Maxim, December 2003.
+Quote Post
Oxygenee
post Sep 22 2006, 10:18 AM
Post #20

Pre-ban minutiae guy

Group: Admin
Member No.: 41

I've substantially increased the number of linked papers on the site, from 18 to 31. Amongst the new ones are several from the Belle Epoque era that have never been available online before, including Amory's influential 1868 article from the Boston Medical and Surgical Journal, and a fascinating 1910 German paper on the analysis of absinthe and its essential oils.

New data has also been added to the Thujone Testing section.

--------------------
...et c’est l’absinthe enfin, la grande absinthe ou la petite, parure chaste des montagnes et des rivages marins, fille des grand vents purs, blé des espaces vierges, emblème de la liberté farouche.
+Quote Post
turangalila
post May 6 2007, 06:29 PM
Post #21

Absinthusiast

Member No.: 40

Oxy. Wonderful job on chop.gif.info. I'm looking forward to reading through it. It's exactly what I was hoping for two years ago.

--------------------
"Devant ma table vint s'asseoir / Un pauvre enfant vêtu de noir, / Qui me ressemblait comme un frère."
"I am not pysicist and do not claim to be one however, I believe the thoujon to accumulate in your system and after a while it startes to wear on you."
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2014 - 07:57 AM