> Pikkle
pikkle
post Dec 19 2013, 09:49 PM
Post #16

Novitiate

Group: Members
Member No.: 1719

QUOTE(Donnie Darko @ Nov 5 2006, 10:03 AM) *

I met him at the NYC party in 2002, seemed like a nice guy. Unfortunately he was already blind drunk by the time everyone showed up, and passed out about an hour into the party so nobody got to talk to him much. He was wearing a PBR shirt. Not a T-shirt, but a nice looking button down, that had the Pabst Blue Ribbon logo all over it.

I still have that shirt too!

--------------------
How can you make a comeback if you haven't been anywhere?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Absomphe
post Dec 19 2013, 11:52 PM
Post #17

Cozy Nostril Originale

Group: Absinthe Mafia
Member No.: 66

I never thought I'd admit this, butt I've missed the Pikkle. abs-cheers.gif

--------------------
I've scrubbed my sigs with Oxy Clean™.
+Quote Post
pikkle
post Dec 20 2013, 05:05 AM
Post #18

Novitiate

Det är sant, jag är fortfarande vid liv!

Gone but apparently not forgotten. Went out for a pack of smokes, saw some crazy bright lights in the sky and now a set of fat ugly sisters who have zero talent are on tv all the time and Urkel is in the White House… wow, time travel sucks!

How are things since I've been here last? Did you get that mess cleaned up in the corner yet? I like what you've done with the place, it seems so… the same. Good. Like I never say: plus ça change, plus c'est la męme chose.

Thirsty.Attached Image

--------------------
+Quote Post
pikkle
post Dec 20 2013, 05:26 AM
Post #19

Novitiate

QUOTE(bob_chong @ Dec 1 2006, 12:38 PM) *

I always liked this one:

IPB Image

Ah, my buddy Lavaughn. He'd walk the lines, bobbing his head up and down and every now and then stop, turn his head slowly to stare out into space and would let out a silent, tortured scream. Was the eeriest thing I'd even seen. If you came upon him he'd snap out of his spell just long enough to talk to you in a slow, simple voice, almost child-like but once you turned to walk away, the head would start a bobbin again. Always did his job. One time he set his own shanty on fire and lost about twenty dollars in quarters that he kept in a duffle bag because he took the bus to work. The company paid him for his lost change even though the fire was his fault. The union looked out for guys like this. Heard that a woman broke his heart years ago. That's why he was like that.

--------------------
+Quote Post
pikkle
post Dec 20 2013, 06:06 AM
Post #20

Novitiate

Awake!

Attached Image

Asleep…

Attached Image

--------------------
+Quote Post
Artemis
post Dec 20 2013, 08:31 PM
Post #21

Master of Oblivion

Group: Ragin' Cajun
Member No.: 2

The poisonous sky reminds me of a photo I saw recently of China choking on its industrial might. They're going down; they'll take Walmart right down with them.

--------------------
Il arrive souvent que les personnes couvertes d’esprit enflamme courent en appelant du secours.
+Quote Post
pikkle
post Dec 20 2013, 10:04 PM
Post #22

Novitiate

QUOTE(Artemis @ Dec 20 2013, 12:31 PM) *

The poisonous sky reminds me of a photo I saw recently of China choking on its industrial might. They're going down; they'll take Walmart right down with them.

That one is from the steel mill in Cherepovets, Russia. Russia taught the Chinese everything they know about the environment.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Jack Batemaster
post Dec 20 2013, 10:38 PM
Post #23

Le maistre d'appastate

Member No.: 127

Ces communistes !

--------------------

Mon but est simplement d'obtenir Ricard hors de l'absinthe, juste lęchez le reste d'entre eux …
Mon but est simplement d'obtenir Ricard hors de l'absinthe, juste lęchez le reste d'entre eux …
+Quote Post
Jaded Prole
post Dec 20 2013, 11:32 PM
Post #24

Absinthe Mafia

Member No.: 704

Industrialism -- Poland is was the most polluted place on earth but China has them beat.

--------------------
A fine absinthe is the product of knowledge, craftsmanship, and talent. An exceptional absinthe is the product of those things plus obsession. Most absinthe is the product of marketing.
+Quote Post
Jack Batemaster
post Dec 20 2013, 11:48 PM
Post #25

Le maistre d'appastate

Member No.: 127

Ce communiste !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Artemis
post Dec 21 2013, 12:17 AM
Post #26

Master of Oblivion

Group: Ragin' Cajun
Member No.: 2

Cherepovets, Russia

I thought of Mongolia; the buildings don't look like anything I've seen in the U.S. Even Gary, Indiana isn't that bleak. Striking photo, though.

--------------------
Il arrive souvent que les personnes couvertes d’esprit enflamme courent en appelant du secours.
+Quote Post
pikkle
post Dec 22 2013, 01:06 AM
Post #27

Novitiate

QUOTE(Artemis @ Dec 20 2013, 04:17 PM) *

Cherepovets, Russia

I thought of Mongolia; the buildings don't look like anything I've seen in the U.S. Even Gary, Indiana isn't that bleak. Striking photo, though.

A working group of us mill folk went over there a few years ago and I can say, if you would like a taste of Soviet Russia, Cherepovets is a good place to start. I wasn't there pre-break up, but minus a few (very few) of the Western style stores I encountered, I'm pretty sure not much has changed since the 1950's when this Stalin-esque nightmare was finally up and running full bore. Not even a McDonalds from what I could tell. I saw smoke of virtually every color in the rainbow pouring out of stacks at various places of the plant (and the land on which the plant sat was itself larger in area than that of the city proper.) I remember at one point in one of our many endless tours we were in a tunnel between mills and the group stopped at a very large hatch, like one you'd see in a submarine only larger, and I asked our tour guide what it was for… her reply was some to the effect of "that was for when you were going to bomb us." It appeared to still have been well lubricated and very functional.

Unfortunately, I can't take credit for the photo… any photography was frowned upon by our Russian handlers while we were there… as were questions. But the photo was quite indicative of the view we had for several weeks, and the residents had their whole lives. If you think the cold war is over, you are probably very much not so correct, comrade.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kirk
post Dec 22 2013, 02:20 AM
Post #28

tool making biped

Member No.: 193

Sobering shot. I hear the rivers in China run whatever color is hot that year.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kirk
post Jun 19 2014, 10:58 PM
Post #29

tool making biped

Member No.: 193

You are a root member, why do you forsake us now?

--------------------
+Quote Post
pikkle
post Jul 13 2014, 01:41 AM
Post #30

Novitiate

QUOTE(Kirk @ Jun 19 2014, 02:58 PM) *

You are a root member, why do you forsake us now?

I am always here…

--------------------
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th July 2018 - 05:53 AM