menu 4
menu 6
menu 8
menu 10
menu 12

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Switzerland Consider Legalising Absinthe, From an email sent out by eabsinthe.com:
Balzdeep
post Oct 2 2003, 03:14 AM
Post #46

Absinthusiast

Group: Members
From: Neither here nor there...Neithernere? Nyethornare? Bill Nye looks like Thor after using Nair?
Member No.: 57

And Pennsylvania isn't in New England -- But at LF03 Smutty even bought Real, Authentic Dutch Scrapple!

--------------------
If you can read this, you are sitting too close to your monitor.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TaLi
post Oct 2 2003, 03:49 AM
Post #47

Novitiate

Member No.: 77

and Uranus is not my Anus alien2.gif

TaLi ~ on his 4th glass of ambrosia

Sugar.gif

--------------------
souvent des périodes je bois pour oublier, autre et des périodes bien plus mauvaises que j'oublie de boire
+Quote Post
Perruche_verte
post Oct 2 2003, 05:19 AM
Post #48

Gangan kwa kwa

Group: Absinthe Mafia
Member No.: 37

Sad to say, though, Pierre Verte is most likely correct.

Remember when (modern) Oxygenee was the hot new absinthe? Pierre's calls to Cusenier (i.e., a division of the Pernod-Ricard behemoth) were answered by people who scarcely even knew that they MADE the stuff, let alone had any interest in selling it.

To get it in the US, you had to place an order through a French wine dealer that sold minimum orders of 8 bottles (IIRC), only accepted payment by wire transfer through your bank and needed a Federal ID number. Or you could buy it from Betty (of course). This was well before SC, and then everyone else, started carrying it.

F. Guy was mostly unavailable for some time after it came out, too.

Perhaps it would be wise to buy only ONE bottle from whoever starts selling legal "La Bleue" first, until we can separate the wheat from the chaff. Some of the sellers might not have the consumer's best interests at heart.

--------------------
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
+Quote Post
thegreenimp
post Oct 2 2003, 11:45 AM
Post #49

Keeper Of The Imp

Member No.: 12

QUOTE (Perruche_verte @ Oct 2 2003, 12:19 AM)

Perhaps it would be wise to buy only ONE bottle from whoever starts selling legal "La Bleue" first, until we can separate the wheat from the chaff. Some of the sellers might not have the consumer's best interests at heart.

With Kubler being the sole example of their commercial output, that is a safe bet.

I'm sure it's going to take some time before anything makes it to the market, what with licencing, and dealing with what ever type bureaucracy the Swiss Govt. has.
Then there is start up for a grass roots distillery, (no small undertaking in it's self)
Unless there are some established distilleries doing Absinthe out the back door, I think it will be a while before something decent comes out.

I wonder if the Swiss will be allowing the French producers to sell in their country.

What ever happens, it's going to be interesting to observe.

--------------------
Stalking foggy Herbsaint minutia for longer than I care to admit.

The History of Legendre Herbsaint
+Quote Post
Esseintes
post Oct 2 2003, 11:54 AM
Post #50

Absinthusiast

Member No.: 44

Let's wait and see what my friend from Switzerland tells me this weekend. She's really into Absinthe and is working as a journalist - so maybe some interesting new facts.

I guess there are going to be some new distillers as soon as Absinthe is legal there, but as most of you guess, t's the question if this stuff is good. At least there's going to be some movement in the market.
+Quote Post
Icarus
post Oct 2 2003, 03:32 PM
Post #51

Shut Up and Sit Down!!!

Member No.: 5

I've got my bags packed and my swiss passport up to date.

--------------------
Absinthe is the new Jager.
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th January 2018 - 10:08 AM