Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Greetings from the Peach State
GaDistCo
post Oct 19 2010, 12:35 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3917

Well hello there everyone, and I am glad to be in the group. I am Bill Mauldin, Co-Founder and COO of the Georgia Distilling Company which is located just outside of Atlanta, GA. We are creating several sirits lines, but will also be creating an absinthe product for the American market. I look forward to discussions on this subject, and please feel free to contact us at anytime. Thanks!

bill.mauldin@georgiadistilling.com
www.GaDistilling.com

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Stroller
post Oct 19 2010, 02:02 PM
Post #2

Skulduggering cut-throatist

Group: Absinthe Mafia
Member No.: 1747

Welcome. I have to say, the idea of peach or watermelon flavored gin is not very appealing.

--------------------
"I heard that they made a recent discovery of a new tomb, the likes of King Tut's. But I think I might put in a bid to buy it all for my private collection instead of letting the museums study it and display it for the enrichment of all." Shabba53
+Quote Post
Provenance
post Oct 19 2010, 02:24 PM
Post #3

Antipathist of Light

Member No.: 2442

Is there any relation between "an absinthe product" and absinthe?

--------------------
We all used to be things we aren't anymore.
+Quote Post
Stroller
post Oct 19 2010, 03:17 PM
Post #4

Skulduggering cut-throatist

Member No.: 1747

Might be an opportunity for Hiram to try making his absinthe product again, I think he's in-between distilleries.

--------------------
"I heard that they made a recent discovery of a new tomb, the likes of King Tut's. But I think I might put in a bid to buy it all for my private collection instead of letting the museums study it and display it for the enrichment of all." Shabba53
+Quote Post
Grim
post Oct 19 2010, 04:35 PM
Post #5

La Faucheuse

Member No.: 434

I look forward to discussions on this subject…

You'll find a good deal of history and information via the Search feature. And I highly recommend looking into Leopold's experience on the forum for an idea of what to expect; Leopold also expanded into distilling absinthe. If you're interested, click here. The most recent posts are on page 1, the earliest can be seen by selecting the "»" button at the bottom left of the list of posts.

Absinthe devotees here and at other forums tend to be very protective of its tradition and history as we see it. And the glut of gimmicky, uninformed absinthe products has offended what many people have worked hard to achieve via these fora. A healthy skepticism, at a minimum, is how things go here (at this the "Oldest, Largest, Most Visited, Most Authoritative Absinthe Site")… but good luck and happy research.

--------------------
O how noble it appeared to my childish admiration when he returned… indifferent to the violent scenes and mute reproaches alike.
+Quote Post
absinthist
post Oct 19 2010, 05:26 PM
Post #6

Anti-Social

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2673

Hello!

Can you briefly tell us what products do you make currently or are they still, according to your prospectus, in the stage of planning? What light can you shed on Southern Bulldog and Stinger? Why have you decided for absinthe? What kind of absinthe are you interested in? Do you have access to good quality herbs to start from scratch? Do you have any experience with making herbal spirits or working with flavoured stuff?

The site is full of colourful stories and I really dig the music.

--------------------
absinthe fora-for teenagers
Facebook for kiddies
Alembics and Art for the adults. So few are left, so few.
+Quote Post
Oxygenee
post Oct 19 2010, 08:29 PM
Post #7

Pre-ban minutiae guy

Group: Admin
Member No.: 41

Welcome Bill.

--------------------
...et c’est l’absinthe enfin, la grande absinthe ou la petite, parure chaste des montagnes et des rivages marins, fille des grand vents purs, blé des espaces vierges, emblème de la liberté farouche.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th January 2018 - 07:31 PM