Oxygenee
post Dec 15 2010, 05:53 PM
Post #31

Pre-ban minutiae guy

Group: Admin
Member No.: 41

QUOTE(Provenance @ Dec 15 2010, 07:50 PM) *

QUOTE(Oxygenee @ Dec 15 2010, 02:28 AM) *

I don't often address purely commercial questions regarding Oxygenee companies on the forum here, but perhaps this time since this thread is expressly about RueVerte, I should give a little background:

I've come to realize that Kyle is right, filteration is the best. It makes no more sense to distill absinthe then it does for a doctor to use leeches. I have found, however, that a few leeches added to the macerate does add a certain piquancy to the final product (you were wondering how I improved the new Roquette) although adding a few leeches to an absinthe forum may have a rather different effect. I am proud to $ell Kyle'$ fine products. They have helped me find a new Reality, a rather profitable one at that. As for Marc, well, there's a reason why his face is covered in his new avatar.

RueVerte is unashamedly a broad range absinthe supermarket, and just like a supermarket, it sells products in many different categories and price ranges. There are customers, particularly in the land of David Hasselhoff, who can't stand anise and, realizing that the customer is always right as long as their credit is good, RueVerte sells these, but the entire thrust of the site is to educate the consumer buy depleting their wallet and steer them in the direction of the best, most profitable products. Our aim - rapidly being achieved - is to be Europe's #1 absinthe vendor, and this isn't achievable by stocking only a limited range of absinthes of unimpeachable ideological purity [a term no one else has had the balz to apply to absinthe] - one needs to cater to the fool market. Only with the economies of scale generated by a broad product range and high turnover, can we offer the best absinthes (I giggled when I wrote that one) at the very best (for us) prices.

A particular aim is to try and draw the more enlightened producers firmly into the absinthe proft$tream, this is the thinking behind our deal with anyone we can. There will be other developments around this idea in the new year.

Lastly, to end with a bit of insider knowledge I've gained as the world's foremost expert on preban absinthe: Hapsburg Yellow really rocks.

**** Infomercial ends here ****

Well thank you for that snark-fest, Provenance, having a slow day at the office?

I don't think I need to defend my record of making, promoting and selling decent absinthe, so….I won't.

PS. Don't drag poor Marc into it, it's not his fault, he's just fallen under my evil spell.

--------------------
...et c’est l’absinthe enfin, la grande absinthe ou la petite, parure chaste des montagnes et des rivages marins, fille des grand vents purs, blé des espaces vierges, emblème de la liberté farouche.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Oxygenee
post Dec 15 2010, 06:09 PM
Post #32

Pre-ban minutiae guy

Group: Admin
Member No.: 41

Tibro:

Yes, of course I've tasted the Oliva, and I just poured myself a glass of it right now:

1. It's light years better than any other Czech absinthe I've tasted.
2. It's properly distilled from whole herbs and naturally coloured, and has sufficient anise for a fine rich louche.
3. It's got a pleasing aroma, well within the classical mainstream but with an appealing vanilla character as Marc pointed out.
4. There's certainly no acrid bitter taste on the palate - I enjoy the taste. There is a noticeable touch of bitterness on the finish, but no more than that, and if AA was used in the coloration (I don't know one way or the other) it was done very sparingly.

Overall it's not a classic French-style verte, but it is an interesting absinthe that one could drink with pleasure.

--------------------
...et c’est l’absinthe enfin, la grande absinthe ou la petite, parure chaste des montagnes et des rivages marins, fille des grand vents purs, blé des espaces vierges, emblème de la liberté farouche.
+Quote Post
Steve
post Dec 15 2010, 06:36 PM
Post #33

amateur d'absinthe

Group: Absinthe Mafia
Member No.: 34

I'm just hoping that Rue Verte will stock the new offerings from Zufanek: new St. Antoine and la Grenouille.
+Quote Post
Provenance
post Dec 15 2010, 06:43 PM
Post #34

Antipathist of Light

Member No.: 2442

QUOTE(Oxygenee @ Dec 15 2010, 09:53 AM) *
Don't drag poor Marc into it, it's not his fault, he's just fallen under my evil spell.

I don't doubt that in the least.

--------------------
We all used to be things we aren't anymore.
+Quote Post
Tibro
post Dec 15 2010, 06:47 PM
Post #35

Vaginafly trap

Member No.: 2953

Thank you, Oxy, for your perspective. I will try to refrain from the perverse thought that your comparatively senior membership and accompanying years of exposure to Dr. O's theories may have influenced your opinion about the appropriate level of bitterness in absinthe. I suppose I must either question whether you and I taste things differently or whether we've tasted a product made to a recipe which may be changing. None-the-less, from what I know of Oliva (really, one "i") from my experience I would not choose to pour myself another glass. Obviously, YMMV. But wouldn't you have to admit the protocol they publish as using is a bit, um, unusual? Not exactly confidence inspiring to those who may have thumbed through the old manuals that you make available.

--------------------
When I wake up,
I try to convince myself that my arm
isn't there --
to retain my sanity.

Then I try to convince myself that it is.

Frank Bidart
+Quote Post
Tibro
post Dec 15 2010, 06:54 PM
Post #36

Vaginafly trap

Steve, you can already get St. Antoine from Zufanek's own site, Goodmood, and I'm sure he'll carry the La Grenouille there as well. But I don't know if Rue Verte will ever carry Zufanek's Slivovica or Pivni Palenka, which are both well worth drinking.

--------------------
When I wake up,
isn't there --
to retain my sanity.

Frank Bidart
+Quote Post
Provenance
post Dec 15 2010, 07:03 PM
Post #37

Antipathist of Light

Member No.: 2442

Martin makes the best Slivovica I've had. Shipping charges to the States are a bit much though.

--------------------
We all used to be things we aren't anymore.
+Quote Post
Shabba53
post Dec 15 2010, 09:20 PM
Post #38

Elitist Bastard

Group: Members
Member No.: 2181

QUOTE(Oxygenee @ Dec 15 2010, 01:09 PM) *

Better than Martin's stuff?
+Quote Post
Tibro
post Dec 15 2010, 09:37 PM
Post #39

Vaginafly trap

How many Czech absinthes are there?

--------------------
When I wake up,
isn't there --
to retain my sanity.

Frank Bidart
+Quote Post
Steve
post Dec 15 2010, 11:10 PM
Post #40

amateur d'absinthe

Member No.: 34

Martin's absinthe rocks. The new St. Antoine is light-years ahead of the first and second versions some of us tasted a few years ago. In fact it is so good I would prefer it to most other European or American absinthes, including a lot of top-shelf stuff. In addition, Stefano did some guest distilling at Zufanek's this summer and produced some pretty wonderful stuff: la Grenouille and a distiller's proof of l'Ancienne (formerly known as vintage mysterysinthe) about which I will have more to say soon. It's my understanding that at least the St. Antoine and la Grenouille will be available at the major European distributors soon.
+Quote Post
OCvertDe
post Dec 16 2010, 02:24 AM
Post #41

All I got is wooden tokens

Group: Members
Member No.: 3208

QUOTE(Steve @ Dec 15 2010, 06:10 PM) *
(formerly known as vintage mysterysinthe)

This little cameo appearance may just be the closest thing to God's love I've ever felt.

--------------------
"Hmmm, someone rated Zima higher than Sam Adams? Well, they both blow, so who gives a rat's ass?" -bob_chong
"Clear things up? Most likely not, but we likes things cloudy around here…" -Petermark
"I can't drink at work. We have no ice." -Selmac
"…but it sure would've been a blast to be there on that night." -Absomphe
"here is what absinthe almost tastes like" -Kirk
+Quote Post
G&C
post Dec 16 2010, 03:27 AM
Post #42

Still Master

Member No.: 282

That explains a lot.

--------------------
"If I knew I was going to live this long I'da taken better care of myself." - Kirk

No threat is Friendly.

Just drink it or sink it.
+Quote Post
Donnie Darko
post Dec 16 2010, 12:13 PM
Post #43

Alethiometer

Member No.: 51

QUOTE(Tibro @ Dec 15 2010, 01:54 PM) *

Steve, you can already get St. Antoine from Zufanek's own site, Goodmood, and I'm sure he'll carry the La Grenouille there as well. But I don't know if Rue Verte will ever carry Zufanek's Slivovica or Pivni Palenka, which are both well worth drinking.

Is that the new St. Antoine? Also, while we are witch-hunting salespeople who have a few things on their websites we don't like alongside many things we do like, I see a King of Spirits Absinth bottle graphic on the home page of Martin's site.

He's a Witch!
+Quote Post
Donnie Darko
post Dec 16 2010, 12:20 PM
Post #44

Alethiometer

Member No.: 51

QUOTE(Shabba53 @ Dec 15 2010, 04:20 PM) *

QUOTE(Oxygenee @ Dec 15 2010, 01:09 PM) *

Better than Martin's stuff?

The unit of "Light Years" is only relevant to objects traveling close to the speed of light. Nobody says "My car goes from 0-60 in 1/298 millionth of a light year". Oxy knows no absinthe goes that fast, so he was just making an un-falsifiable statement, trying to trick us into buying crapsinthe.

Incidentally, I'm sure everyone remembers Bugnon coloring one of his absinthes with AA. I'm glad we boycotted everyone who sold his absinthe and put those conniving bastards out of business….
+Quote Post
Tibro
post Dec 16 2010, 01:25 PM
Post #45

Vaginafly trap

Well, I don't think you can sell that kind o' stuff and be a "recommended vendor" too. Can you? I mean, can we get a ruling on this? Aren't there rulez and stuff? I think it would make things simpler if there were rulez.

--------------------
When I wake up,
isn't there --
to retain my sanity.

Frank Bidart
+Quote Post

14 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd January 2018 - 06:32 AM