Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Odyssey, That Ain't No Blues!
Artemis
post Oct 5 2011, 07:41 PM
Post #31

Master of Oblivion

Group: Ragin' Cajun
Member No.: 2

But to keep it on topic, I will consume a mominette of Blues Cat before resuming, after an indefinite intermission.

--------------------
Il arrive souvent que les personnes couvertes d’esprit enflamme courent en appelant du secours.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Tibro
post Oct 5 2011, 07:42 PM
Post #32

Vaginafly trap

Group: Absinthe Mafia
Member No.: 2953

Thanks for the phocal point, but I give a great clammy hug as well. Superhero xit or no.

Can't I get a absinthe, 's what I want to know?

--------------------
When I wake up,
I try to convince myself that my arm
isn't there --
to retain my sanity.

Then I try to convince myself that it is.

Frank Bidart
+Quote Post
Provenance
post Oct 5 2011, 08:20 PM
Post #33

Antipathist of Light

Member No.: 2442

I'm looking forward to future installments -- this is classic. It's "absinthe" in a way that has nothing to do with alcohol.

--------------------
We all used to be things we aren't anymore.
+Quote Post
Jaded Prole
post Oct 5 2011, 08:29 PM
Post #34

Absinthe Mafia

Member No.: 704

Indeed!™

--------------------
A fine absinthe is the product of knowledge, craftsmanship, and talent. An exceptional absinthe is the product of those things plus obsession. Most absinthe is the product of marketing.
+Quote Post
Artemis
post Oct 5 2011, 08:30 PM
Post #35

Master of Oblivion

I didn't sink the mominette, but there's probably no doubt in my mind I'll relish the Stoudt's Scarlet Lady ESB I may or may not drink later mo bettah. It has a head that lingers to the bottom of the glass, like a diminishing foam iceberg on a malty sea, waiting for one last seal to climb aboard and give it a salty hug before it reincarnates as a cloud that smells like Fuggles.
Absinthe is so 1999, it's not even funny.
And right now the muse that calls is Pasithea.
Jack says here's looking at ya!
Attached Image

--------------------
Il arrive souvent que les personnes couvertes d’esprit enflamme courent en appelant du secours.
+Quote Post
Provenance
post Oct 5 2011, 09:38 PM
Post #36

Antipathist of Light

Member No.: 2442

QUOTE(Provenance @ Oct 5 2011, 12:20 PM) *
It's "absinthe" in a way that has nothing to do with alcohol.

It's a beautifully told story. An Admin should pin it.

--------------------
We all used to be things we aren't anymore.
+Quote Post
Jaded Prole
post Oct 5 2011, 11:18 PM
Post #37

Absinthe Mafia

Member No.: 704

Yes it is, but hopefully there's more to come.

--------------------
A fine absinthe is the product of knowledge, craftsmanship, and talent. An exceptional absinthe is the product of those things plus obsession. Most absinthe is the product of marketing.
+Quote Post
Artemis
post Oct 6 2011, 07:17 PM
Post #38

Master of Oblivion

On a Tuesday, we packed up herbs and jars and sheet music and Eric's old box guitar and headed north, just me, Eric, and Rush Limbaugh. I always listen to Rush on the road - it helps make three hours go by. Eric was talking back to Rush quite a bit, engendering quite a bit of discussion between us that at times neared vapor temp (it was bound to happen), but at least there was no vacuum. In Dallas, it was 108 degrees and crispy. Less than 24 hours later near Kankakee, it was 51 degrees and raining. There's a lot to be said for heading north at the right time. Darkness and fatigue had gotten the best of us near Memphis and we had stopped for the night. Although I have reason to believe we all will be received in Graceland, there was no time for a visit to the worldly version. Eric thought one of us should pose with a sign near there. I didn't think it was a good idea. Shotguns and signs like that go together.
Attached Image

--------------------
+Quote Post
Artemis
post Oct 6 2011, 07:34 PM
Post #39

Master of Oblivion

The soft rain and falling temperatures all through Missouri and Illinois were soothing balm. Once on Seinfeld, "Mr. Steinbrenner" told George a cautionary tale about hitchhiking and being picked up by a bakery deliver van:

"Uh huh, I understand what you're saying George and I know what it's like to be financially strapped. When I was a young man in Cleveland I use to hitchhike to work. One time I got picked up by a bakery truck. You think that stuff smells good? Try being cooped up in the back of one of those babies. I couldn't look at a donut for the next two years." You know those things shaped like a Christmas tree that people hang from the rearview mirror to make the car smell good? Imagine an absinthe version and we were the rolling promotion for it. It smells like this:

Attached Image

--------------------
+Quote Post
R3al Caravano
post Oct 7 2011, 03:20 AM
Post #40

Absinthusiast

Group: Members
Member No.: 3844

Rush a better band: pick your extreme (Rush or Maher): all (rating) whores and no useful info. The banter those cat produce does not even generate any useful thought. It only takes a 1 hour sitting of CSPAN 2 to see that no one is saying much aside from that the other guy sucks (that's really fucking useful). Next time you tune in to Rush or Maher remember you are paying for entertainment and perpetuating nothing useful.

Good luck to you and Elvis (and all involved) in your useful endeavors. I'm sure they will sway anyone's mind in a good and memorable light by virtue of their being.

Is that fennel by the way? Mine don't get so fat; I merely grow them for show and let the pretty caterpillars eat them.

--------------------
Keep it r3al.
+Quote Post
Artemis
post Oct 7 2011, 01:52 PM
Post #41

Master of Oblivion

Yes, it's fennel. It's in decent focus in the raw picture; reducing the size messed it up quite a bit.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Artemis
post Oct 11 2011, 05:16 PM
Post #42

Master of Oblivion

Eric immediately disappeared upstairs to root for boyhood treasures (guitar magazines, original Alice Cooper LPs, etc.) while I kicked back in the parlor. A rainy afternoon in a quiet, elegant old house is a blessing. Friendly dogs are icing on the cake. Later, we had take-out barbeque on the table, Eric's mom was home from work, and people dropped in - Eric's brother John, and his friends Guy and Frank. Guy is a very tall guy. He had no shoes, always a promising sign. He had been surfing in Lake Michigan in the rain. Frank is a very gentle, sweet guy. I didn't realize at the time they are in fact blues cats.
Attached Image
Rainy Day Parlor
Yeah I know, there's plenty of sunshine through the window. I took that picture the following day, so I wouldn't have to use the flash. I don't like the flash.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Artemis
post Oct 11 2011, 05:31 PM
Post #43

Master of Oblivion

Attached Image
Eric and his mom. She's 78, owns her house free and clear, and teaches dancing. She told me she taught dancing in New Orleans in her youth.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Artemis
post Oct 11 2011, 05:51 PM
Post #44

Master of Oblivion

The next day Eric helped his Mom in the yard and then got ready to go and meet his stepmother. I was going to stick around the house. His father died a few years back and his stepmom is very sick, and from all reports, reclusive and doesn't want to see anybody. We decided it was better not to bring a stranger around, but at the last minute Eric said, "To hell with it - let's go, you need to see this place!". And I was happy I did. Dad ran a radio and later car stereo repair and installation business in South Bend from the 1950s. It grew over the years to include more than that, and the building now houses the remains of the business and a lot of things Dad collected over the years. It's a museum of an American dad - a fascinating place. We spent half the day there and I never stopped finding cool things to appreciate.

Attached Image

--------------------
+Quote Post
Artemis
post Oct 11 2011, 05:57 PM
Post #45

Master of Oblivion

Attached Image
Jay would have liked this place - lots of aviation stuff. That's Eric's dad in the photo behind his helmet liner, and in the photo of the red Ferrari.

--------------------
+Quote Post

10 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th January 2018 - 02:07 AM