Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Order from SC arrived
Mephistopheles
post Oct 2 2003, 02:50 AM
Post #16

Absinthusiast

Group: Members
Member No.: 31

You can ban me if you like Icarus, that is the only way that you can keep me from telling my story about marcus. I can tell you that it goes further than a supposed customs seizure but who cares huh?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TaLi
post Oct 2 2003, 03:52 AM
Post #17

Novitiate

Member No.: 77

not me really... I deal with LDF....... but I am planning on ordering from marcus here soon.... so I'll tell you what I think sp_ike.gif

--------------------
souvent des périodes je bois pour oublier, autre et des périodes bien plus mauvaises que j'oublie de boire
+Quote Post
Lord Stanley
post Oct 2 2003, 04:11 AM
Post #18

Vito Von Sawchuck

Member No.: 73

Everybody here makes Marcus sound like a standup guy so I wouldn't object to ordering from him in the future and I haven't had any problems dealing with Spirits Corner. Plus, people keep telling me that Cristina is really cute. Sorry Marcus but I don't think you're my type with that damn Y chromosome and all.

That said, I think that my next order will be the 3-pack of 68, Sapin and la Blanche from LdF given all the talk about these being the best commercial absinthes on the market. Vive la France... fleur.gif

--------------------
Faith is believing what you know ain't so. - MT
+Quote Post
Balzdeep
post Oct 2 2003, 04:46 AM
Post #19

Absinthusiast

From: Neither here nor there...Neithernere? Nyethornare? Bill Nye looks like Thor after using Nair?
Member No.: 57

Good Lord, Stanley, you're right on both behalves. Markus is a great guy, willing to help you out and always trying make it easier for us to get our products. I am sure this recent problem with customs has him on his toes looking for a great answer to our problems.

And Cristina IS a cutie -- been awhile since her pic's been posted here, so here it is!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
If you can read this, you are sitting too close to your monitor.
+Quote Post
Rimbaud
post Oct 2 2003, 02:39 PM
Post #20

L'Enfant Terrible

Group: Absinthe Mafia
Member No.: 17

QUOTE (Mephistopheles @ Oct 1 2003, 10:50 PM)
You can ban me if you like Icarus, that is the only way that you can keep me from telling my story about marcus. I can tell you that it goes further than a supposed customs seizure but who cares huh?

It IS you! The equation is simple:

Starz-O-Plenty + crying about Markus = Brainfog!

--------------------
"A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous. Got me?"
"That's right, The Mascara Snake. Fast and bulbous! Also, a tin teardrop!"
"Bulbous, also tapered."
+Quote Post
Icarus
post Oct 2 2003, 03:30 PM
Post #21

Shut Up and Sit Down!!!

Member No.: 5

I wouldn't ban anyone for anything.

This isn't a police state forum. People are allowed to say what they want about whatever they want... chop.gif I was merely telling you to get over it. You gambled, you lost, so don't go crying to mommy about it.

Markus will ship what you order, and Markus will try to help when he is obviously in the wrong. But it clearly states on his site that he will not be responsible for seized parcels. It's that simple.

It sucks that it happened. I'm sorry you lost money. I'm sorry that your first experience with a vendor left a bad taste in your mouth. Just stop whining about it already. headbonk.gif

--------------------
Absinthe is the new Jager.
+Quote Post
Donnie Darko
post Oct 2 2003, 05:38 PM
Post #22

Alethiometer

Member No.: 51

As far as confiscated packages, Markus is working on fixing that problem. That solution will probably cost $12 more in shipping, but there IS a solution.

Markus doesn't like his packages being confiscated any more than you do, as it means he then has to deal with people running around saying "don't order from Markus, your package will be confiscated", which could end up costing him WAY more in lost business than a few confiscated bottles cost you.

+Quote Post
Donnie Darko
post Oct 2 2003, 05:52 PM
Post #23

Alethiometer

QUOTE (Mephistopheles @ Oct 1 2003, 06:34 PM)
For those who don't know, If your "illegal booze" is lost in shipment, not even customs, LDF will work with you. In the same situation marcus will say sorry and email you a copy of the I'm not at fault and don't care part of his website. Best of luck.

Hey smarty pants, Markus looked into using LDFs courier, but it would make your shipping charges more than double, as he would have to ship it to the UK and then to the US. Then all you'd do is bitch about how expensive his shipping is. AND most of Markus's orders do go through, it just depends on where you happen to live in the US. And it turns out there are ways around customs.ph34r.gif

It's not like Markus is sitting on some beach in Cancun laughing with your money in his pocket. He's making a concentrated effort to find an affordable alternative to his current shipping method, so cheer up, grumpy smurf.
headbonk.gif
+Quote Post
Marc Chevalier
post Oct 2 2003, 05:58 PM
Post #24

Elite Absinthe Enforcer

Member No.: 29

It's true. Markus is one of the good guys. If he isn't perfect, it's certainly not because he isn't trying. I've only had postive experiences with Markus, and it seems to me that sellers like him get better and better ... because they want to.
+Quote Post
celticgent
post Oct 2 2003, 07:02 PM
Post #25

i punch mommies

Member No.: 50

QUOTE (Rimbaud @ Oct 2 2003, 06:39 AM)

It IS you! The equation is simple:

Starz-O-Plenty + crying about Markus = Brainfog!

Rimmy, i'm just waiting for the Tom Waits quotes every other post....

(FTR I love Tom Waits, I just hate whiners....especially whiners quoting my man Tom.) ranting.gif

--------------------
permanent vacation.
+Quote Post
Herr Hepcat
post Oct 3 2003, 09:29 PM
Post #26

Absinthusiast

Member No.: 88

Hmmm, so, how long should I wait for an order from Markus before I get worried?
+Quote Post
Herr Hepcat
post Oct 3 2003, 09:33 PM
Post #27

Absinthusiast

So, I made a couple Orders with SC, but chose regular shipping, guess I'm not in that big of a hurry.

I also recently made a fairly large order from Markus (at least large in my standards). It says 10 days, it's been 10 days, at what point should I get worried?

(Not to say at all that it would be Markus' fault, but that would suck if it was confiscated.)

btw, I'm in California.
+Quote Post
Donnie Darko
post Oct 4 2003, 02:28 AM
Post #28

Alethiometer

Give it 2 more weeks, then get worried. Shipping times to the West Coast are unpredictable. East coast is 5-10 days.
+Quote Post
Herr Hepcat
post Oct 6 2003, 04:42 PM
Post #29

Absinthusiast

Well, Friday I got one of those 'we have a package you must sign for, whatch's want us to do with it?' notes from the post office today. Hope it's from Markus. Either way, NEW ORDER!!!!

I am a novice when it comes to Absinthe, so I decided to start off with a bang, and spent about $1300.00 on a bunch of Absinthe. If the bottle would look good in a collection, I ordered 2, one to drink, one to shelve.

The only 2 I've had so far are Sebor (talk about fast shipping), and Un Emilie (same fast shipping).

Sebor I didn't like at 3:1 water:Sebor, but 5:1, I actually found it quite pleasent. From what I've read though, I'm not sure I'll be order any other Czech Absinthe any time soon.

Un Emilie, great product, gotta stay away from that one, when I finished my first glass, I immediately wanted another.

Soon enough I'll have an 'Absinthe Display' in my house, and will be able to consider myself at least an afficianado.

The coolest addition recently aquired was probably the most beutiful (for my tastes at least), absinthe fountains I've seen. But I have to wait for shipping again, and this one is coming from Luxembourg!!!

Oh well, here it is!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...tegory=118&rd=1
+Quote Post
Rimbaud
post Oct 6 2003, 07:42 PM
Post #30

L'Enfant Terrible

Member No.: 17

That's not an absinthe fountain.

--------------------
"A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous. Got me?"
"That's right, The Mascara Snake. Fast and bulbous! Also, a tin teardrop!"
"Bulbous, also tapered."
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th January 2018 - 01:04 PM