Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Catskill Absinthe Gathering
sbmac
post Oct 22 2012, 12:32 AM
Post #1

Absinthusiast

Group: Members
Member No.: 3876

Hi everyone! Some of you might remember the 2010 event in the Catskills. Well, Julie of Catskill Cellars, Cheryl of DP Distillery, and yours truly, are putting together another event. It is free, and open to anyone who loves absinthe!

The "Catskill Absinthe Gathering" will be a free all-day event Saturday April 20th, 2013. It will include a meeting for lunch to connect/reconnect with friends, followed by a tour of Delaware Phoenix Distillery. After this, we will meet in the B&B Victoria Rose for a workshop/tasting session featuring a demonstration of historical absinthe antiques, and the various methods used to prepare absinthe during the Belle Époque. People will be able to prepare a glass of absinthe in whatever manner they choose. We will then break for a group dinner, followed by a party with much absinthe and good friends in the same magical Victorian Bed & Breakfast, which is filled with amazing antiques and a romantic atmosphere. The event officially ends after breakfast the following morning. It is limited to 20 people, reservations required. Please PM me if you'd like to come, and I can provide lodging details! This is open to all, from any forum, and any level of absinthe experience. We can promise you will have a very special time.

It is a BYO event, so please bring as many bottles and glasses as you can to share. We can promise a diverse array of absinthe from around the world. I hope to see some of you there! -Scott
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
sbmac
post Jan 7 2013, 03:17 PM
Post #2

Absinthusiast

Hey guys, just letting you know the date for this has been moved to the following weekend, Sat April 27th.
It would be great to see some of guys make it!

+Quote Post
Kirk
post Jan 7 2013, 04:58 PM
Post #3

tool making biped

Group: Absinthe Mafia
Member No.: 193

Sounds like fun, I'd love to see Julie again.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Jack Batemaster
post Jan 7 2013, 05:25 PM
Post #4

Le maistre d'appastate

Member No.: 127

Je pense que je serai très occupé …

--------------------

Mon but est simplement d'obtenir Ricard hors de l'absinthe, juste lêchez le reste d'entre eux …
Mon but est simplement d'obtenir Ricard hors de l'absinthe, juste lêchez le reste d'entre eux …
+Quote Post
Jaded Prole
post Jan 7 2013, 05:57 PM
Post #5

Absinthe Mafia

Member No.: 704

Sounds like a good time. I'd like to make it.

--------------------
A fine absinthe is the product of knowledge, craftsmanship, and talent. An exceptional absinthe is the product of those things plus obsession. Most absinthe is the product of marketing.
+Quote Post
Tibro
post Jan 7 2013, 07:41 PM
Post #6

Vaginafly trap

Member No.: 2953

Will beer drinkers and tea-totalers be welcomed with equal enthusiasm?

--------------------
When I wake up,
I try to convince myself that my arm
isn't there --
to retain my sanity.

Then I try to convince myself that it is.

Frank Bidart
+Quote Post
sbmac
post Jan 7 2013, 08:02 PM
Post #7

Absinthusiast

Not that I'm aware of, but it's open to all. Frankly, I'd be happy to see some of the folks I know from the various forums and FB groups get together…the ones I've met are quality people with common ground.
+Quote Post
sbmac
post Mar 12 2013, 10:01 PM
Post #8

Absinthusiast

We've got about 11 people so far, room for more. It would be great to meet some of you guys in the real world.

PM me if you're interested. It's shaping up to be a great time.

Hmmm…. that post about tea-totals looks a bit different than the one I responded to. I guess one or two designated drivers is always good.
+Quote Post
Jack Batemaster
post Mar 13 2013, 04:16 PM
Post #9

Le maistre d'appastate

Member No.: 127

Je suis très occupé …

--------------------

+Quote Post
sbmac
post Mar 13 2013, 08:10 PM
Post #10

Absinthusiast

Yeah, we knew that.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th July 2018 - 03:53 PM