Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rimbaud Bar
Provenance
post Feb 24 2014, 04:25 PM
Post #1

Antipathist of Light

Group: Absinthe Mafia
Member No.: 2442

That night, I had a simple meal of stew, wine and bread. I went back to my room, but I could not aear to to stay there alone. I washed and changed clothes, slipped on my raincoat, and ventured into the Charleville night. It was quite dark and I walked the wide and empty quai Rimbaud. I felt a little affraid, and then, in the diatnce, I saw a tiny light, a neon sign--Rimbaud Bar. I stopped and took a breath, unable to believe my good fortune. I advanced slowly, afraid it might diasappear like a mirage in the desert. It was a white stucco bar with one small window. There was no one around. I entered tentatively. It was dimly lit and mainly inhabited by boys, angry-faced fellows, leaning against the jukebox. A few faded pictures of Arthur were tacked on the walls. I ordered a Pernod and water as it seemed the closest to absinthe. The jukebox played a crazy mix of Charles Aznavour, country tunes, and Cat Stevens.
-- P. Smith

--------------------
We all used to be things we aren't anymore.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
delirium
post Feb 25 2014, 05:29 AM
Post #2

Absinthusiast

Group: Members
Member No.: 4030

I could not aear to read this sober.. and unfortunately there was no Pernod or absinthe in near diatnce.

--------------------
"Life is like stepping onto a boat which is about to sail out to sea and sink." -Shunryu Suzuki
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th January 2018 - 05:36 PM