Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Okay, wake the hell up!
Kirk
post Mar 18 2014, 01:43 PM
Post #16

tool making biped

Group: Absinthe Mafia
Member No.: 193

I never joined F.B. I'm no over socializer, the wife did though and after she quit, Zuckerberg stalked her, it was annoying and a little sick, every few days he would send a picture of one of our daughters and say something like
" S is very sad, please come back" or "T. misses you very much and wishes you'd come back", none of those comments were initiated by friends, just Mark Zuckerberg being needy, really pissed me off in a way that is hard to describe, cursed long and deep, maybe.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jaded Prole
post Mar 18 2014, 02:01 PM
Post #17

Absinthe Mafia

Member No.: 704

F.B is creepy. It tracks users even when they aren't there, raids their email lists and sends stuff out. People are attracted because of the contact and the illusion of being more connected but its a scam to collect information and target advertising. Some of the "friends" people think they have are bots. Some are NSA posers.

--------------------
A fine absinthe is the product of knowledge, craftsmanship, and talent. An exceptional absinthe is the product of those things plus obsession. Most absinthe is the product of marketing.
+Quote Post
Artemis
post Mar 18 2014, 02:13 PM
Post #18

Master of Oblivion

Group: Ragin' Cajun
Member No.: 2

If I worked for NSA, I'd stand in line to specialize in fucking with Facebook losers. Hell, I'd take a pay cut.

--------------------
Il arrive souvent que les personnes couvertes d’esprit enflamme courent en appelant du secours.
+Quote Post
Artemis
post Mar 18 2014, 02:17 PM
Post #19

Master of Oblivion

Zuckerberg

Had no idea WTF that is, had to look it up, found it under howdy doody hypocrite:
http://money.cnn.com/2014/03/13/technology...zuckerberg-nsa/

--------------------
Il arrive souvent que les personnes couvertes d’esprit enflamme courent en appelant du secours.
+Quote Post
Tibro
post Mar 18 2014, 03:45 PM
Post #20

Vaginafly trap

Member No.: 2953

I have relatives, in-laws to be specific, that recently used SpaceFook for an intercontinental drag out bloodbath. Mother and teenage daughter. Hard to tell which one's which from their posts. I wouldn't have known anything about it, not being a member of the Howdy-Poopie Klub myself. Happens one of the parties is currently lodged in my guest room though. Yeah, it's a right jolly intervention. Why someone would want more information on these people is beyond me. I'm sorry I know as much as I do.

--------------------
When I wake up,
I try to convince myself that my arm
isn't there --
to retain my sanity.

Then I try to convince myself that it is.

Frank Bidart
+Quote Post
Provenance
post Mar 18 2014, 07:31 PM
Post #21

Antipathist of Light

Member No.: 2442

QUOTE(pikkle @ Mar 14 2014, 08:45 PM) *
So what the hell, how did this forum get so lame???

Insufficient drinking.

--------------------
We all used to be things we aren't anymore.
+Quote Post
Artemis
post Mar 24 2014, 12:55 AM
Post #22

Master of Oblivion

Some time ago; it was probably years ago, I created an account at Youtube, in case I ever wanted to post a comment. I never did post one; I never even signed in.
Last week I saw a comment there, inquiring about a guitar tuning, and I knew the answer. I decided to sign in, moreso to see if it still worked than anything else. I wasn't sure I really wanted to make a post. The page shifted immediately to a Google page. WTF has Google to do with Youtube?
As it turns out, everything. My ancient and unused alias had long been in the trashcan, but it gets even better:
http://gigaom.com/2013/11/11/users-outrage...l-names-policy/
So much for ever signing in at Youtube, but no great loss.
The policy itself has clear intentions: take away anonymity, and there’s a possibility that Youtube’s comments will have better moderation. The website is already colloquially known for having some of the worst trolls and comments on the internet at large
frusty.gif
Real names do add a certain value to the Internet, especially for rent-seekers. I mean, how else would anybody know where to send the money?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Provenance
post Mar 24 2014, 02:30 PM
Post #23

Antipathist of Light

Member No.: 2442

Real Names?

--------------------
We all used to be things we aren't anymore.
+Quote Post
Jaded Prole
post Mar 24 2014, 05:36 PM
Post #24

Absinthe Mafia

Member No.: 704

All the better for information accumulation and tracking . . .

--------------------
A fine absinthe is the product of knowledge, craftsmanship, and talent. An exceptional absinthe is the product of those things plus obsession. Most absinthe is the product of marketing.
+Quote Post
Grim
post Mar 24 2014, 08:57 PM
Post #25

La Faucheuse

Member No.: 434

Hey pikkle.

Things have gotten pretty lame. A little gasoline, Vaseline, torches and lighters should fix that.

--------------------
O how noble it appeared to my childish admiration when he returned… indifferent to the violent scenes and mute reproaches alike.
+Quote Post
Artemis
post Mar 24 2014, 09:18 PM
Post #26

Master of Oblivion

That occurred to me when I was musing about whether the conversation about Brut took place here, or a place that wound up incinterated. IPB Image torch.gif w00t2.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Hillbilly
post Mar 24 2014, 10:14 PM
Post #27

Can't get right

Group: Members
Member No.: 4120

I certainly enjoyed reading every bit of the information shared in that conversation. What a vast wealth of knowledge in this place. I'm a smarter man for it.

--------------------
“Only the mountain has lived long enough to listen objectively to the howl of the wolf.” Aldo Leopold

Them's what picks together.…sticks together.
+Quote Post
Kirk
post Jun 7 2014, 03:30 AM
Post #28

tool making biped

Member No.: 193

A revolution took place here, I like to think it's alive. For me, it is a last bastion of green men, the few to flower among the mo(u)ld(e), a clumsy attempt at actual community.
It's hard to believe that the people (provisionally) in charge enabled it, allowed it and even encouraged it to be,

--------------------
+Quote Post
sbmac
post Jun 7 2014, 06:36 PM
Post #29

Absinthusiast

Group: Members
Member No.: 3876

Well, I'm glad to know you noodle-heads. Thanks to a couple of you for helping me to the next level of understanding the art in the last couple months. You know who you are. Cheers. Looking forward to fine-tuning, and honoring the gift I was given.

+Quote Post
Artemis
post Jun 7 2014, 08:14 PM
Post #30

Master of Oblivion

Although I'm no longer quoting birthday boys and girls for posteriority, sometimes I do retrieve a birthday person's posts strictly for entertainment purposes. Today I found this:
http://www.feeverte.net/forum/index.php?sh...c=3581&st=0
I was perturbed by the ferocity of my response to Absinthesizer, who is one of the few still around (at least I think he is). It occurs to me that sometimes I took the devil's advocate thing too far. It's not that I didn't mean what I was saying on some level, but I had no loyalty to it. I could well have asked myself (probably did), why am I meaning this, and not something else? In any case, today I understand and am in almost complete sympathy with Absinthesizer's post, and to him I apologize for being an asshole lo these many years ago. Better late than never. No, that's not true, sometimes it's better never than late. But whatever.

--------------------
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th January 2018 - 12:38 PM