Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Collecting whisky, From the BBC
Kirk
post Aug 20 2014, 01:31 PM
Post #31

tool making biped

Group: Absinthe Mafia
Member No.: 193

What a dreamer, sadly, not a prophet. I camp with the tramp.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Artemis
post Aug 20 2014, 10:07 PM
Post #32

Master of Oblivion

Group: Ragin' Cajun
Member No.: 2

Don't know how I missed that.
The movie I saw was the Bluebeard story, but Charlie had turned it into a comedy, trying to poison women, almost poisoning himself, slapstick, etc. but in the end when he was in jail and awaiting execution it was deadly serious; he refused confession to the priest and showed no remorse. It was a little unsettling.
It reminded me of the Seinfeld espisode wherein Kramer went to Hollywood and met an ancient silent film star who told him about the movie she was in with the Three Stooges, who were wrongly accused of kidnapping a baby, sent to prison and executed. The look of shock Kramer's face was priceless - all he could say was "that was an unusual turn for the Stooges ... ".

--------------------
Il arrive souvent que les personnes couvertes d’esprit enflamme courent en appelant du secours.
+Quote Post
Kirk
post Oct 9 2014, 11:23 PM
Post #33

tool making biped

I have some antique bottles, sealed and full, but the only way I know to tell if they are worth anything is to drink them, all from the late fifties; Prinz rare and fine german brandy, Moquin brandy, st remy extra fine napoleon, ancient age 10 year bourbon, king william vop scotch. and a bottle of tangueray gin with the charles tanguery tag on it. Also 2 bottles of chateau couronne cru exceptional, 1970 and 2 of lynch bages, grand cru, same year, good storage and good appearance. Does any of that sound interesting to anyone?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kirk
post Oct 10 2014, 01:26 PM
Post #34

tool making biped

I cracked open the Prinz German brandy and the stuff is tasty as all get out. An old bottle of J Dantz whiskey tasted pretty good too. At 45 years old on the red wine I don't think I'll bother opening it, looks pretty though.

--------------------
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2018 - 07:44 AM