Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

19 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The new Art Hole
Kallisti
post Feb 9 2004, 05:23 PM
Post #1

Unregistered

The previous topic did so well I thought I'd give it it's own hole.

Post yer Art or vacation snaps!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Kirk
post Feb 19 2004, 03:11 PM
Post #2

tool making biped

Group: Absinthe Mafia
Member No.: 193

O.K. , you first though . I know you got some stuff put back, or some good stuff coming.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
traineraz
post Feb 20 2004, 04:08 AM
Post #3

Absinthe Mafia

Member No.: 38

Well, if nobody ELSE is going to . . . I'll just have to post my masterwork, "Cleanliness is Next to Oddliness"

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
"Now that we've defined what marriage is, we need to take that further and say children deserve to be in that relationship." - Greg Quinlan of Ohio's Pro-Family Network, a conservative Christian group which apparently promotes pedophilia.

. . . and don't forget to read the FAQ and check out the Absinthe Buyer's Guide for brand reviews and distributor links!
+Quote Post
Head_prosthesis
post Feb 20 2004, 04:16 AM
Post #4

The original "red headed sausage wrangler"

Group: Admin
Member No.: 8

HAHAHAHAA!!! YAY!!!! harhar.gif
+Quote Post
Patlow
post Mar 7 2004, 04:56 PM
Post #5

Insert gang name here

Member No.: 470

i'm trying to put a photo here, but the site won't let me. do you know what i have to do to picture to be able to upload it here. as it is, i think it is a .bmp

???

--------------------
L. D. C. - Outer Space Division
+Quote Post
Kirk
post Mar 8 2004, 03:50 PM
Post #6

tool making biped

Trim it to 51200 bytes or less.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Steve
post Mar 10 2004, 09:38 AM
Post #7

amateur d'absinthe

Member No.: 34

also, don't preview it, just post it.
+Quote Post
Kirk
post Mar 31 2004, 04:19 PM
Post #8

tool making biped

Off Topic From my other favorite forum:

Hydraulic Die Forming Discussion Group

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OT: More Funny BMG Stuff
Dar Shelton
sheltech@yahoo.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For those of you who missed the bit on Blue Man Group's
widespread influence on early 20th Century modern art...
(Tongues firmly in cheeks now)
Two of the most important painters to emerge from this new generation were Vincent van Gogh and Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec. Although their painting styles differed considerably, the two shared one common feature; they both hung out in bars with the Blue Man Group in the late 80's and early 90's.
In 1888, van Gogh painted a portrait of Blue Man Group at a local tavern in the south of France. The resulting painting (Night Cafe) offers a glimpse into how much influence Blue Man Group's presence had on van Gogh's emerging style. To begin with, notice how van Gogh extends the "pattern of three" from the Blue Man Group into the rest of the room: three light lamps, three billiard table legs, three people to the left and three to the right. Even the minute hand on the clock touches the number three. Perhaps more importantly, the bold way van Gogh depicted the hanging lamps with their exuberant radiations of color was also apparently inspired by Blue Man Group. In a letter to his brother Theo, van Gogh writes:

"When looking into the eyes of the Blue Man Group today, I could almost feel an energy radiating out of them. Could this energy be painted? Might I be able to paint not just what I see, but how I feel about what I see? Tonight I should like to try an experiment on the tavern lanterns to see if such a thing is possible."
Indeed, the resulting lamps look more like eyeballs than lanterns. And the radiating painting experiment, apparently viewed by van Gogh as a success, informed all of his work that was to follow - including Starry Night., 1889.
Sadly, over time, van Gogh's fascination with Blue Man Group turned into obsession. Recently discovered letters reveal that van Gogh developed a delusional determination to join Blue Man Group. He wrote to his brother, Theo, that he was feeling optimistic over his chances of getting into the group after taking several successful drum lessons. But this euphoria soon turned to melancholy after van Gogh seemed to decide on his own that his large protruding ears would most likely forever hinder his chances of becoming a Blue Man. Little else is known on the subject.
By the nineties, Blue Man Group had found a new bar to hang out in; the Moulin Rouge. It was here that Blue Man Group began developing several small indoor pieces for the first time. Lautrec captured this historic period in his painting "At The Moulin Rouge" (1892).

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kirk
post Apr 1 2004, 12:14 AM
Post #9

tool making biped

http://www.blueman.com/about_bmg/art3.shtml

Throughout the first two decades of the twentieth century, Blue Man Group continued to develop new material at places like Dixon Place, Performance Space 122 and on the Vaudville circuit. During this period, Blue Man Group appeared several times on the same bill as the young Marx Brothers - it is now believed that one of Blue Man Group’s pieces from this period, called "Shadows", was the inspiration for the classic mirror scene in the Marx Brothers film "Duck Soup".

In 1928, sculptor Constantin Brancusi had heard through the grapevine that Blue Man Group was going to perform a piece that promised to express the soul’s desire to "soar upward" with a show called "Exalted Moments". Brancusi had been working on his Bird In Space series which was dealing with similar themes of ascension and "the essence of flight." In the piece, performed at King Tut's Wah Wah Hut, Blue Man Group jumped up and down incessantly for twenty minutes. That night Brancusi wrote in his journal that, "Blue Man Group was very brave, but the piece was pathetic." As a gesture of encouragement, Brancusi gave the Blue Man Group his lesser known piece "Bird In Palmolive".

By 1930, Blue Man Group had developed their first full length theater piece which they called "Untitled" (they were the first to do this). The image shown here, depicting a scene from the play, appeared on the cover of the Playbill for the production. This was clearly the inspiration for Salvador Dali's "The Persistence of Memory" from the same year. It is interesting to note that although Dali’s version of this image went on to become one of the most widely known paintings in the Surrealistic Movement, Blue Man Group’s theater set, which looked almost exactly the same, was in no way intended to evoke dream states, hidden subconscious symbols, or anything surrealistic for that matter. Instead, the sagging clocks and unusual background were simply the result of Blue Man Group’s process which naturally gravitates toward cool images and things that are gooey.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Brandon
post Aug 6 2006, 07:29 AM
Post #10

Novitiate

Group: Members
Member No.: 2225

Turd Sandwhich is pretty funny too :)
(If you've watched South Park, You'll get the joke)
+Quote Post
Kirk
post Sep 26 2006, 05:59 PM
Post #11

tool making biped

Myopie grille.
N.F.S.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kirk
post Sep 26 2006, 06:01 PM
Post #12

tool making biped

6"X9" copper. Pressed spoons and grilles, enameled, torched.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kirk
post Sep 26 2006, 08:37 PM
Post #13

tool making biped

System two:

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
+Quote Post
Absomphe
post Sep 26 2006, 10:53 PM
Post #14

Cozy Nostril Originale

Member No.: 66

HA!

And grate too.

--------------------
I've scrubbed my sigs with Oxy Clean™.
+Quote Post
Head_prosthesis
post Sep 26 2006, 10:54 PM
Post #15

The original "red headed sausage wrangler"

Group: Admin
Member No.: 8

When Kirk starts working the magic,
he can see into the future.
+Quote Post

19 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th January 2018 - 01:29 PM