Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Other Edourd Pernod Bottle on Ebay
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Vintage Absinthe
Conju
The OTHER White meat

Way too rich for my wallet. Wish I could have it though.....
verbal_kraze
DAMN, that is a beautiful thing,
Absomphe
Oh, the pain, the pain, Will Robinson!!!
Hiram
I saw that earlier. I sat here and just stared at the screen for like 10 minutes, trying to figure out some way. But it ain't gonna happen.

I wonder if Oxy could use it as a tax write-off if he donated it to an educational institution dedicated to the study of the long-term effects of absinthe abuse, like WS. dev.gif
Absomphe
Smooth move, Dude! dev.gif
Deluge
I have a few thousand to spend on a new car. blink.gif

Who needs a car? chickawow.gif
Jack Batemaster
I'm thinking about it...
Deluge
Do it, do it!!! absintheglass-glow2.gif
Lord Stanley
I wonder what the reserve is set at considering the one on his site was listed at 3800 Euros. I thought about throwing down a bid for about 2 grand but I'm sure it would never win anyways.
Absomphe
The reserve might be $4500, or so.

There's dedication, and then there's dedication... wacko.gif
Jack Batemaster
Nah, I'm worried about another customs confiscation. Imagine that!
Lord Stanley
Do you think there's any chance that Customs would let that bottle in since it truly is a rare collectible as opposed to something to get sloshed on over the weekend?
Absomphe
It's really tough to imagine, but I'll suspend my disbelief, just this once! abs-cheers.gif
Absomphe
I think there's a hell of chance they'd STEAL the mutha!
Conju
I'm sure oxy puts insurance on an order THAT tall....
Absomphe
Yes, but money comes and goes...bottles like that, on the other hand...
G&C
..get confiscated by the man.
Because he is the man.
Absomphe

INDEED!!!
Absomphe
Wow...

I've never used gray before...

It really sucks!!!
Jack Batemaster
If I find out who buys the bottle and their address, purchasing a plane ticket might be worth a "confiscation" before it makes it to their door.
Hiram
There's a special Hell set aside for people who do things like that.
Jack Batemaster
You're good at Photoshop. I need a fake ATF ID card.

Are you in for 1/2?
dr_ordinaire
It seems that some 40 to 50 mL of alcohol have evaporated from the bottle.

I believe this absinthe was 68% alcohol, so that loss would bring the alcohol content to 64/63%.

I've always heard that less than 68% would precipitate the chlorophyll, but this bottle looks pretty green to me.

Any ideas?

Also, what would be the "proper" way to drink this: as is, or after replenishing the original alcohol level?
Donnie Darko
QUOTE (Dr_Ordinaire @ Apr 26 2004, 04:28 PM)

I've always heard that less than 68% would precipitate the chlorophyll, but this bottle looks pretty green to me.

Any ideas?

I doubt it's very green. Those bottles are tinted so you can't really tell.

As far as customs go, I've had 2 vintage bottles clear customs without incident.
Wolfgang
"The item you requested (3674531420) is invalid, still pending, or no longer in our database."
Patlow
sold?
D. Gray
QUOTE (Wolfgang @ Apr 26 2004, 11:17 PM)
"The item you requested (3674531420) is invalid, still pending, or no longer in our database."

I get the same message...

Too bad I would have loved to see it
Hiram
QUOTE (Jack Batemaster @ Apr 26 2004, 04:45 PM)
You're good at Photoshop. I need a fake ATF ID card.

Are you in for 1/2?

You're on!!

Too bad I would have loved to see it

It's the one in the middle.
Absomphe
Patlow:

I don't think it was sold, otherwise that invalid item message wouldn't be there...the auction would have come up, and an explanation of why the seller ended it, would have been there as well.

In the middle of an auction, when an "invalid item" message appears, and the auction disappears, it generally means the item was pulled by ebay. This only happens when someone reports the item as improper.

Pretty shitty thing to do, in my opinion. I loathe meddling, self righteous, stoolpigeons!

Or jealous competitors.
Laurent
QUOTE (Hiram @ Apr 26 2004, 06:44 PM)
There's a special Hell set aside for people who do things like that.

...and in some cases, nine shots in the clip, too.
Conju
Not that it matters now, but the reserve price was set at $3750
hartsmar
So... That "Edourd", is that like an old secret brand that no one ever heard of before? I sure haven't

harhar.gif
Absomphe
C'mon Hartsmar, everyone knows that Conju Kant Spiel!
hartsmar
Troo, troo... That is why he drinks alone...
Absomphe
Well, that, and his recurrent renditions of routines from "The Family Guy", to fill in lags in the conversation! wacko.gif
Conju
You and eire would know it best, after I rattled that giganto one off at his place.
Absomphe
You just HAD to remind me of that didn't you?...

It wasn't bad enough that I subjected myself to the torture of "Jackass: the Movie". frusty.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.