Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: spot the snake
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > Mr. Creepy's Art Hole
Yve
this is a picture of a sumatran short tail python aka black blood python that is in my care. The chair that he's sitting on is upholstered in a polyester snake skin print that coincidently matches the snake quite well.
user posted image
Kirk
Way Cool Pic.
dangerousangels
A very pretty animal, Yve. Do you have any close ups of the slinky one's face? And it is what, 4ft. or so in length? That's a nice size snake.

very much indeed, a cool pic.
G&C
What snake?
Yve
he's probably a little shorter than 4ft. This species is very stalky but short in length. I do indeed have some close ups of the face. He has wicked red eyes and looks mean but is very placid.
One of my favourites.
user posted image
user posted image
Gertz
What a beauty!

(yelled the Steve Irwin way).
G&C
Yes, now I can see the snake.

Nice snake.
Yve
thanks all....since you like Jet..I'll share more of the collection..
ball pythons...there are 3 in the pic..ages 8 months, 3 years and 11yrs.
user posted image
Zenobia, the redtail boa from Guyana
user posted image
albino burmese python, Miss Luna Tyk, 1.5yrs, 9ft approx. 50 lbs
user posted image
variable kingsnake
user posted image
Artemis
This one's a little easier to spot:

Yve
you know for a second I actually thought you might have something nice to say...but I guess you take things all to personal and there's no getting over it.
fyi...that pic has been around for awhile and its staged, but I won't bother explaining because I'm sure you're perfectly happy believing it to be a true scenario which makes me think of you pretty much what you think of me.
hartsmar
Awww. Give it a rest already!
Absomphe
QUOTE (Artemis @ Jun 3 2004, 03:37 PM)
This one's a little easier to spot:

Ah...

Nothin' like dinner in the Ozarks.

A little 10 W/40 for a condiment, and you're good to go!
Artemis
that pic has been around for awhile and its staged

http://www.snopes.com/photos/carsnake.asp
Donnie Darko
It's not photoshopped, but you posted that picture to personally attack YVE you mean bad mean meanie. You probably impale babies on spikes, feed pigeons alka seltzer, and I bet you even stole Christmas...
Artemis
Actually, someone emailed me the story with all the photos sometime back. I had forgotten about it, but when I ran across it again (no pun intended), I figured I'd post it. What better place than in a snake thread?

FWIW, I've personally seen the same thing happen to a cat. I buried the cat with honors. The snake, I would thrown into a dumpster unless some local "Oriental" restaurant had taken it off my hands.
traineraz
SSNNNAAAKKKKEEE!!! (Yelled the Steve Urkel way)
Yve
I didn't think it was photoshoped at all but there is question to the feasability. First off, ball pythons are nonarboreal and by nature will burrow instead of climb. Ofcoarse someone could have put the snake there, but they would have to have access to the keys. It seems coo coo for someone to intentionally stage such a thing, say, using road kill, but hey...there's all sorts of fucked up individuals in this world. I also saw pictures of the snake in different positions as well in the original article. But I don't have the proof as I don't usually save crap like that. Anyhow, that snake would NOT be slithering around in that condition. In the article posted above it seems odd they were so bent on proving the authenticity. Seems fishy to me... Anyhow, I've seen animals(regardless of what species) in worse conditions due to the care they were given in captivity and that concerns me, but an accident is an accident. Most importantly, I don't believe everything I read.
I've personally seen the same thing happen to a cat. I buried the cat with honors. The snake, I would thrown into a dumpster unless some local "Oriental" restaurant had taken it off my hands.

yes, some animals get more respect than others...if you're 5 years old and scared of anything that isn't commonplace. Kill it! Squash it! I'm soooo tough now! That comment doesn't even deserve a response but I'm feeling generous.
I bet you 'ran across' that article by coincidence Artemis. Too much free time and ill will is a nasty concoction.
good day poopie pants.

Artemis
It seems coo coo for someone to intentionally stage such a thing, say, using road kill, but hey...there's all sorts of fucked up individuals in this world.

Yes. People put nasty things in other peoples' cars, but that seems like a lot of work for the sake of a prank.

I bet you 'ran across' that article by coincidence Artemis. Too much free time and ill will is a nasty concoction.

The Devil finds work for idle hands, for sure. Actually, I have all too little free time but my WebFu is very strong. And I have no ill will toward you. For what it's worth, I don't like your python, but I thought your King Snake was attractive, for a serpent, anyway. And I have some lizards around my place - I'm quite fond of them.
Absomphe
Artemis, what's up with the avatar, and the quotes from that dead Limey liberal, Eric Blair, anyway? harhar.gif
Artemis
I don't know about the picture. It's a lesson from my Zen master. He sends me an avatar; I put it on and walk around in it, figuring there must be a lesson in it for me - I don't always understand his motivation, but maybe I'm game. Sort of like going to a bar in women's clothes or some damn thing.

Don't worry, I have way cool icons just elbowing each other for their turn.

As for the sig, I was racking my brain for something fresh, and that's what came out. The explanation is in another thread. Probably I have a Messiah complex.
Artemis
Yves - what irritated me about your criticism of my snake killing is that you assumed (apparently still do) that I kill snakes out of ignorance or fear.

The fact is, I know a lot about snakes (probably less than you know, obviously). As a boy, there was no better entertainment for me than to buy a box of .22 bullets and go out and shoot snakes. A box of bullets meant 50 dead snakes, because I'm a good shot. But I was stupid then, and killed everything that moved, just because I could.

As an older and wiser person, I have a very large pond with water snakes in it. There is a tangle of bushes, in which they like to sun themselves. My wife and I call it the snake bush, and we call the snakes Msr. Serpent (French pronunciation) regardless of their seShual orientation, which of course is unknown to us. We enjoy watching them snake around the pond in pairs, twisting and twining in their courtship ritual. The cottonmouth, on the other hand presented a serious threat - I cannot risk my wife or my dog to have to drive many miles to a hospital to be treated for snakebite, no matter how slight the risk. If I kill the snake, the risk (from that snake, anyway) becomes zero. So I killed him, with full knowledge of the pros and cons of having snakes around, not in ignorance and certainly not in fear. My wife also killed a copperhead near the front steps, because he refused to move along when she poked him with the broom. The next poking was done with a shotgun. The only problem I had with her was that she wasted buckshot (expensive) instead of birdshot and missed him with the first two shots.

I don't kill spiders, I even let flies and wasps out of the house instead of killing them when I can. Now, this is the real Artemis, all bullshit aside. The ground-up snake in the engine compartment was real - it happened. The cat who met the same fate, did so when my wife started her car one morning - quite a traumatic experience for her. His name was Minispot. His brother, Threespot survives and thrives to this day:
Yve
Artemis, first off, sorry about minispot, thats a terrible thing to happen.
To clarify..I do not think you are scared or ignorant and my hate=fear=ignorant comment was not directed at you. A harsh assumption to make about someone I don't know...my comment was directed towards the people that will swerve on the road to run a snake over up here in rattlesnake habitat. Your verbal expressions used to show your dislike for certain snakes are extreme and seemed proud. That is what got me going. I'm new to these forums and am learning that you do have a sick sense of humour and enjoy playing devils advocate which I find clever and entertaining. I thought in this case it was a little over the top especially since you know I have a passion for these critters.
I understand and respect your concern of being tagged and the well being of your family but there are other methods for dealing with dangerous wildlife which I prefer to use and am happy to share.
Thats really all I wanted to do in the original discussion. Although I do get a bit dramatic when I'm passionate about something.
FYI...cottons do not venture far from water so if you have a pond on your property they will continue to live there. Also, they look similar to watersnakes but you can identify them by a dark racoon like band runing from their eye. You probably know this already just thought I'd mention incase you end up shooting Mrs. Serpent by accident.
don't kill spiders eh? well than you'll appreciate this girl. she's in my collection as well.
user posted image
I_B_Puffin
QUOTE (Artemis @ Jun 4 2004, 11:53 AM)
FWIW, I've personally seen the same thing happen to a cat. I buried the cat with honors. The snake, I would thrown into a dumpster unless some local "Oriental" restaurant had taken it off my hands.

Some places may eat snakes and cats...
I_B_Puffin
...but dogs are more popular.
Donnie Darko
Scooby snack?
Artemis
seShual

You know, I skimmed across that this weekend and almost took the time to stop and make fun of it. What dipshit wrote that? OOPS!

Yes Yve, thank you, you sussed me out. Sometimes I even forget what side I'm on.

What you're still missing about the pond incident, is that a walking path, much used by the people and the dog on my property (not to mention the neighbor's cows, who made and maintain the path), runs RIGHT ALONG the pond. The snake was on the path. Thus, if the cottonmouth was there that time, he's very likely to be there again, and maybe the next time, he gets stepped on. Trust me, I made a logical decision. I won't kill the water snakes by mistake, because they don't have the diamond-shaped head and the slit pupils of the pit vipers. There was no particular glee in the killing of that snake for me, I was over the top on purpose in the description, as you've apparently surmised.

IF you hadn't said anything about killing a cat, THEN I wouldn't have poked you at all.
Absomphe
QUOTE (Donnie Darko @ Jun 7 2004, 07:20 AM)
Scooby snack?

Yo quiero Tacobell!
Yve
Artemis, the cat comment was a bit harsh....I wouldn't harm a cat or any other living creatures save a few blood sucking pests like the mosquito or black fly. I have my own racoon size cat (Russian Blue) named Phantom that's spoiled rotten.

ahem..Seshual? Well if it sounded like that in thought when you wrote it then you must've been into something good! abs-cheers.gif
BlackJack
QUOTE (Yve @ May 28 2004, 08:14 PM)

user posted image

This photo is obvious proof of intellegent design. How could random evolution create an animal with such a camoflage so perfectly suited to its natural habitat, the vinyl chair...?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.