Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spanish Pernod
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Vintage Absinthe
badger
Approximantly until when did the Spanish version, I think it was Tarragona or something?, cease it's production? Are there any modern spanish absentas that are pretty old or are they for the most part fairly recent?
Absomphe
I think Tarragona Pernod ceased production around 1968 or 9, but I could be mistaken.
Gertz
As far as I know, Montana has an uninterrupted history of absinthe making.

Unfortunately, that doesn't mean that their product of nowadays is the same as that of the past. Back then, they made an apparently quite good distilled absinthe, while they now make an oil mix. One of the better ones available, but still far from what they used to make.

Hartsmar, that lucky bastard, has had the opportunity to taste the old one - take a look at his web site.
Absomphe
It pays to know Gentlemen in high places. abs-cheers.gif
I_B_Puffin
Segarra might be considered old. It's a small family distillery. Although I don't know when they first started making absinthe. It's one that's definitely worth trying next time you order.
hartsmar
One question in all this... How many years before considered "vintage"?
Conju
I think we agreed to 30 in another thread, I could be wrong.
Absomphe
Sounds reasonable.
hartsmar
Allright... so in 22 years, I'll have a vintage Hill's then.. Cool.

badger
QUOTE (hartsmar @ Jun 5 2004, 12:42 AM)
Allright... so in 22 years, I'll have a vintage Hill's then.. Cool.

only 39 years and and 56 days until my Schulz hits futuristic e-bay on my 100,000,000 mbps modem that will be as thick as the alaskian pipeline, if I am alive to see 2042 that is.
hartsmar
I bet you could sell that Schulz on ebay today, and make a good load of money from it too.

frusty.gif
badger
I think you're right. Sadly enough some poor misguided Ami teen would buy that bottle thinking he was going to "trip his ballz off," and than all he would do is swap fluids with the toilet. A part of me wants to do that but another part is hesitant and feels it's wrong.
hartsmar
You could ofcourse try what no one else have ever done...
You could be honest! Write in the auction description that it is complete crap. Atleast you wont be lying. Who knows, you might still sell it...
G&C
Probably for twice as much as if you lied.
Artemis
You could ofcourse try what no one else have ever done...
You could be honest! Write in the auction description that it is complete crap. Atleast you wont be lying. Who knows, you might still sell it...

In fact it has been done, with great success:

http://www.gearbits.com/archives/000693.html
Absomphe
While you're being honest, you can always give your description a touch of elegance, by calling your item junque, or perhaps, crappe...

It's amazing what a touch of Frenchification can accomplish!
hartsmar
QUOTE (Artemis @ Jun 6 2004, 07:27 AM)
In fact it has been done, with great success:

http://www.gearbits.com/archives/000693.html

That one's a classic! w00t2.gif
simon
'It's amazing what a touch of Frenchification can accomplish'.

.......Brilliante!
Absomphe
Merci!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.