Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Absinthe art
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > Mr. Creepy's Art Hole
Necroidian
I made this on a 3d animation program. Im going to do another when I have more time. HOpe you enjoy it. I made everything in the picture except for the green fairy herself, which I got as a royalte free model from www.3dcafe.com. Im still learning how to build people in the program.
Necroidian
This is an expanded view of the scene minus the fairy and with a new book adeed.
Artemis
Very nice. I love the colors and the lighting effects. If I could offer some constructive criticism, the liquid in the glass is too green, and the neck of the bottle looks a mite skinny for the rest of the bottle.
Necroidian
Thanks. I know its too green. Couldnt quite get it right which is why Ill be a newer one when i get some time. It was the first still life Ive ever done in 3D.

Thanks for critizism tho!

wormwood.gif
le Gimp
Nice. Congrats on your effort. The bottle reminds me of the bottle used for Thomas Hardy's Old English Ale.
thegreenimp
What program did you use?

I use Artlantis for final rendering, and I'm in process of installing VectorWorks 11 & RenderWorks 11 tonight.

(The never ending upgrade cycle)
hartsmar
If you need more models, and maybe some ideas, I could point you in the direction of a site by a very good friend of mine...

http://www.shamedesigns.com/shameworks

Necroidian
Thanks guys. I used 3D studio Max 5 for the pics and some texturing done in photoshop.

Thanks for that link and the compliments

absintheglass-glow2.gif
mr-rabid
I'd always thought of 'hiding' a winking fairy in the distortions of a water carafe.

But I got no 3D renderin code, nor no motivation.
Artemis
But I got no 3D renderin code, nor no motivation.

Then you'll have to stay after school and write on the chalk board with Sister Mary-Wormwood's 36-inch wooden ruler up against your ass for inspiration, won't you?
I_B_Puffin
What program did Hiram use to create his Green Fairy?

I looked it up; it was Poser.
hartsmar
Poser is a good enough program, but I personally think that mostly the models need some touching up in say 3D studio or Maya or the likes. And some photoshopping to put the final touch to it all.
mr-rabid
Yah, but Maya costs a good bit, don't it?
thegreenimp
Maya has come down in price quite a bit.

I use VectorWorks 11 for CAD & 3D modeling. (My work is architectural related)
I use RenderWorks 11 for quick rendering V.W. drawings, and then do a final rendering in Artlantis.

Artlantis is an excellent rendering program that doesn't need touching up in photoshop.

hartsmar
Well, yes. Maya doesn't come cheap, and it's a bitch to learn how to use it properly. I had the fortune to work a lot with Maya for a while about 4 years ago. I took a glimpse of the latest version a couple of weeks ago, and didn't remember anything. And a lot had changed.
If you're really serious about 3D:ing though, Maya is THE program. Combined with the excellent powers of SoftImage and Alias Wavefront, you got yourself a little Pixar studio... ahhh...

Yve
very cool scene! I thought the surfaces looked familiar...I worked with Studio MAX, CAD and Inventor about 4 years ago. I built some models in CAD and shipped them over to Studio MAX to create a room, along with a few MAX models. If I find the disk its on I'll put it up.. Lighting, shadows, surfaces, textures and special effects (smoke, sun rays, mist, flames) are the best part of the creation. The models are nothing without it. I've got to get back into it w00t2.gif
I_B_Puffin
I have just started playing around with Mayas Personal Learning Edition. It's free to try for non-commercial use. http://www.alias.com/eng/products-services...ple/index.shtml

If any of you play PC games, it comes with Unreal Tournament 2004 DVD edition. They even included a 3d painter which is easy to use, but what you can do with it isn't as good as what you can do with a photo editor. They also included lots of instructional videos for making levels, mods, characters, animations, and movies. They are even having their $1,000,000 create something Unreal contest. They seem to have put forth a nice effort to get people interested in the creative aspects of games.

Maya doesn't come cheap, and it's a bitch to learn how to use it properly.

The price for the regular version is very expensive, but if you check the price for students, it's affordable. Its worth signing up for a college class to get software cheaper. A lot of expensive software is like that.

For a free open source 3d program there is Blender. http://www.blender.org/
Artemis
AutoCad is also very expensive. If I had not been fortunate enough to work for so many clients who owned it, so that I was able to (cough cough) borrow copies, I would have never had it at home.
hartsmar
Yes, that happens to me a lot too...
abs-cheers.gif
Yve
I found the room I created about 3-4 years ago. Unfortunately I don't have access to StudioMAX or autoCAD at the moment. I would like to open the model and show a closer model of the coffee table. That is the only model in the room that I created in StudioMAX (the rest was built in CAD and Inventor). Eventually, I will have the table produced in wrought iron with a glass top.
user posted image
omegaiori
i did this one, this summer, on absinth. but it sucks

user posted image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.