Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Should we Bother with Badger?
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > Under the Bridge
Pages: 1, 2
traineraz
I don't know what to do. We've yelled, we've coached, we've offered sage advice. Nothing works. He must be too frusty.gif to take a hint, OR a direct statement.
Head_prosthesis
Other: Specifying

This badger is my body: broken for you. This do, in remembrance of me.
Perruche_verte
One of the first things I learned when keeping pet budgies is that they (like all parrots) take a perverse pleasure in being shouted at. It's exciting, and they love drama. When they misbehave, the appropriate response is to walk out of the room. They HATE being ignored, or being left alone.

I'm told parents of teenagers go through much the same thing. And online trolls are not that different.

Let's keep in mind the collateral damage. Just look at all the feces-smeared threads you guys have created, swapping insults with the newbie, when you could be talking about art or books, or discussing the wonders of the new LdF Blanche.

Shun the kid until he develops continence, or you do.
traineraz
QUOTE (Head_prosthesis @ Jun 15 2004, 10:03 PM)
Other: Specifying

This badger is my body: broken for you. This do, in remembrance of me.

So you want us to eat him? blink.gif
Icarus
That's your neck of the woods TAz.

I'm a vaginaterian.
badger
This is getting a little out of hand. I have offered my appologies and have listened to your requess. Who started in with insults instead of advice? Who kepe the insults going? I really thing most of you are mad because I fought back. So what I am different I don't have as much experience as everyone else here, I tend to keep to myself, who can blame me? I post with members who post obscene pictures of me, throw garbage in my direction, etc all the while expecting me to sit back and smile while people try to make my time here hell.. I am really confused with the whole thing. Nothing I do makes anyone here listen or pay attention, it's always one track minds, what am I supposed to do guess what is happening? Verte I can't agree with you more, but I will not sit back and smile. Why am I troll? Because I stand up for myself? He who has no voice has no soul. Why is it so hard to just be nice to me and maybe give me a chance instead of jumping all over me?
Grim
I post with members who post obscene pictures of me, throw garbage in my direction, etc all the while expecting me to sit back and smile

As a friend, badger, try that...sit back and smile. See words across your monitor, not people's earnest, honest feelings. Do you know any of us? Are we going to be around when you shut the power off on your computer monitor. It's as good as "NO." As good as being a figment of your imagination. Stop now. Kill the power, and just say "fuck it!" Go smoke on your patio or walk around thinking about the truly important and effectual things in your life. Do this, in memory of me.
traineraz
Are you incapable of gathering from all this that your behavior is somehow eliciting reactions others do not receive?

Calling someone a "queerbait pussy" is fine if you're in grade school. There aren't any grade schoolers here . . . besides you, apparently.

You finally made a couple of worthwhile posts tonight, on such topics as Kubler and the spoon polishing thing. Stick with that instead of the whining and tragic attempts to insult people, and you'll do fine.

I don't know why I bother telling you this, as you've been told at least 5 times already that I can count.

I really think you're far too thin-skinned to handle this group. Be glad you're not at the Lounge, because the group here is the NICE group.

By the way, a "troll" is not someone who doesn't participate. That is a "lurker," something we encourage newbies to do. A "troll" is someone who contributes nothing of value while being both disruptive and annoying.
badger
QUOTE (monsieurgrim @ Jun 15 2004, 09:24 PM)
I post with members who post obscene pictures of me, throw garbage in my direction, etc all the while expecting me to sit back and smile

As a friend, badger, try that...sit back and smile. See words across your monitor, not people's earnest, honest feelings. Do you know any of us? Are we going to be around when you shut the power off on your computer monitor. It's as good as "NO." As good as being a figment of your imagination. Stop now. Kill the power, and just say "fuck it!" Go smoke on your patio or walk around thinking about the truly important and effectual things in your life. Do this, in memory of me.

Alright I think I can do that. It doesn;t matter what anyone thinks of me here as long as I can just say fuck it and move on, and just keep to myself. Thank you.
Grim
As soon as you understand that no one here means a damn to you...come back, make friends...and no one is against you.
Absomphe
Sage advice, Monsieur Grim.

Remember the old saw, Badger...

Whatever doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.
Head_prosthesis
It's just the internet.

It's just the internet.

It's just the internet.

It's just the internet.

It's just the internet.

It's just the internet.

It's just the internet.

It's just the internet.

It's just the internet.

It's just the internet.

It's just the internet.

It's just the internet.

It's just the internet.

(psssst! Hey sparky, It's still just the internet.)
hartsmar
Internet?

So... Artemis doesn't have glowing eyes? And Head's not a meat-roll and... what the...
Head_prosthesis
QUOTE (Perruche_verte @ Jun 15 2004, 09:05 PM)
One of the first things I learned when keeping pet budgies is that they (like all parrots) take a perverse pleasure in being shouted at. It's exciting, and they love drama. When they misbehave, the appropriate response is to walk out of the room. They HATE being ignored, or being left alone.

I'm told parents of teenagers go through much the same thing. And online trolls are not that different.

Let's keep in mind the collateral damage. Just look at all the feces-smeared threads you guys have created, swapping insults with the newbie, when you could be talking about art or books, or discussing the wonders of the new LdF Blanche.

Shun the kid until he develops continence, or you do.

Author Author!
JAMBO!!!
Funny thing is, I don't know you Badger. I don't personally care about you Badger. I see you as a fellow noob, but one who didn't spend the time lurking or reading the FAQ or getting to "know" how the group plays here.

I see you shoot yourself in the foot, shit on the floor in surprise, slip in the feces, hit your head on the wall, back up stunned and fall out an open window. Upon regaining consciousness, you shake your fist at the heavens and yell at kids to get off your lawn.

Funny thing is, after all that, I want you to catch on and "get it" and play along nice-nice.

I consider that I don't have the experience and rapport with everyone here to bust their balls. I sure don't have the absinthe chops, but that's fine. I am trying to make my niche and learn something and drink a lot of absinthe and have a good time.

Remember that is the point.

Here endeth the rant. Hear me Jeebus.
Donnie Darko
Your posts are fun to read.
I once considered whether you might be the real HS Thompson.
Icarus
ITHAT  see you shoot yourself in the foot, shit on the floor in surprise, slip in the feces, hit your head on the wall, back up stunned and fall out an open window. Upon regaining consciousness, you shake your fist at the heavens and yell at kids to get off your lawn.

Now that is a good way for a newb to gain respect. It's funny, creative, and shows talent. Much better than you fuck your fat wife and smear poo on her.

Good newbie, you get a gold star! abs-cheers.gif

To put things in perspective. I recall a currently well regarded member of this forum having been put through the "jab" machine before he'd even made a single post. I recall threads, with pics of him, where we laughed and poked fun of the fact that he dressed like count chocula. We disrespected him before we'd even met him, because it was funny.

Did that stop him from coming in here and showing us the error of our ways? Nope.

He kept posting, kept us amused, displayed his talents, and gained respect. I've even been debating the purchase of a cape JUST so I can be cool too (no not really).

The point? There is none, I just felt like taking up some bandwidth talking about the good members we have rather than bashing the newbs. Sometimes you just have to be nice.

..back to the fray viking_emoticon.gif
JAMBO!!!
QUOTE (Donnie Darko @ Jun 16 2004, 06:05 AM)
Your posts are fun to read.
I once considered whether you might be the real HS Thompson.

To quote a now hackneyd cliche, you talking to me?

I'm not even sure if HST is the real HST any more....

/wishing I was knocking back UE68 and huffing ether out at the Owl Farm with the man himself.
MrsAbsomphe
What was really quite amusing was the PM the old Badgemeister sent to my husband.

It was so pitiful I laughed.

Poor baby.

I think we should just cradle him to our nurturing breasts and show him the way.

Or beat his ass until he begs for more.

Where's Jack when you need him?

Wiener.gif ZombieHand.gif Sucker.png

Damnit! No 'whipping boy' emoticon!!
Gertz
QUOTE (MrsAbsomphe @ Jun 16 2004, 04:32 PM)
I think we should just cradle him to our nurturing breasts and show him the way.

Or beat his ass until he begs for more.

Not mutually exclusive.

You could cradle him while Jack takes care of his ass.
Absomphe
Hey Bruddah...

Watch that kinky stuff, she's my wife! noztrilla.gif headbonk.gif viking_emoticon.gif dev.gif abs-cheers.gif
Hiram
She's the one who offered her (ample) nurturing breasts.
badger
I hope I am redeeming myself with worthwhile posts gentlemen, and ladies welcome Ms Absomphe!
Conju
QUOTE (badger @ Jun 15 2004, 10:18 PM)
This is getting a little out of hand. I have offered my appologies and have listened to your requess. Who started in with insults instead of advice? Who kepe the insults going? I really thing most of you are mad because I fought back. So what I am different I don't have as much experience as everyone else here, I tend to keep to myself, who can blame me? I post with members who post obscene pictures of me, throw garbage in my direction, etc all the while expecting me to sit back and smile while people try to make my time here hell.. I am really confused with the whole thing. Nothing I do makes anyone here listen or pay attention, it's always one track minds, what am I supposed to do guess what is happening? Verte I can't agree with you more, but I will not sit back and smile. Why am I troll? Because I stand up for myself? He who has no voice has no soul. Why is it so hard to just be nice to me and maybe give me a chance instead of jumping all over me?

We're trying to reform you, but you don't get it. You're thick skulled. Go back and read all the advice we have given you. Ignore the insults and take the time to listen to what we've told you to do. Lurk for a while and understand what this forum is about. That is what you are missing. That was the problem with faygo, he never lurked, never understood, and ended up blowing up over something really stupid. And that was your problem.

Now, listen very carefully

listen

listen

IF YOU DON'T HEAR THIS YOU'LL NEVER EVER GET IT. CAPICHE?

Only when you understand why we play the way we play, will you be accepted here.

These are your final words of advice.
Absomphe
What happened to "patrice", Bruddah?

Didja feed her to the fishes? harhar.gif
JAMBO!!!
My 2¢:

I actually think he is making an effort here to get into the spirit of the discussions.

The posts have come up in readability, some have got good points and his arguments are improving in quality.

Debate team material? Hardly.

But no longer getting into the sort of "You're gay! I know you are but what am I?" schoolyard pissing contests counts for something.

It's only been a day (or less) but if this trend continues, Badger will be beating on some other newbie in no time.
Artemis
The posts have come up in readability, some have got good points and his arguments are improving in quality.

Indeed. This happens quite a bit here, and it makes me wonder. Are they capable of better writing, but lazy in the first place? Are they all the same person?
He deserves consideration for trying to improve the quality of his posts, and he has withstood a lot of heat like a man. He's taken the insults a lot better than I would have, to be honest. I say give him the benefit of the doubt unless he keeps PMing people with insults, then he gets shunned.
Absomphe
QUOTE (badger @ Jun 16 2004, 11:39 AM)
I hope I am redeeming myself with worthwhile posts gentlemen, and ladies welcome Ms Absomphe!

Definitely a marked improvement, Badger.

Mrs. Absomphe sends her thanks. abs-cheers.gif
Conju
I'll chime in, in accord of the previous two statements.
Hiram
Does this mean no breast-cradling??
Morrigan
Please make this

user posted image

your user avatar and you have my full support.

(Ah, I never tire of the Badger Badger Badger Badger dance...)

And *cheer* Perruche for the smartest post on this innane thread.
Artemis
And *cheer* Perruche for the smartest post on this innane thread.

Perruche failed to account for the entertainment value to the regulars of having a punching bag as resilient as Badger, so although his post was smart, it wasn't the smartest (it WAS the most reasonable, probably - okay maybe it was the smartest), nor is the thread as inane as it might seem at first glance. This thread has dissected newbies and the treatment thereof, right down to the fundibulum, for everybody to grok, and that has been a valuable thing.
I am, however somewhat jealous of Badger being gifted by the Killer Queen with a way too cool avatar. Take it Badger, and feel like the knight who just put the lady's hanky on his lance, because that's quite an honor where it came from.
Morrigan
I will add, as a postscript to my previous post, that Msr. Artemis earns an honorable mention for the 'Cunning Usage of Fundibulum and Grok in a Post'. I've submitted this for an award catagory.
Absomphe
QUOTE (Hiram @ Jun 16 2004, 01:58 PM)

It's always about sex with you, isn't it? dev.gif

I'm sensing deja vu all over again, all over again. blink.gif blink.gif
traineraz
w00t2.gif Yay! My evil plot to make everybody come together as a loving group worked!! w00t2.gif
MrsAbsomphe
QUOTE (Hiram @ Jun 16 2004, 12:58 PM)

It's been posted before (to my chagrin, but we're all friends here, eh?), but this is for you, Hiram!

Cradle away!

Grim
traineraz, put that up...the Lord can see what you're doing!
Absomphe
Somebody's feeling frisky, this evening...

Or whatever she's calling him, this week. dev.gif
Hiram
Sweet!!!! See? Told you guys: ample.
Absomphe
biggrin.gif
Gertz
QUOTE (traineraz @ Jun 17 2004, 02:49 AM)
w00t2.gif Yay! My evil plot to make everybody come together as a loving group worked!! w00t2.gif

There's still Dr. O. to deal with.
badger
His continued whining is making me understand why all of you got so mad at me. He constinantly is asking questions of why he was banned and if I read it correctly, he is calling Verte a liar because of what he published in his book. Maybe he should just accept he got banned on grounds of stupidity and violating an obvious in the FAQ at the louched lounge. DON'T quote on top. My 2 cents.
musicgeek
He wasn't banned; he was suspended for four days. A mild slap and well deserved. Afterwards he will be free to post whatever he wants again...however delusional those posts may be.
badger
Than why is he so mad if he can post again? frusty.gif He really needs to learn the way I did and not take things to heart and remember it's JUST the internet.
Grim
<tears of pride well up>
musicgeek
Than why is he so mad if he can post again?

Exactly. frusty.gif guillotine.gif
Barsnake
I voted other...I'm actually enjoying the reparte'
Head_prosthesis
Thank you badger, thank you for trying.

You're doing good.

justabob
QUOTE (Head_prosthesis @ Jun 15 2004, 10:45 PM)
It's just the internet.

It's just the internet.

It's just the internet.

It's just the internet.

It's just the internet.

It's just the internet.

It's just the internet.

It's just the internet.

It's just the internet.

It's just the internet.

It's just the internet.

It's just the internet.

It's just the internet.

(psssst! Hey sparky, It's still just the internet.)

Sorry Head.

I thought it was the twilight zone.
I_B_Puffin
A meaner Badger.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.