Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dr Oooooooo.
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > Under the Bridge
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Conju
Come out and play, pussy!
G&C
No conju,
It's COME OUT AND PLAY PUSSY!
Conju
Oh yeah, uh-

I HOPE YOUR FOOD WAS GOOD!
dr_ordinaire
Maybe Head would like to come out and play, and maybe let Don play...
Absomphe
No it's,

WARRIORS, come out to...

Oh, wait, we're talking about Dr. O...

Nevermind.
Conju
CENSORSHIP!!! I CALL CENSORSHIP!!!
harhar.gif
Conju
QUOTE (Dr_Ordinaire @ Aug 5 2004, 07:44 PM)

I think don abandoned you there buddy.
le Gimp
Quick, someone close the thread!
Absomphe
QUOTE (Dr_Ordinaire @ Aug 5 2004, 08:44 PM)

Are you implying that Don is really Head's puppet...

or vice versa?

NURSE!!!!!
dr_ordinaire
QUOTE (le Gimp @ Aug 5 2004, 07:51 PM)
Quick, someone close the thread!

Nope, Don should have a chance to talk.
Conju
All I hear is an echo coming from where Don's seat USED to be.
dr_ordinaire
QUOTE (Conju @ Aug 5 2004, 07:56 PM)
All I hear is an echo coming from where Don's seat USED to be.

The fact is: Head and Kallisti are not letting Don speak, while pretending to "protect him". I would like to hear what Don has to say.

How about you?
le Gimp
Censorship!

Schenanagins!
dr_ordinaire
QUOTE (le Gimp @ Aug 5 2004, 08:04 PM)
Censorship!

Schenanagins!

I may be wrong. Or you may be surprised.
Grim
I seem to remember the last time you confronted Don when he returned...you put your foot in your mouth then and will probably do it again. Unfortunately, _____, the group knows better.
Absomphe
Oh, please don't discourage him, Grim...

I weary of the Jade paradise we revell in...let's see some blood..... w00t2.gif
Grim
Did you bring these Commandments in stone from Mount Sinai, Don?

You guys NEED a reality check.

About a year ago I went to an absinthe tasting party in Healdsburg, CA. 13 total, 8 Hausgemacht (from 5 makers).

Guess what? ALL the Hausgemacht were excellent. I know, because my Hausgemacht has gotten the "Forum's seal of approval" and the others were in the same league.

That day I learned that making good absinthe is as hard as fart in the shower. Even people who had a pretty dim idea of distillation got pretty good stuff.

If you Forumites would ever try making absinthe...some assholes would magically dissapear....

Translation = Dr. O, at times, can be full of shit.

I hope this is not one of those moments...
Absomphe
Dr.0...

I was a homebrewer for a number of years.

I produced some damned fine ale, and some even better mead, all on a really small scale, similar in quantity to the Hausgemachters.

Ted has taken a major leap forward (note I did NOT say Great Leap Forward, as I ain't no little red guard, chortle).

You think producing fine absinthe, on a commercial scale, with full scale alembics, is as easy as farting?

Go for it, DON Quixote...

Tilt at those windmills...I dare you!

Pussy! (Sorry, really, Greyboy)

grey boy
Pussy! (Sorry, really, Greyboy)

"S'AWRIGHT"
Absomphe
Senor Wences, to my rescue? abs-cheers.gif
grey boy
Ah,
but who's the puppet?
morgueann
Soooooo....

O, have you tried the new commercial Jade releases yet?
What were your thoughts? We're anxious
to hear your input on this.
WhyteKnight
We are?

Uh...oh yeah. We are! yes.gif

Will we find out that Jade is poop.gif ?
Will it be discovered that doctor-o.jpg ?

Tune in next week to find out! Same het.gif time, same het.gif channel.
hartsmar
...and he's gone again...
dr_ordinaire
QUOTE (monsieurgrim @ Aug 5 2004, 08:11 PM)
I seem to remember the last time you confronted Don when he returned...you put your foot in your mouth then and will probably do it again. Unfortunately, Jorge, the group knows better.

Oh, Grim, we are in a first-name basis now?

That was the tactic Ted and Don used against another independent thinker. Outing him. Old Forum members remember this.

They did it a lot, but it was only used as a reason to ban Don when he became "politically inconvenient..."
dr_ordinaire
Oh, Head and Kallisti, I know that what Grim did merits being banned from the Forum, like Don.

But I'm sure it was an innocent mistake. Please let him stay.
BigMike
Why can't we all just get along?

abs-cheers.gif
Ribosome
OK IM new here so can someone explain why every one hates this DR O guy?
BigMike
Well I was a member of this forum in 2001, and I remember Don Walsh, but I don't recall ever hearing of a Dr O till I rejoined a few weeks ago.

Perhaps Dr O knows something I don't...

doctor-o.jpg
Grim
QUOTE (Dr_Ordinaire @ Aug 6 2004, 06:07 AM)
Oh, Head and Kallisti, I know that what Grim did merits being banned from the Forum, like Don.

But I'm sure it was an innocent mistake.  Please let him stay.

If that is what I deserve - I'm willing to concede my fault...

Head, Kallisti...
Forum Etiquette:
6) Respect *must* be accorded to a member's right to privacy. ANY VIOLATION of what is deemed to be the posting of another's private information, be it email addy, real name, or personal details without the other person's express permission, especially if it was done with harmful intent will be grounds for immediate expulsion. This forum operates on a system of trust and respect, and in order to insure that folks feel comfortable in treating this "bar" as their own, we will not tolerate behavior that jeopardizes either their personal life, personal decisions & boundaries, or their comfort & respect in regards to this community.

I received an e-mail from Dr. O. I acted in reaction, rather than being sensible and ignoring him, I shared content from his e-mail with this forum. I submit that if I violated even the spirit of the "trust and respect" of this forum, I apologize to you Dr. O and to Head & Kallisti. If my actions are grounds for immediate expulsion - so be it.
dr_ordinaire
QUOTE (monsieurgrim @ Aug 6 2004, 05:42 AM)
QUOTE (Dr_Ordinaire @ Aug 6 2004, 06:07 AM)

But I'm sure it was an innocent mistake.  Please let him stay.

If that is what I deserve - I'm willing to concede my fault...

Head, Kallisti...
Forum Etiquette:
6) Respect *must* be accorded to a member's right to privacy. ANY VIOLATION of what is deemed to be the posting of another's private information, be it email addy, real name, or personal details without the other person's express permission, especially if it was done with harmful intent will be grounds for immediate expulsion. This forum operates on a system of trust and respect, and in order to insure that folks feel comfortable in treating this "bar" as their own, we will not tolerate behavior that jeopardizes either their personal life, personal decisions & boundaries, or their comfort & respect in regards to this community.

I received an e-mail from Dr. O. I acted in reaction, rather than being sensible and ignoring him, I shared content from his e-mail with this forum. I submit that if I violated even the spirit of the "trust and respect" of this forum, I apologize to you Dr. O and to Head & Kallisti. If my actions are grounds for immediate expulsion - so be it.

Grim:

I wasn't being facetious. I don't think you did this on purpose.

I have contacted you privately before and you know my name.

It was a mistake.

No problema, OK?
dr_ordinaire
QUOTE (Ribosome @ Aug 6 2004, 04:58 AM)
OK IM new here so can someone explain why every one hates this DR O guy?

Try "thinking differently", Ribo.

I've been a Forum member for what..over three years? I have (since we cannot mention illegal activities, let's say that in a dream I made a still from scratch, I drove to Mexico to get 95% alcohol, I found the herbs on the Internet and I made what, to my knowledge at the time, was the best absinthe I could make). I sent samples to many Forumites. I shared all the knowledge I had.

I ain't no Mother Theresa, but I'm not the monster the Forum shows.

I just didn't buy the Jade bullshit. And I have paid dearly for that.

Grim
Actually there is a "problema," O. I've only been contacted by you - privately - once...in case it escaped your memory, ten second tom, the aptly entitled "Fuck You" message. My apology hinges on a great, big, blatant "if..."
dr_ordinaire
Grim:

What we say privately and what we say publicly are different things.

Let's not mix them.

I'm sure that you and I, privately, will resolve our differences.

Grim
"If" you didn't bother to read Forum Etiquette item number 9:

Hate Mail: If you send hate mail or inflammatory mail to either the admins or other forum members it will be publically posted and you may be reported to your ISP.

Lucky for you *I* shared only the more refined tidbits of your e-mail. I didn't press that item then and have no need to now.
Grim
I don't care to know you privately, but we can mutually agree, here and now to accept a truce - and to stop being little pests - but drop Don...end the baiting, and be fellow forumites.
dr_ordinaire
Grim, are you on drugs?

You have done a big, BIG violation of the Forum rules, I give you an escape, quite gentlemanly, I say, and you REAM ME?

OK, be tossed.
le Gimp
QUOTE (BigMike @ Aug 6 2004, 08:21 AM)
Well I was a member of this forum in 2001, and I remember Don Walsh, but I don't recall ever hearing of a Dr O till I rejoined a few weeks ago.

Perhaps Dr O knows something I don't...

doctor-o.jpg

Mike, he has been around a long while. He has been an antagonist of Ted and Don for years and years.

His primary focus seems to be (from my reading the archives, etc) that he (1) disagreed on the amount of TomJones in Absinthe, and cotinued for some time to quote an original Guestimates when better information (GC results) was already posted, (2) he continues to this day to assert that Absitnthe (Belle Epoc) was bitter.

Someone correct me if I am mistaken.

Grim
I give you an escape

O, don't even begin to fool yourself...the only thing you have ever been capable of giving me is a laugh or two...and that has NEVER been your intent.
dr_ordinaire
Just kidding, Grim. I'm so against censorship that not even a gross violation of the rules would make ask for someone's ban.

But be more careful in the future about sharing private info, OK?
Grim
That's your problem, _____. You don't even know when to censor your self. Thank Goddess (hehe) the Jade party we've been having kept you smug for a spell.
Kirk
He has asked you politely to not use his name,
What don't you understand about that?
I think you should go back and edit that out.
Hey O : good to see you around.
That Jade is bitter.
dr_ordinaire
QUOTE (le Gimp @ Aug 6 2004, 06:19 AM)

, (2) he continues to this day to assert that Absitnthe (Belle Epoc) was bitter.

Well, since I have no way of knowing the TJ content of an absinthe at the Belle Epoque, that matter is closed.

But about the taste of absinthe, whether it was bitter or not, there's something to be said.

EVERY source, every mention of absinthe at that time calls it bitter. It's weird. MY absinthe is not bitter.

How can EVERYBODY circa 1910 be wrong about the taste of absinthe?

Grim
Apologies, Kirk - but I know that is not what he was speaking in reference to. I am in the process of removing it from the thread. As a note, the name is in the archives...not the post he sent me.
Kirk
Really none of my business ,
but thanks.
I kind of like O ,
he reminds me of children,
when their mouths form little Os.
dr_ordinaire
QUOTE (monsieurgrim @ Aug 6 2004, 06:38 AM)
Apologies, Kirk - but I know that is not what he was speaking in reference to. I am in the process of removing it from the thread. As a note, the name is in the archives...not the post he sent me.

Grim:

You out ME. You apologize to Kirk.

This is funny.
Kirk
Are you ever tempted to start your post with :
O...O... , O?
Grim
You can have an apology, too. I apologize to YOU, Dr. O, for using your name.

You would do well to remove the name that so offends you from your post.

Posted: Aug 6 2004, 05:55 AM
BigMike
This forum would run the risk of getting quite boring if you lot stopped fighting... Well, unless a new Jade product is released every 2 weeks.

Keep up the good work. LARS!.gif
Grim
abs-cheers.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.