Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Let's have Don back
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > Under the Bridge
dr_ordinaire
There were three people in the old Forum that used to leave me agape.

Agape as in what one does when listening to Bach's Two Violins concerto while on E.

Chryssypus, Head and Don.

Justin has had many problems, from which I hope he'll come back.

Head has become a regular guy.

Don has been banned.

Can we bring Don back?
Head_prosthesis
How about you go?
Hiram
A gape is a whole new ballpark these days, Doctor.
Kirk
This place is more interesting without him?
At least he is over 21.
Head_prosthesis
In case you missed it the first time, Pussy.

Dr Ordinaire can go and fuck himself

And it was more like 75K $
dr_ordinaire
I'd rather hear it from the horse's mouth... Let Don speak...

Chicken...

Cluck, cluck, cluck..

le Gimp
Dr. O, where is the thread that resulted in Don's banishment?

I've not read all the archives, but have never seen such.
dr_ordinaire
Good question, Gimp:

Even though I was a Forumite at the time, I missed his "grievous" (sp) fault.

My understanding was that he was banned for violating privacy issues.
le Gimp
I'm a tad confused.

Would admin please either deny or affirm that Don was banned?

Thank you.
Kirk
The story goes ,
he outed Arty
Also Don was very strongly opinionated and prone to violent verbal assaults. So he was banned.
le Gimp
I'm aware fo Don's proclivity towards inflamatory speach. I was simply not aware that it had percipitated his banishment.

Please be returning to your normally scheduled arguments.
dr_ordinaire
QUOTE (Kirk @ Aug 6 2004, 08:02 AM)
The story goes ,
he outed or threatened to out Arty
who used to remind everyone at every chance he got that:
"I can't let anyone find out who I really am"
Also he was very strongly opinionated and prone to violent verbal assaults.

No, it wasn't Artemis. Arty's bearded face was well in evidence in all the New Orleans pics.

He's well known.
Kirk
O.K. then ,
The King Of Spirits Rules!
Kallisti
Yes, it was Artemis, despite the pix.

I have the whole thread on my computer at home. I believe most of it was otherwise expunged from the online record but I haven't checked to see if I left the remnents up.

It was an ugly, ugly night. And you were right there with your stick, Dr. O. poking Don until he blew a gasket.

We have all peaceably gone our seperate ways. Don is there, if you want answers you are free to ask him yourself. As you see he answered pretty promptly. But don't try to paint me and Head into your conspiracy theories. We have our reasons and we don't need to justify ourselves to anyone, least of all you.
dr_ordinaire
QUOTE (Kallisti @ Aug 6 2004, 08:15 AM)

I have the whole thread on my computer at home. I believe most of it was otherwise expunged from the online record but I haven't checked to see if I left the remnents up.

It was an ugly, ugly night. And you were right there with your stick, Dr. O. poking Don until he blew a gasket.

We have all peaceably gone our seperate ways. Don is there, if you want answers you are free to ask him yourself. As you see he answered pretty promptly. But don't try to paint me and Head into your conspiracy theories. We have our reasons and we don't need to justify ourselves to anyone, least of all you.

Kallisti, conspiracy theories only work when there is is a conspiracy.

You say there is none. Well, let Don speak.

What are you afraid of?
rjordan
Boy, you're really pushing it Dr. O. Kallisti sounded pretty serious to me when she said...
We have our reasons and we don't need to justify ourselves to anyone, least of all you.

gun thug.gif
Grim
Forum Etiquette Update
dr_ordinaire
Yes she was. She and Head had this big problem. I am a big pain in their ass, but I'm not actually breaking any Forum rule.

I'm just calling their shit...
Absomphe
QUOTE (Dr_Ordinaire @ Aug 6 2004, 08:00 AM)

Justin has had many problems, from which I hope he'll come back.

He's pretty much come back, O.

I'll let him know you care.

I'm sure it will tickle him.
Conju
QUOTE (Dr_Ordinaire @ Aug 6 2004, 08:42 AM)
QUOTE (Kallisti @ Aug 6 2004, 08:15 AM)

I have the whole thread on my computer at home.  I believe most of it was otherwise expunged from the online record but I haven't checked to see if I left the remnents up.

It was an ugly, ugly night.  And you were right there with your stick, Dr. O.  poking Don until he blew a gasket. 

We have all peaceably gone our seperate ways.  Don is there, if you want answers you are free to ask him yourself.  As you see he answered pretty promptly.  But don't try to paint me and Head into your conspiracy theories.  We have our reasons and we don't need to justify ourselves to anyone, least of all you.

Kallisti, conspiracy theories only work when there is is a conspiracy.

You say there is none. Well, let Don speak.

What are you afraid of?

You still have yet to answer the question of what the 2nd thing Don would say.

You keep trying to dig up the past, all you get is dirty.

You're just calling in backup that you know you don't have.
dr_ordinaire
What Don may say is up to Don.

But this is pointless since in this "free Forum of opinion"... Don is banned.

Conju
The admins banned don because he really needed to be banned. They have never banned anybody truly unworthy of a banning. Excuse me, let me repeat my previous statement since you can't seem to get it through your thick skull:

THEY HAVE NEVER BANNED ANYBODY UNLESS THEY WERE TRULY WORTHY OF A BANNING!!

I'm all for free speech, but if you are asked to take it outside, and you don't, Especially by the proprietors, then you are a douchebag or something.
dr_ordinaire
Listen, Conju.

Using big letters does not give weight to your arguments.

The "politically correct" stance in this Forum sucks. The very people who proclaim it change it all the time.

For now, I'd rather be a skeptick.
Conju
What is your major damage? You're always willing to dish it out, but never willing to listen. You need to reasses yourself, I've met drug addicts more coherent than you.
BlackJack
QUOTE (Dr_Ordinaire @ Aug 6 2004, 09:54 AM)
The "politically correct" stance in this Forum sucks.

If there was some conspiracy to silence people who don't toe some imaginary "party line", don't you think YOU'D have been banned by now?

Seriously, O, there are some highly effective atypical antipsychotics out there with far fewer side effects than stuff like Haldol. Look into it...
Greenmeanie
QUOTE (Dr_Ordinaire @ Aug 6 2004, 09:54 AM)
The "politically correct" stance in this Forum sucks. 

If there was some conspiracy to silence people who don't toe some imaginary "party line", don't you think YOU'D have been banned by now?

O, I concur with Jack. If the powers that be really wanted you gone, you'd have been tossed a long time ago.

Get off your self-built pillary.

Now, have you tried the Jades and, if so, what do you think!?
rjordan
I just read that post in the Stewie voice. That was wicked funny.

gun thug.gif
Greenmeanie
Rjordan,

Holy shit! I just did too! Damnd funny, IMHO. biggrin.gif
G&C
...I've met drug addicts more coherent than you.

Indeed,
and they were unconscious.
Jack Batemaster
Dr. O, I'm saddened to see that I didn't make it on your list. I thought we were friends now?
Artemis
For the record:

Don and I were friends and confidants from the day he entered this forum, which was within days of my own entry, which was years ago.

The day came when I passed along to Don some information about a third party, also a member of this forum. I also expressed some opinions about said person. Don took issue with my opinions and told me so. He also took some other things I told him to mean that I was getting ready to out this person, either here on the forum or through email (I had no such plans). He then severed all ties with me and offered, in a public post here, to give personal details about me to anyone who wanted them. There was no reason not to take this threat seriously, as he had previously "outed" another member here by calling him by his actual name, something nobody had done previously, ever. For that, he got the boot.

I have no problem whatsoever at this point with him coming back, because I really don't give a shit anymore, but it's not my forum.

For what it's worth, Don is an extremely intelligent and interesting person, and I have never harbored any ill will toward him. Dr. O carries on this little charade because he thinks it impossible that Don will be allowed back, therefore, he has something to throw into the Admins' face: WHY won't you do the thing I know damned well you don't want to do? Fuck you Dr. O. Why should the ADMINS eat crow? THEY haven't been full of shit about Ted Breaux for years! It's time for you to retire for good. Say goodbye.

Artemis

He was ALWAYS a regular guy. That's why he's now the admin, and you're still a troll.
morgueann
QUOTE (Artemis @ Aug 7 2004, 03:49 AM)

He was ALWAYS a regular guy.

Well, he makes dolls. But they are the type of dolls a man would make. abs-cheers.gif
Headly is cool guy. Plain2.gif is just a slightly amusing troll. If he weren't amusing at all, he probably would be banned by now.
morgueann
And by the way, Plain2.gif , you're not being very amusing as of late. So, you'd better shape up and get funnier, or an actual ban might actually be headed your way.
Head_prosthesis
WORD!
Absomphe
A two trick pony only can stretch SO far, O.

You need to learn another few buzzwords, besides "bitter", and "censorship".

Your potential audience has increased its sophistication level, and has outgrown you.

Expand your repetoir, or do us all a favor, and resurrect the ABG forum, where you can savor being a big carp, in a small cesspool.
WhyteKnight
For some reason reading "two trick pony" has me amused to no end. And I haven't even been drinking!
Kirk
For some reason ,
reading those old Don Walsh threads was very disturbing for me.
Maybe because I'm not drinking.
Artemis
Your potential audience has increased its sophistication level, and has outgrown you.

Well said. But he's probably the most skillful troll ever to fish these waters. He got the admins stirred up this time, even to the point of contacting someone who had written them off, along with me, a long time ago!! EVERYBODY, including me, needs to forget this troll. Don't respond, don't answer, don't goad him. Let him follow his namesake into oblivion.
Artemis
Time to break the record:

worshippy.gif to GreenImp
musicgeek
QUOTE (monsieurgrim @ Aug 6 2004, 09:08 AM)
Forum Etiquette Update

I believe this is the funniest thing I've ever read on this forum:

Dr_Ordinaire
Posted on Saturday, April 13, 2002 - 10:42 pm:   
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This feels like the Special Olympics, except that the competitor is not only handicapped, but paranoid. 

The definition of irony?
Absomphe
Unless O was referring to himself.
Conju
QUOTE (Artemis @ Aug 7 2004, 04:28 AM)

Well said. But he's probably the most skillful troll ever to fish these waters. He got the admins stirred up this time, even to the point of contacting someone who had written them off, along with me, a long time ago!! EVERYBODY, including me, needs to forget this troll. Don't respond, don't answer, don't goad him. Let him follow his namesake into oblivion.

Good advice, Goodbye, O. Let the door hit you on the way out. Hard.
lautrec's cane
I thought someone would arrange a celebrity death
match by the end of this thread, aka, Chittum vs. Walsh.

Absomphe
Sounds more like a court case.
lautrec's cane
It's an old thread, Absomphe. It was a little sarcasm, that's all.
Absomphe
So was my response. abs-cheers.gif
Jack Batemaster
I vote NO. Fuck Don, whoever he is.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.