Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What the heck is it?
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthe Brands Discussion
Kallisti
Tonic de Absinthe Ordinaire's Emerald Green Fairy Brand Absinthe

http://gothicauctions.com/?c=ShowItem&i=177644

Seller states it is from Poland. It certainly wins the prize for the longest name.

Description 
You are bidding on 2 bottles of Tonic de Absinthe Ordinaire's Emerald Green Fairy Brand Absinthe. Keep one and give a friend one very unique holiday gift.

This is the best absinthe I have had. Good enough that I purchased an entire case of it. Product made in Poland. (I can assure you, they did get at least something right with this one:)

Warning: Not for human consumtion!!!! (Fortunately I am not human) Consuming of this product could result in madness and sins against the Lord, Our God. By bidding on this product you are confirming that you are at least 21 years of age and that I am not responsible if you desecrate this lovely, rare collector's item by tampering with its seal. OH yea, also, FREE SHIPPING (Continental U.S. Only) If you live anywhere else you pay full shipping on this product.
Wed Oct 29 17:08:44 2003
By the way..each bottle is 500 ml, for a total of 1000 ml.

Jack Batemaster
Looks like a really crappy HG, which was probably made in the US.
thegreenimp
Do you get the tea strainer too?
Kallisti
The bottle labeling looks a little pro for HG, though I have seen a couple that came close. But that is some fancy, talented lettering. Kudos at least to the artist.
I_B_Puffin
That's a very bright green, even after adding water it is still quite green. I guess Poland has a nuclear power plant.
Kallisti
La Fee is kinda like that.

So is the "absinthe" in Dita's Absinthe Cocktail bath.

Could it be Dita's bath water? bet.gif It would be worth a hell of alot more...
Rimbaud
QUOTE (kallisti @ Oct 30 2003, 02:19 PM)
But that is some fancy, talented lettering.

I must agree. Very nice typography. It most likely tastes shitey, though...
Kallisti
It most likely tastes shitey, though...

That, I don't doubt.
Morrigan
Agree, the bottle/lettering is loverly. The color, though is damned scary.

But what sold me was that consumption guarantees "madness and sins against the Lord, Our God."

Sweet. Ordering a case now!

CandyBowl.gif
Nolamour
each bottle is 500 ml, for a total of 1000 ml

REALLY? ...Woa, I'm quite interested now...math was my bad subject.

Actually, I like the typography as well...but, the color (and sticky clear label) reminds me of the spew flavored RODNIKS that I received as a gift. Hack!

Is there a recommended Polish vendor out there?

Lantan1.gif
Artemis
But what sold me was that consumption guarantees "madness and sins against the Lord, Our God."

My dear KQ, then you must hie yourself to the French Quarter at the first opportunity to pick up some of the lotion I saw in a shop window there a couple of weeks ago: it was in a nice ceramic jar with a pump spout, and the label read:

"Sin Remover"

I pulled my companion back to make him look at it, and he didn't miss a beat:

"What, that's the biggest size they have?"
thegreenimp
QUOTE (Artemis @ Oct 31 2003, 10:41 AM)

My dear KQ, then you must hie yourself to the French Quarter at the first opportunity to pick up some of the lotion I saw in a shop window there a couple of weeks ago: it was in a nice ceramic jar with a pump spout, and the label read:

"Sin Remover"

I pulled my companion back to make him look at it, and he didn't miss a beat:

"What, that's the biggest size they have?"

Where is the shop? I'm thinking of taking one of the vintage Herbsaints to NOLA to visit it's birthplace very soon.
Kallisti
Was it this stuff? Or some such?

http://www.blueq.com/

Blue Q has a buncha awesome hilarious bath & body lines...
Artemis
Kallisti, no, as I remember, it was literally "Sin Remover".

Imp, if you go to the Cafe du Monde and then walk along there past the French Market, on the same side of the street as the market (but on the side of the market AWAY from the river), there are some shops - it was in one of those, the type that sells pralines and such. They had it front and center in their window. All the shops were closed at the time - it was late and only vampires and such were on the street, but I was on my way to meet an alchemist of sorts, an activity suitable for the witching hour!!

Lantan1.gif
thegreenimp
Thanks, I will look for the shop when I get over there.
Larspeart
I'd say it is pro, not HG. The bottle looks too good.

The absinthe itself is a scary-looking green though. As was stated earlier, even the louched glass of it is still a vivid green.

It looks like most czech swill that I have seen. I'm 98% sure it tastes awful.

Plus, they spelt it wrong, lol!

Absomphe
BLLLLLEEEEECCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Eldrich
Forgive me, just taking a look at some past posts but...

If this is from Poland, why is the lable in English? I know it's not unheard of, but....
I_B_Puffin
it's aliiiiiiive...
justabob
QUOTE (Artemis @ Oct 31 2003, 08:41 AM)
"Sin Remover"

Gimme two . . .
thegreenimp
Absomphe
That Polish poison looks like a great go with for those irradiated pre ban absinthe glasses pictured in Absinthe:Sip of Seduction Tombstone2.gif absynthe.gif laudanum.gif
Provenance
The desire for desert
& coffee
with a Cuban apparatus

T. Rogers

IPB Image
Donnie Darko
Uh oh. Absinthe hath rend fou?
Tibro
Either the absinthe or whatever the hell he's quoting. Maybe the combination of the two.
Bruno Rygseck
QUOTE(Absomphe @ Dec 1 2003, 06:44 PM) *

That Polish poison looks like a great go with for those irradiated pre ban absinthe glasses pictured in Absinthe:Sip of Seduction

Did Absinthe Boggy exist already in 2003 shock.gif ?
Absomphe
HA!
Jack Batemaster
Euh, pas vraiment…
Oxygenee
I'm initiating a fund-raising drive to buy cher M.Batemaster a birthday present from all of here at FV. I really feel he deserves the whole series:

http://amzn.com/1861057822
http://amzn.com/1861057830
and finally
http://amzn.com/0140066594
Jack Batemaster
J'ai déjà lu ces livres ! Ils ont été très intéressants.
sixela
C'est plutôt fascinant, mon Capitaine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.