Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What a hoot.
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > Arts & Philosphical Sundries
Grim
Couldn't decide if this belonged with Entertainment.

The Genius Forum

Albert Einstein and Johannes Sebastian Bach, for example, while having outstanding abilities in their respective fields, can't really be considered geniuses frusty.gif . They were simply very talented people in specific areas of life. Brilliant, yes, but they lacked the universal nature of true genius.

Genius is a function of one's relationship with Ultimate Reality and therefore a function of consciousness. To the degree that one is conscious of the nature of Reality and able to thrive effortlessly in its light, one is a genius. By this definition, people like Jesus, the Buddha, Lao Tzu, Kierkegaard, Nietzsche, Weininger, and Socrates were geniuses to greater or lesser degree.

The chief characteristics of genius are independence of mind, authority, clarity of thought, insightfulness and wisdom. The genius transcends the fashions and myths of his culture and opens up his mind to the timeless wisdom of the Infinite. In doing so, he attains to a special kind of knowledge which is permanent, indisputable and beyond all relativity, a knowledge that very few know about. I personally consider such knowledge and wisdom the greatest things on earth and the source of all genius.

O-Bomb.gif
G&C
Conju!
Grim
BWAHAHAHAH!!
Grim
Where's Jack with a twin topic when you need 'em?
Grim
Oh son-of-a-bi...

"You were think we get carried away?"

All your topics are belong to me.
Artemis
By this definition, people like Jesus, the Buddha, Lao Tzu, Kierkegaard, Nietzsche, Weininger, and Socrates were geniuses to greater or lesser degree.

Who are those people?
The ones who are "like Jesus", etc?

Seems like a true conosewer of genii would know the difference between "like" and "such as".
Absomphe
I such as that reasoning, very much, although it's not surprising, coming from a true genius diviner, like yourself, Artemis.

Isn't the word spelled kindo'sewer, though?
Conju
Thanks for the image.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.