Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Free Kitten!
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > Mr. Creepy's Art Hole
Pages: 1, 2
Kallisti
user posted image

If you're in the bay area, this little gremlin monkey boy needs a loving home! His japanese name is "Masao" which means "little gremlin monkey boy" ...or, er "holy" because he was found alone in an attic meditating. He is the baby brother of Biscuit Lafitte, who has tested negative for all kinds diseases. They are both rescued ferals and have turned very tame with lots of loves and kisses.

Please to love.

And here's the latest on Biscuit:

user posted image
Jack Batemaster
Better get on it, Absomphe - remember your wife wanted some of these:

user posted image
Conju
Cool. Kitten soup!
Absomphe
cdog-plain.gif Boggles.
Absomphe
No way, Jack...

looking-up.gif looking-up.gif looking-up.gif looking-up.gif is more than enough!
verbal_kraze
Hartsmar could probably use a new "friend" evill.gif
Absomphe
ANOTHER one? wacko.gif
rjordan
I don't think Hartsmar really likes animals. I think it's just something he goes along with so you guys will like him.

gun thug.gif
G&C
Yup,
I think he's correct.

gun thug.gif
Conju
OR

He's just a fUXX0r!!!1™ douchebag.
morgueann
I like kitties. yes.gif
But the one I have now is extremely jealous of any other cat,
even the stray ones I feed outside. He'd die of jealousy.
morgueann
Just a few questions... A family member of mine is curious, Kallisti. They have a few ferel kittens runing around their place. She just wants to know how old your kittens were when you caught them, how did you catch them, and also what you did to help tame them down. If you could relay that to me, I'd be grateful. Thanks. heart.gif
Grim
If I had to guess, I'd say spotting warm bowls of milk with our favorite tipple, and a tid-bit of love.
le Gimp
Wtch out for the milk, some kittens are actually intollerant of it. It gives them the kitty shittys.
Grim
I really wouldn't know any better as I've never owned a cat. I've had so many bad experiences trying to make dogs house-pets that I abandoned the thought of having one.
Kallisti
Morgueann! I didn't catch them, a friend of mine did. But I will tell you what I know.

Biscuit was caught around 6 or 7 weeks old. He is now about 10. And Gremlin boy above is tinier, he might be 4 or 5 weeks? Not sure.

But she uses all kinds of methods to catch them. Usually some food or a toy and then she just nabs them.

Gremlin above was trapped in neighbors attic though. Finally she coaxed him down by putting food in a big paper bag and trapping him in it. Or something.

It is quite a chore. There should be lots of info on the web about catching/taming ferals.

The kittens tame really easily, you just need to be with them a lot. Show them good habits. My friend has a seperate room for them with several pet carriers she locks them in at first until they calm down. They each get their own carrier and litter box and food. She lets them out for most of the day though.
grey boy
Here's Sherpa (grey boy) a year and a half old now.
I caught him at six weeks old (at most) and he loves people. He was flopping around in a puddle in the street when we got him. His mother was yelling at him and just watched us pick him up and take him in.
We also caught some other ferals in the yard, most about 6-8 weeks old. We took them in for a bit and found them homes. All are well and like to be around people and other animals (cuz we had other pets).
You need to get them young to tame them, otherwise they learn outdoor living really quick.
grey boy
One more 'cuz I luvs him.
grey boy
Sherpa likes a couch much better than outdoors conditions.
grey boy
Sherpa (now twice the size) And Nico.

Oops,
smaller pic.
justabob
Dear Kallisti

If you were in my neck of the woods I would certainly take in your stray. I love felines and have several feral cats here. I have an active family of bob cats living on my property and it is a joy to see them in the wild. The pussy cats help keep the rodent population in check for which I am eternally grateful.
morgueann
Grey: Purrrrrty Kitties abs-cheers.gif
morgueann
Here's my little guy... LARS!.gif
Grim
GB: Sherpa and Nico are beautiful.

MA: Same thing goes for your "little guy," Morgueann.

I'm starting to wonder whether I should bring a feline companion into the home.
Absomphe
Our brood:
Absomphe
Absomphe
The first guy was Mr. Creepy, a silver spotted Oriental Shorthair.

This is Bloofus, our Abby.
Absomphe
This would be Lizzie, our "poodle cut" Noweigian Forest Cat:
Absomphe
And last, but certainly not least, our "just plain cat", and perhaps the sweetest of the gang, Eee-Ooh, named because that's what she says, in so many different ways.
Absomphe
Eee-Ooh, as per usual, refused to give me the pose I requested!
le Gimp
Nice Quilt.
Artemis
I have nine cats. I'm going to make a cat-o-ninetails.

I had a Norwegian Tree Cat years ago - raised him from a kitten. He was the fiercest cat I ever had - he would keep dogs out of the yard, and he'd positively brutalize any male cats who came through. They'd shit themselves just at the sight of him. His name was Monster Rosh (pronounced like "roach"). They don't call them tree cats for nothing. There was a sapling in the yard that bent down like a bow. Whenever I approached it, he would come racing from wherever he was and go up that tree to the top, bending it to just over my head, and box with me from up there.

In all these years I've never had another cat who took to trees, until Tippy (abandoned at my front gate a few days ago). She doesn't use the trees for battle tactics like the other one did, but likes them:

Absomphe
Yup, Artemis, those NFCs take no prisoners. When Tish and I brought first brought Lizzie home, she made a beeline for the communal catfood dish, and stood guard over it for hours...while the other three cats clambered up to the highest kitchen cabinet, and stared at Lizze in awe and horror. She has remained the disciplinarian in charge, but is also quite loving towards the other cats, treating them as though they were her babies. She's nearly 12 now (we got her when she was nine), and has mellowed appreciably.

As far as people are concerned, she's an affection glutton, and will actually pet, while she's being petted.
le Gimp
This is me and my cat. She was 16 years old this year. She is burried in the back yard.

user posted image
Declan Royce
Christ, man. That's sad. It makes me all fucking weepy. Had a death like that which I think of often. Sorry about it.
Absomphe
My heart goes out to ya, Gimpy.
Grim
Sorry to hear that, Gimp. Was that your only cat?
Artemis
Gimp, I have some cat stories that would tear your heart out, but I don't want to get all kitty-maudlin, so I'll talk some more about Monster.

He learned tricks very easily. Most cats are paper bag freaks, lurking in them and attacking passing ankles and stuff, but Monster would charge into a paper bag on the floor and bulldoze it around the room. It was like a paper bag with a Tasmanian Devil inside shooting all around the house. I trained him to leap into the bag as I held it about three feet off the ground to get his run started, then I started holding it vertically - he would shoot up into it like a demented furry bottle rocket or some damn thing, almost hitting the ceiling (he was very strong). One day he just wandered off and we never saw him again.

My Abyssinian would fetch when he was young, but he's old now and can't be bothered with such nonsense.

Absomphe
He's beautiful, Artemis.
musicgeek
Pussy makes me wet!
le Gimp
Starlight was a good cat, and had a good life.

She was actually supposed to be my daughter's cat, and was given to her when she was 6 or 7. The kitten was 6 weeks old, and was a gift from her best friend.

Since she was very young, and our son was 2 years younger (little boys and all that), the kitten took to me as a serrogate mother for protection. She would climb up on me when the kids got too rough.

When my daughter moved out for college, Starlight stayed.

Up until three years ago she was an outside cat.

She used to bring me little presents and line them up in a row on the front portch.
Declan Royce
Here's my little man, Renton. I know he was a ferret, but a well trained ferret is just as lovable as a cat. He was with me through thick and thin. Through all the awful shit that happened to me, he slept in my lap. I loved him, anyway. Still do. Gone about two years now.

As long as the conversation is going this way.

user posted imageuser posted image
le Gimp
My son had ferrets for a while. Till he didn't keep the cages clean.

Cute little buggers, but they are definatly one of natures "shit factories extrodenare".

They look really neat when they hump across a bed.
le Gimp
Nice looking cat Artimus.
le Gimp
One of my son's ferrets.

user posted image
le Gimp
The cat on the right is a "Rag Doll", and is the only remaining pet in house.

user posted image

The two cats had an uneasy truice for the most part. Each had spent better than 10 years as an only cat in a houshold.

They had a difficult time adapting.

I think Trixie actually misses Starlight.
morgueann
Ragdolls are sweet cats. They're normally shy by nature, like all siamese, especially to newcomes. But once they get to know you, awww... They can be the most affectionate things. My aunt has one. She named him Pico in italian, which means small, as a kitten. Well, he's no longer small, but he is still named "pico".
I_B_Puffin
He's technically my sister's cat, but she married someone who's allergic to cats.

Kallisti
David Lynch's cats.

user posted image

Just kidding. That is Biscuit & Pekoe, gettin' to know eachother. And yes, they are hiding under my vintage bidet. Mmmmm.

Biscuit, just ten weeks, has discovered the glory of playing in the big kitty box. He hunkers down in the litter and then brings pieces of poo out in his mouth to play with. Ew. We've given him lots of baths.

His pretty ice blue eyes:
user posted image

heart.gif to Gimpy and kitty love! My old girl is 17 bless her. She's still limping along. She is also a blue lynx point, one of the reasons I fell in love with Biscuit in the first place. They match.
Kallisti
Zman (she's a girl), 17 years old!

user posted image

And Pekoe:

user posted image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.