Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Curious about Absinthe
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > Under the Bridge
Pages: 1, 2
lafter
Ok … I’m curious about the Buzz Absinthe gives…and a little bit leery of what to expect.

I am a drinker .. it is my drug of choice .. I love a good Scotch .. Brandy .. Bourbon …Tequila …Vodka …is Absinthe comparable to anything I may have drank already ?

I’m shocked that I just learned of this a few months ago…from what ive read its Vodka … but not quite ? … is this a completely different form of liquor … or a spin off of Vodka ?

I ordered four different kinds of Absinthe .. I got a bottle of Jade .. some Elixir .. some Vision .. and the King of Absinthe … and I plan on trying it many ways .., from the classic ritual .. to margaritas…. I should have them by next week… any words of advice ?
WhyteKnight
frusty.gif user posted image frusty.gif user posted image frusty.gif user posted image frusty.gif user posted image
WhyteKnight
Okay now that I have that out of my system, on to some advice. Step one: Click HERE. Step two: Click HERE and click the preparation link. Absinthe is comparable only slightly to things like pastis or ouzo, in that they typically contain anise. I hope you like the taste of licorice. Absinthe has nothing at all to do with vodka except for the amazingly widespread dumb idea that tossing some herbs into vodka and waiting a while will make it Absinthe. And as for Elixier, Vision, and King, here are the very special preparation methods for those: Pour one measure of very cold water into a tall glass. Drink it, and just pour that foul crap down the nearest drain. If you want to make cocktails, don't waste your money making it with absinthe. Some semi decent pastis/ouzo/anis is just as good because cocktailing tends to fuck up the taste of a good absinthe. Enjoy your Jade products in the traditional manner and its doubtful you'll be disappointed.

Edit: I suppose if you're absolutely desperate to use Absinthe in a cocktail one of the non-jades would work to give you an idea of it but I don't know which of those het.gif products would really be worth trying.
Gertz
QUOTE (lafter @ Sep 2 2004, 10:04 AM)
from what ive read its Vodka … but not quite ?

Now that's a new one.

I'll leave apostrophe comments to Sixer and just be a very kind noztrilla, gently asking: did you read the FAQ??

[edit: I see Whyteknight just provided useful links]
sixela
QUOTE (Gertz @ Sep 2 2004, 12:23 PM)
I'll leave apostrophe comments to Sixer

I only comment when I think people are not beyond redemption. You see, I'm a friendly grammar nazi.

The apostrophes were the least of the problems -- punctuation marks were.

And my brain shorted when reading "drank" where "drunk" should have been written: it is easily confused by wrongly inflected verbs that cause it to try to parse the sentence in a different way.
Greenmeanie
QUOTE (sixela @ Sep 2 2004, 04:06 AM)
QUOTE (Gertz @ Sep 2 2004, 12:23 PM)
I'll leave apostrophe comments to Sixer

And by brain shorted

Don't you mean "my"!? harhar.gif
Kirk
Poor Penguin ,
he catched a cold.
sixela
No, my brain shorted. Note that it didn't short when reading "catched"-- at least it looks like the correct tense.
Absomphe
Lafter...

Well, at least you picked a suitable name.
Conju
I feel terrible for that bottle of jade.

If you want to save it, please send it to me. Russian children are dying every day, from lack of intoxication.

Please, think of the russians.
Absomphe
So, you're not a Kraut, this week?

Come to think of it, you do sort of have that poor Russian waif look.

You'd never cut it in Little Odessa, though.
verbal_kraze
You should be very happy with the Jade, it's the best that you can get. Just remember DO NOT light the sugar on fire, look at the links from whyteKnight. I part absinthe to 4 or 5 parts ice cold water. The other ones that you gotare really bitter and taste nothing like Absinthe is suppost to. feel free to do what ever the hell you want with those.
Jack Batemaster
QUOTE (sixela @ Sep 2 2004, 07:29 AM)
No, my brain shorted. Note that it didn't short when reading "catched"-- at least it looks like the correct tense.

Kirk lives in the South. That is the proper tense in the South.
Jack Batemaster
Sixer, go get yourself one of these:

user posted image
sixela
The beard, the cap, the glasses or the dickshunary?
Jack Batemaster
I was under the impression that you already had the beard, the cap, and the glasses.
Kirk
QUOTE (Jack Batemaster @ Sep 2 2004, 12:16 PM)

Kirk lives in the South. That is the proper tense in the South.

Yeah it's strange down here ,
The first time a guest at my house said :
Come on let's go to town ,"
they looked at me kinda funny when I said "well....OK"
and jumped in the car ,
it wasn't long before I realized that means goodbye in the South.
morgueann
QUOTE (sixela @ Sep 2 2004, 05:37 PM)
The beard, the cap, the glasses or the dickshunary?

I think Jack is trying to direct us to....

a recent photo of ...... ?
Absomphe
Artemis, is that YOU???

Nah.....
Artemis
No, this is a recent photo of me:

lafter
Are you blokes kidding me ? ... Livin'la Ovulation Loca .. A board on drinking ... full of Cyber Bad Ass Snobs .. how funny ... yawls must be real popular were you live .. what with yer fucked up personalitys an all

WhyteKnight .... Drop Dead ? .. arent you an angry little dork... Im sorry you cant go out in public for fear of an ass beating ... but if you wernt such a nasty little cuss ... people wouldnt laugh at you so much.... I would recomend that you stop being a Cyber Bad ass and try to work on your real life... But thanks for the few answers you did give me eh.

Gertz ... er yes I read the Faq thanks ... did you read my questions ?

sixela ... Livin'la Ovulation Loca .. what can I say ... you are kidding yes ? ... are you truly known as the gramor police here ? ... no .. really ... are you ? ... BAHHH HAAA HAAA .. what a bloody dork... you must be so proud of that ... ill bet you brag to all the ladys about how you protect your corner of cyber space from the gramaticaly incorect... trust me ... it dont matter what you drink .. or how much of it ... yer always gona be a dork.

Absomphe ... well thanks mate... ive had that name a long time.

Conju ... stop begging for booze mate .. get a bloody job an you can proly afford some for yerself.

verbal_kraze ... er thanks mate ... I know how to do the ritual and wasnt asking for help there.

now .. before you pathetic dorks get all bent out of shape ... im sorry for laughing at you... so please dont go typing all angry like at me .. or use "caps"...I dont think I could take a cyber beating froma bunch of geeks ... I concide you are much tuffer then I am ... and I would never dream of messing with you.... and even though in RL you are helpless ...weak... & pathetic ... you are strong ...brave.. & popular here ...and I would never dream of chalanging your athority.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Now fer anyone with a bloody clue ... assumin there are any on these boards.

My plans so far are to drink the Jade (wich just came in today..w00t!!) traditinal style with my ole lady ... chilling on the back deck in the hot tub .. while the sun sets ... with some good tunes in the back ground.

for the rest .. I plan to throw a green fariy party ... im thinking the king of absinth should go great in frozen margaritas ... the Alixir will make good Absinthe an Cokes .. or Martinies ... and the Vision will be great with Lemon Drops ... any sugestions ? ... I may order another bottle of the smoother stuff so that my guests can try it traditinal style as well.... whats worked well for yawls? ... tell me someone here has enough friends to throw a party ?

I understand if yawls actual give a fuck what these dorks think .. and may not want to respond publicly to this post ... so feel free to PM me some good Ideas ...

Thanks for any REAL help
morgueann
QUOTE (lafter @ Sep 3 2004, 05:41 AM)
im thinking the king of absinth should go great in frozen margaritas

That's King of Spirits, sir.

And you are the King of Absinth.
Ari
You can complain all you want except that you completly missed the FAQ which is pretty much required to sign on.

You sure picked a wide range, the best and the worst. I'm not sure if some of those count as a full green fairy.
I_B_Puffin
I think we need a FAQ quiz for newbies before they are allowed to post.
lafter
Ari Naw mate .. I read the FAQ ... an its got some good Info ... but with most FAQs they are outdated ... and they always seem to be missing something eh ...

My questions were more of a meet and greet ... a hey how ya doing per say ... and I was truly wanting other peoples opinions on the matter ... well ... at least I thought I was till they posted....

And im not really complaining mate .. I just dont get on well with bullies .. be they in public .. on on the internet.
Conju
We're not bullies, There's alot of culture regarding absinthe, and thats something that alot of us have spent countless hours learning, to preserve, so we can educate people like you. I could sit here and babel on and on about all the do's and dont's of internet forums you just ignored, but I'm sure you won't listen. And that's something you don't understand. And All the people you just insulted are the locals around here, and those who would give you answers regarding your questions. But quite frankly, I don't really feel like it now. And those on this forum who you didn't insult are the ones who don't speak up much.

Good luck dude, You're on your own. I hope you find some answers somewhere, cause you're not gonna find em here.

Now piss off. MATE!

This thread is done.
I_B_Puffin
I thought the FAQ answered you questions almost perfectly. If you want other perspectives on your questions, you should do a search. The same questions get asked every other day, that's why they are in the FAQ, and no one wants to answer them again for the hundredth time.

Also before you post in a forum it's proper netiquette to lurk for awhile so you know what kind of response you'll get to certain questions.
WhyteKnight
Its tough love, bucko.
G&C
Damn!

gun thug.gif
Oxygenee
QUOTE (lafter @ Sep 3 2004, 07:41 AM)
Are you blokes kidding me ? ......blah bablah blah blah  ... so feel free to PM me some good Ideas ...

To lafter: Fuck off now, please.

To everyone else: Why are you talking to this moronic little troll?
hartsmar
Lafter: I feel so left out. I didn't bother to comment on your really lame behaviour before. I didn't even bother to give you a hard time on your questions on flaming sugar and all. But now, it seems you just won't listen. It's all up to you to decide in what ways you wish to be treated in here. If you're an ignorant piece of shit, not listening to good advice, not accepting the pointers given to you, then you will also have to suffer the consequences.

If you're not willing to learn and listen then please - go fuck yourself. It's been said a million times to a million noobs in here before. You must read the FAQ. You're supposed to. You're even told and directed to do so the first time you enter here. Do you have a problem with that? What part of "R-E-A-D T-H-E F-A-Q" did you not understand?

Your grammar does suck. Your spelling does suck. Your punctuation is totally out of control. You suck.
There are both written and unwritten rules in here. Everyone gets beaten down for bad spelling, grammar and most of all, for not accepting the facts and knowledge presented to you by more experienced members.

I'm happy for you that you have your Jade. I'm sorry for the Jade to be in your hands.

Can I be on your list now?

Brett
lafter, are English, or possibly Aussie? If you're right pissed at us, why call us mate?

Fuck right off chap. Read the FAQ.

Oxy: 'cause I have nothing better to do! w00t2.gif
lafter

*chuckles* .. er .. didint you dorks read

cyber bad ass Conju called this thread dead !!!.. but you keep posting ... thats a real shame .. when even his own dork friends dont pay him atention.

now .. didnt I already apolagise to you loosers ? ... yet you still persist in typing all angry like at me... ah well .. if it makes you feel good... I understand yer life must suck... and putting someone down on the internet is the closest you can come to feeling good about yerself...

whats reall funny like ... is ive goten many PMs from "your" members .. giving me sugestions .. and telling my not to let the pathetic dorks like yawls get to me... I thanked them for the answers .. an told em not to worry about the dorks getting to me.

hehe .. ok .. this just in .. im at work ... and I called all me coworkers over to see this place ... and every one of em busted up laughing ... we are all in shock and amusment ... at how some cyber dorks will talk to a stranger online ... knowing they are complete pussies in real life ... and would get there ass kicked.... kinda like the fat naked man playing a dyke in a chat room ...

I dont much care about netiquette ... I came here looking for answers .. and thanks to several of you good people I have them ... I can find the rest out myself .... the flames are becouse im bored really ... but you fools do have it coming

Some advice from me .. ifin ya care to hear it ... just be yerself mates ... in real life and on the internet ... become happy with who you are ... its gona take work for some of you ... but it is worth it in the long run ...
morgueann
QUOTE (Oxygenee @ Sep 3 2004, 08:18 AM)
To everyone else: Why are you talking to this moronic little troll?

He's the King of Absinth.
Otherwise, you're right.
For such a lowly king, we're giving him highly too much attention.
morgueann
heart.gif
sixela
QUOTE (lafter @ Sep 3 2004, 07:41 AM)
are you truly known as the gramor police here ?

Not bloody likely, no.

And yes, I protect my corners of cyberspace, and not just this one (I basically *work* in cyberspace), from sloppiness. There's so much of it around in Real Life (including on my desk) that I don't actually need to see it on-line.

Of course, in your case, it's no longer sloppiness but stupidity (against which the Gods themselves contend in vain). Tip: personal insults are not a good substitute for arguments in favour of your position.

You lost your bet about bragging to ladys [sic] about it, though. I don't brag -- I rely on reputation.

I'm surely not going to have to rely on my cyberspace policing skills to find an Argentine tango partner, nor would I encourage anyone to use that as a recruitment tactic.

As for the real live women on this forum and the lounge -- they're free to hate it or like it; I'll humbly accept their judgement.
sixela
QUOTE (lafter @ Sep 3 2004, 11:12 AM)
now .. didnt I already apolagise to you loosers ?

No, you didn't. You just pretended to do so, and we're not stupid enough not to know the difference.

We do accept *sincere* apologies. Not faked ones.

apology: an acknowledgement expressing regret or asking pardon for a fault or offence.

I think you may have missed the "regret" bit. Hint: it's not synonymous with defiance, and you usually don't carry on doing things you regret.

And now, you go in the "troll" bin for me as well.
Gertz
QUOTE (lafter @ Sep 3 2004, 06:41 AM)
Gertz ... er yes I read the Faq thanks ... did you read my questions ?

Questions such as

from what ive read its Vodka … but not quite ? … is this a completely different form of liquor … or a spin off of Vodka ?

wouldn't have been asked by anyone who had read the FAQ.
Fizzle
QUOTE (Artemis @ Sep 2 2004, 06:36 PM)
No, this is a recent photo of me:

Actually, that's Beau Beau from the band Avail.

Pretty damn funny, nonetheless.
Absomphe
Damn, Fizzle...

I was just about to ask Artemis for the source of the his fountain of youth!
verbal_kraze
Every one sing along......

Hey there Douchie Douchie Bag Bag
Douchie Douchie Bag Bag
Fuck Fuck you!
Cuz you're a Douchie Douchie Bag Bag
Douchie Douchie Bag Bag
We say Fuck you!
Bag Bag Douchie Douchie Bag Bag
Fuuuu--uuuuk YOU!!!

Now give it up, and play nice, and you may end up learning something. Continue to whine and you gonna continue to get fucked. Look at any of our first few posts, every one has gone through it. Either yall learn how shit cracks up in here or tuck yo tail and leave.
Artemis
Actually, that's Beau Beau from the band Avail.

It must be that substitution software here, fucking with me. Now I know what Dr. Plain2.gif was talking about. This is the picture I MEANT to post:

Absomphe
QUOTE (verbal_kraze @ Sep 3 2004, 11:11 AM)
Continue to wine and you gonna continue to get fucked.

I hope Ted continues to wine, I don't like beets.
Morrigan
This thread/ guy is the trolliest thing that ever trolled. viking_emoticon.gif
Hiram
Hey:
Hiram
user posted image
Conju
Thank you.
Absomphe
Hiram, you rule, as usual...

Tish was searching countless sites for that very image.

Thanks, a gazillion.
MarKoPoLo
QUOTE (lafter @ Sep 3 2004, 01:12 AM)
*chuckles* .. er .. didint you dorks read
...Blah blah blah...but it is worth it in the long run ...

HAH! He's passive E~thug'n' and it makes me laugh. Anyways no matter how you choose to E~thug remember this:

user posted image
Absomphe
I should have seen that post coming, Marko...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.