Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Insomnia and A absinthium
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Dr Magnan's Lab
justabob
I have personally never experienced insomnia from drinking Absinthe. However after processing a large quantity of fresh dried herb for a couple of hours last evening, I was unable to sleep for more than a few minutes all night long.

The scent of the wormwood is still with me even after showering and I am one who never has trouble sleeping.

A powerful herb this A absinthium.
morgueann
QUOTE (justabob @ Sep 5 2004, 05:52 PM)
A powerful herb this  A absinthium.

d000000d, it's artemesia absinthmethamphetaminium.

Are you sure wormwood was all you were processing there, pal? wink.gif wink.gif
traineraz
QUOTE (justabob @ Sep 5 2004, 10:52 AM)
I have personally never experienced insomnia from drinking Absinthe. However after processing a large quantity of fresh dried herb for a couple of hours last evening, I was unable to sleep for more than a few minutes all night long.

The scent of the wormwood is still with me even after showering and I am one who never has trouble sleeping.

A powerful herb this A absinthium.

Are you sure you didn't get some in your mouth? A little AA dust goes a LONG way.
justabob
Yes, I am quite sure I inhaled some of the dust.
justabob
But no, I did not ingest any.
Jaded Prole
Maybe you're just to excited to sleep thinking about what you could theoretically do with all that A.A.
justabob
My thoughts were quite animated, but I am not sure they were centered around the AA. I will be doing this again in a few weeks so we will see if it reoccurs.
traineraz
I didn't ask if you ate it, I asked if you got the dust in your mouth.

Trust me, if you had, you'd know. For a few hours.

Think the powdered version of an O-Bomb.gif
justabob
I am acutely aware of how bitter the raw herb is. My purpose in posting is to see if others had experienced insomnia in a similar situation.
justabob
And actually the AA is not dried to a complete powder form as of yet, there are still intact flowers.
morgueann
Yeah I process large quanities of herbs myself.

Gotta hate when you inhale some of the biproducts.
Touch-money
All this talk of herb processing makes me wonder what you fools are doing with the processed goods.
morgueann
user posted image

Now, now Touchie...
MrGreenGenes
I processed artemisia absinthium once. I didn't like it, and I didn't inhale.

Conju
QUOTE (Touch-money @ Sep 5 2004, 10:03 PM)
All this talk of herb processing makes me wonder what you fools are doing with the processed goods.

Why they're donating it to the private creators so they can make the censored2.gif's we've come to know and love.
Touch-money
Never had any of that, but Jade suites me just fine. On that note I'm off to make another glass.
Touch-money
QUOTE (morgueann @ Sep 5 2004, 10:30 PM)
user posted image

Now, now Touchie...

For some reason I quite like the way "Touchie" sounds. I gotta get you to call me that if we ever meet.
I_B_Puffin
Just stick with Touch-My-Monkey.
traineraz
QUOTE (Conju @ Sep 6 2004, 12:45 AM)
QUOTE (Touch-money @ Sep 5 2004, 10:03 PM)

Why they're donating it to the private creators so they can make the censored2.gif's we've come to know and love.

Yes, potpourri.
Absomphe
Pot puree?
Ribosome
I get insomnia when I drink absinthe for 3 or more days in a row. I notice an increase in my heart rate aswell. Also I am kinda weird, I think mainly I might have a reaction to one of the herbs in absinthe.
Touch-money
I feel as if you have told us this before. Am I correct, or am I just having some wierd deja vu.
Conju
QUOTE (Absomphe @ Sep 7 2004, 07:59 AM)
Pot puree?

I was at a party one time and some of the guests busted out a half O and decided to make some brownies. I sat there, waiting, thinking to myself "Oh, boy this is going to be great!" The brownies finally came out of the oven and 2 of the gals who were making them fought over who was going to do what with the tray, and then one of their oven mits accidentally slipped off in the transfer.

I was heartbroken.

Touch-money
Huh!? blink.gif
Absomphe
I'll second that "huh?", Touch.

Oh, wait, so they hit the floor, and you wouldn't indulge because you remember what your mommy said about not eating food off the floor?
G&C
Huh?

gun thug.gif
Absomphe
Nevermind, this is Boggles...

I'm going back to "huh?" blink.gif
Jaded Prole
Maybe he can't remember what happened after that -- the memories are so confused . . .
Touch-money
Maybe he has a wierd fetish for hands and when the oven mit came off he lost it all and started having sex with the girls hand or something.
Jack Batemaster
Touch-my-Monkey!
Conju
I thought I added this, but the tray was made of glass.

Touch-money
Ahhhhh! Now it makes more sense.
Ribosome
I did mention the insomnia thing before. In reply to this post I thought it would be appropriate to mention it again.
le Gimp
I find heavily hopped beer has just the opposite effect. Heavily hopped beer helps me sleep. I tend to not remember my dreams as well.

I've heard of making Hop Bags to place under ones pillow to help sleep as well.
Absomphe
Indeed.
Gertz
I like a glass of absinthe just before I'm going to sleep. I find it very relaxing.
I_B_Puffin
That's when I usually have one.
G&C
I usually have a couple in the evening with a cigar.
Just finished, off to slumber soon.
Icarus
Drinking absinthe just makes me want to drink more absinthe.

It reminds me of a certain drug I "Experimented" with in my younger years.
Touch-money
Drinking absinthe gives me the munchies and it makes me sleepy.
Icarus
It wakes me up, makes me twitchy, and all I can think about is having another glass...
G&C
If I have more than two, I'll keep drinking and stay up all night.

gun thug.gif
Icarus
Yep.
That sums it up.
Touch-money
I get that when I drink them very slowly. Like a sip every couple minutes.
Absomphe
Ditto.
verbal_kraze
QUOTE (Icarus @ Sep 8 2004, 10:28 PM)
It wakes me up, makes me twitchy, and all I can think about is having another glass...

It also makes me really talkative, and want to chain-smoke menthol cigarettes.....wait were we talking about absinthe or something else.
Touch-money
I think both but then again my short term memory is shot from having too much absinthe or was it something else?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.