Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Absinthiades in Pontarlier 2004
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Voyages au Pays des Fées
Pages: 1, 2
Cento
Hi!
Does someone knows if it's possible at this "convention" to actually buy or at least sample some good absinthe label?
I think this weekend i will try a nice visit in pontalier and bouvaresse...any tip about buying some "la blù"??? w00t2.gif

THX, Cento

pierreverte
there will be absinthe to taste and buy at the distilleries guy and pernot (but not the full line of un émile 68's only the blanche and traditional).
you may run accross some guys with jade nouvelle-orleans and verte suisse, but they won't be for sale, just for tasting to annoy the locals.
in boveresse, ask around to see nicolas tripett...he may also be at the absinthiades in pontarlier, but i doubt he will be selling anything there....
Gertz
QUOTE (Cento @ Sep 30 2004, 11:29 AM)
I think this weekend i will try a nice visit in pontalier

See ya there.
hartsmar
Yeah... Rub it in... Please!

ranting.gif
Gertz
Are you really sure you want to get married?? dev.gif
G&C
It seems that most people need to try it at least once.
Absomphe
biggrin.gif
Conju
Will you be serving absinthe at your reception, hartsmar?
Jack Batemaster
I wouldn't. It's extremely bitter stuff, so I don't think it wouldn't go well with the cake
Absomphe
If he does, I'm thinking Jade would be the obvious choice.
Jack Batemaster
I've heard that it's not extremely bitter, so it must not be real Absinthe.
Absomphe
That's O.K.

IKEA's not real furniture, either.
hartsmar
QUOTE (Conju @ Sep 30 2004, 03:25 PM)
Will you be serving absinthe at your reception, hartsmar?

Indeed... Jade Nouvelle-Orléans, Jade Verte Suisse, Blanche de Fougerolles and also Un Emile 68 for mixing Death in the Afternoons...

Jack Batemaster
None of those are extremely bitter, I knew you'd wuss out!
verbal_kraze
What no Akvavit?!

Will Lutefisk be served?

hartsmar
QUOTE (Jack Batemaster @ Oct 1 2004, 10:51 AM)
None of those are extremely bitter, I knew you'd wuss out!

I could bring some czech crap ofcourse.
Hmmm...

hartsmar
QUOTE (verbal_kraze @ Oct 1 2004, 10:55 AM)
What no Akvavit?!

Will Lutefisk be served?

No Lutefisk! Jesus, I hate that crap!

And no Akvavit either actually, but plenty of scotch whiskey, tons of gin, loads of vodka of various flavors and various Rum variations. A gazillion liter of red and white and sparkling wine and so on.
Jack Batemaster
I'll go, if you buy my plane ticket and serve lutefisk.
Absomphe
I hear you can't even get lutefisk in Ballard anymore, ya sure you betcha, by golly. no.gif
verbal_kraze
Damn Hartsmar, you doing it right! Wish I could be there to get pissed and pillage the bridesmaids viking_emoticon.gif
Jack Batemaster
I live in Ballard.
Absomphe
Home of the original Redhook...

Even in 1982, it sucked.

But it was fun, being an original member of the short lived Northwest Ale Appreciation Society...

We used to me at the brewery, and pillage the taproom.
Jack Batemaster
I kinda like Red Hook.
Absomphe
Misbegotten banana ale.

My hatred of Redhook goes back to the beginning, and the original owner, Paul Shipman...

He was a purveyor of mediocre wine and never understood that ale was a different animal. He never gave ale the respect it deserved, and then in the late 80's, he made sure that Redhook would be the last micro-brewery to receive a tax break...As soon as Redhook became too big a producer to qualify as a micro, and thus receive said tax break, he was at the forefront to deny that to any future microbreweries.

What a fuckwad.

However, the Blackhook Porter, and especially the Espresso Stout, are not too shabby.

Still, there's been much better out there, for the last 15 years, or so.
Jack Batemaster
I didn't say it was the best, but when I have a choice of: Miller Genuine Draft, Miller Lite, Budweiser, Bud Light, Rolling Rock, Michelob and Red Hook - I always choose the Red Hook!
Absomphe
O.K., I understand...

Pretty stacked deck, though.
verbal_kraze
I do like the espresso stout.
Absomphe
user posted image
Jack Batemaster
QUOTE (Absomphe @ Oct 1 2004, 02:32 PM)
O.K., I understand...

Pretty stacked deck, though.

That beer list is not uncommon, especially at restaurants.
Jack Batemaster
They used to make the Espresso Stout with Starbuck's coffee.
Absomphe
I remember...

So, what do they make it with now? blink.gif
Jack Batemaster
Yuban.
Absomphe
poop.gif

You're right...

Seattle suxx.
Jack Batemaster
Hey, Yuban is better than the "coffee" you drink. Go ahead folks, ask me what brand Absomphe drinks!
morgueann
The best absinthe scene is now, was before, and will always be, in Eastbumsfuckville, Egypt.
Jack Batemaster
Um, no.
G&C
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I also MUST disagree.
Jack Batemaster
Hey Morqui, wanna know what brand of "coffee" Absomphe drinks?
Jack Batemaster
Hey G&C, wanna know what brand of "coffee" Absomphe drinks?
Absomphe
QUOTE (Jack Batemaster @ Oct 1 2004, 04:19 PM)
Hey, Yuban is better than the "coffee" you drink. Go ahead folks, ask me what brand Absomphe drinks!

I don't drink coffee..."coffee", or any other bean, lugnut.

G&C
I know, but go ahead!
Jack Batemaster
Postum!

user posted image
G&C
LARS!.gif
Absomphe
Morgueann, what in the name of (as CG likes to say), the dead baby Jesus, do you know about East Bumfuck, Egypt?

Hmmmmmmm......?
Absomphe
QUOTE (Jack Batemaster @ Oct 1 2004, 04:24 PM)
Postum!

user posted image

Snap THIS, Toothless! cdog-plain.gif
Jack Batemaster
POSTUM is a great hot beverage that is 100% natural and naturally caffeine-free. With a great coffee flavor, it's a great alternative to decaf which still contains 7 to 10 percent caffeine. This way you can have your coffee and drink it too! Postum will not affect the SBS Breast Enhancement System™ in any way, so you can have as much of it as you want.
morgueann
QUOTE (Absomphe @ Oct 1 2004, 11:25 PM)
Morgueann, what in the name of (as CG likes to say), the dead baby Jesus, do you know about East Bumfuck, Egypt?

Hmmmmmmm......?

http://cgi.peak.org/~jeremy/retort.cgi?Ame...=bull%20session

I only know what I see.
Absomphe
My breasts are all natural, thank you very fookin' much!
Jack Batemaster
The pinnacle of the modern day Absinthe society (Absinth society too) is the city of Seattle.
G&C
It is NOT in Ohio Ed, Ohio.

East BF Egypt is north of Seattle, just south of the BC border.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.