Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Back from Pontarlier...
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Voyages au Pays des Fées
Cento
So i'm back from Pontarlier and Absinthiades 2004...
well...Absianthades was (at least for me) a little disappointing...great memorabilia and a nice "Absinthe" history 'in picture' but i think that 2.500& euros for a fountain or 200 euros for a glass are prices not for people of this world... sleepy.gif

Anyway... the Pernot and Armand Guy distilleries were open ad i was able to sample all the products and buy bottles at very reasonable prices (29 euros for un Emile 68 and Blanche). chickawow.gif

Like always, french people dosn't speak english so i was unable to understand all the explaination about the distilling process...to bad for me...

bye, 100

PS.
No time for a trip to the Val du Travers...i think i will visit it next time (may 2005?)
D. Gray
You lucky git...
Absomphe
QUOTE (Cento @ Oct 4 2004, 02:32 AM)

Like always, french people dosn't speak english

Even though most of them can, at least to some degree... cdog-plain.gif
BigMike
QUOTE (Absomphe @ Oct 4 2004, 03:27 PM)
QUOTE (Cento @ Oct 4 2004, 02:32 AM)

Like always, french people dosn't speak english

Even though most of them can, at least to some degree... cdog-plain.gif

I always find raising my voice and speaking very deliberately is a great aid to mutual understanding.

Rule Britannia!
Absomphe
So's raising your middle finger...
Jack Batemaster
Or your index finger and middle finger (in a V formation), at the same time.
sixela
The French won't get it.

I can still see the expression on the face of a Frenchman at a recent conference, after he tried to tell a Brit he'd be with him in "two (2) minutes" and was greeted with an extended middle finger.
Absomphe
What can you expect from a people who find Jerry Lewis funny?
BigMike
QUOTE (Absomphe @ Oct 5 2004, 03:50 PM)
What can you expect from a people who find Jerry Lewis funny?

Are you insulting the French or the British there?

On second thoughts... never mind...
Jack Batemaster
Why the French, of course.
Absomphe
yes.gif
Jack Batemaster
We don't make fun of the British. There is simply nothing wrong with them.

Exept maybe their teeth.
Jaded Prole
Except maybe their teeth. Anyway they're funny enough on thier own.
Absomphe
The only British cuisine ever prepared was done by the two fat ladies, Jennifer and Clarissa.

British beer has been declining steadily since the sixties.

The strength of the Pound Sterling makes absinthe from Britain more expensive than it should be.

British bands have almost always been overrated.

That cockney propensity for turning "th" into "f", makes them sound more stupid than Curious George.

Ingsoc sucks, I hate Big Brother.

English Guinness is worse than Irish Guinness, and British actors haven't been the same since Alec Guinness.

The anachronistic Royal Family is one of the richest in Britain, and yet they still receive what amounts to a giant welfare fund.

Oh, then there's the teeth thing.

Other than the above, there's nothing wrong with the British at all. abs-cheers.gif
morgueann
Brits also have another interesting part of their anatomy....

user posted image
Absomphe
Oh Yeah, I forgot about the jackass factor.
Steve
Oh, I think you were the other person I met, Cento! I hadn't figured out who you were...
Cento
QUOTE (absinthespoon @ Oct 7 2004, 05:20 AM)
Oh, I think you were the other person I met, Cento!  I hadn't figured out who you were...

Don't know...maybe...i was there saturday, with my girlfriend! I've talked a little with some people at the Pernot distillery...i was the italian guy of course (nice...Mrs pernot speaks italian very well...)!

Cento
Steve
Cento, OK, I know who you are now. I was with Peter at the Pernots' when you and your girlfriend were there. (except it was Sunday?) Aren't the Pernots just the nicest people!

There is still a mystery person I met...
Cento
QUOTE (absinthespoon @ Oct 7 2004, 04:08 PM)
Cento, OK, I know who you are now.  I was with Peter at the Pernots' when you and your girlfriend were there.  (except it was Sunday?)  Aren't the Pernots just the nicest people!

Nope...it was saturday...i'm sure about this!
And yes.gif the pernots are really very nice!!!

BTW...i've met a guy who told me about the ritual and stuff like this while I was sampling two "un emile" (blanche and 68)...was it you? (blonde, short hair...)
Steve
Well, there was a very attractive Italian couple at the Pernots' on Sunday. Only them, and Peter and me.

I wasn't there on Saturday, and I have a shaved head, so maybe we didn't meet after all!
Esseintes
Hey, comon' we all remember P. & M. And yes - it was Saturday!

The blond guy with the short hair was Mike I guess.
Absomphe
QUOTE (absinthespoon @ Oct 7 2004, 08:30 AM)
I have a shaved head

Oh, I thought you were just old and bald. abs-cheers.gif
Gertz
QUOTE (www.Absinthe-Distribution.com @ Oct 7 2004, 05:34 PM)

Indeed and indeed.
Steve
OK, here's a little slideshow of some pictures from Pontarlier:

Pontarlier pictures

Unfortunately I never made it to the museum in Pontarlier, nor to the Guy distillery.

When I get around to it, there will be a collection of slideshows like this, along with a few narratives, and navigation between everything, but for now...

hartsmar
Beautiful!

The Green Spirit
I can only second that.

I wish I was there.
Gertz
Maersk Air will soon introduce cheap tickets Cph.-Zürich, from where Pontarlier is a less than three-hour train ride. So no excuse for scandi-fuckers for not being there next year.
Larspeart
QUOTE (Jack Batemaster @ Oct 4 2004, 03:42 PM)
Or your index finger and middle finger (in a V formation), at the same time.

Or just speak German...

You know they all know that, 'just in case'...

harhar.gif
Gertz
Geile Schlampe!!!
D. Gray
I love your new signature Gertz abs-cheers.gif
Rabelais
Thanks for the virtual tour and event pictures. Good to see that the tasting was a true blind tasting and not a labeled tasting. Already looking forward to next year. Maybe I'll see if a friend of mine can run a batch of t-shirts but thats another future thread.

absintheglass-glow2.gif
louchednparadise
Thanks for that photo tour Mr. A-spoons! Enjoyed it!

BTW how does one get to be one of the judges at the tasting? abs-cheers.gif
pierreverte
contact the museum of pontarlier...
Helfrich
QUOTE (absinthespoon @ Oct 7 2004, 05:08 PM)

So who was it?
dreamweaver80
QUOTE(Cento @ Oct 7 2004, 06:49 AM) *

QUOTE(absinthespoon @ Oct 7 2004, 05:20 AM)
Oh, I think you were the other person I met, Cento!  I hadn't figured out who you were...

Don't know...maybe...i was there saturday, with my girlfriend! I've talked a little with some people at the Pernot distillery...i was the italian guy of course (nice...Mrs pernot speaks italian very well...)!

Cento

Hi Cento, that year I was in Pontarlier with my girlfriend (Margherita) and a couple of our friends (Liondir and his girlfriend), but we didn't notice another italian couple...that's very strange...nad...it's a pity. it's nice to meet other italian absinthe drinker...specially if they have my same name! harhar.gif
hartsmar
Hey!

Noticed the journal on the Absinthiades on "sifattack". I don't understand one word of italian but with the help of Google... Nice!

dreamweaver80
Hi hartsmar!
how are you? do you remeber of me (and Margherita?)
the forum of sifattack is the greatest italian comunity of absinthe drinker!
Cento

Hi Cento, that year I was in Pontarlier with my girlfriend (Margherita) and a couple of our friends (Liondir and his girlfriend), but we didn't notice another italian couple...that's very strange...nad...it's a pity. it's nice to meet other italian absinthe drinker...specially if they have my same name! harhar.gif

The beauty of topic subscription... it's what...a year that i didn't post anything? 2005, kinda of busy year... and now italian people start popping up...cool... i will try to come back here... it's good to be here again... still a absinthe drinker anyway... i still have to finish the second bottle of un emile i've bought in pontarlier though...gosh

Cento
Lord Stanley
Don't feel bad. I still have to open a bottle of Un Emile that I bought 2 years ago.
Probably won't though.
dreamweaver80
QUOTE(www.Absinthe-Distribution.com @ Oct 7 2004, 08:34 AM) *

The blond guy with the short hair was Mike I guess.

I remember P. & M. too harhar.gif

maybe there is a little confusion... I'm Paolo but I'm not Cento (or not... blink.gif ) I was there that day but I didn't remember of Cento (help sleepy.gif )
the problem is: too many Paolos in Italy.... wacko.gif
hartsmar
QUOTE(dreamweaver80 @ Feb 2 2006, 08:58 AM) *

Hi hartsmar!
how are you? do you remeber of me (and Margherita?)
the forum of sifattack is the greatest italian comunity of absinthe drinker!

Oh yes, of course I do! Nice to have you here!
Absomphe
QUOTE(Lord Stanley @ Feb 2 2006, 10:40 AM) *

Don't feel bad. I still have to open a bottle of Un Emile that I bought 2 years ago.
Probably won't though.

Nah, don't do that.

Stash it away until it becomes an old vintage, and the chlorophyll drops out, turning it a nice shade of amb...

Oh, wait a minute, nevermind.
Lord Stanley
Yeah, exactly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.