Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pontarlier pics
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Voyages au Pays des Fées
Pages: 1, 2
Gertz
... here.
Absomphe
Nice pics,Gertz.

You and Rose lok pretty cozy...

Must've been the clandestine la bleue.
Steve
Thanks, Gertz! You took some pics I wish I had taken... I can't believe I didn't get a picture of Marie-Claude! Also I should have taken a picture showing the big warehouse space at Pernot.

My pictures of Saumur and Pontarlier seem to have been yanked off the place I put them damn it. Maybe they found the picture of the sculpture at Chenonceau offensive... Oh well I guess most people already saw all the pics. I will try to put them back up someplace at some point.
hartsmar
Very nice Gertz!

rjordan
Nice pics Gertz.

Are you serious that a guy went around spraying absinthe in the air with a spray bottle? shock.gif That's cool as shit. Although I wouldn't want to waste any absinthe, I guess they have enough that it doesn't matter.

Very cool pics and looks like it was a hell of a good time.

gun thug.gif
Steve
Actually the guy was spraying not booze but just wormwood water. Another thing I wish I had taken a picture of!
rjordan
Ooohhh, sounds bitter.

gun thug.gif
The Green Spirit
Very nice pictures, Gertz! abs-cheers.gif
Jaded Prole
Thanks for the pics! Looks like a great trip.
Helfrich
I've put some of mine here.
Brett
Steve Rosat looks about 15...and I thought I looked young.
rjordan
Cool pics Helfrich. If I ever make it to France or Switzerland or wherever you are, I'm gonna PM you. You look like a absinthe partying kinda guy.

And no I'm not being a smart ass.

gun thug.gif
Steve
Very nice, Helfrich! More stuff I missed, I guess I have to go back sometime.
Shaie
Thanks for the pics! Got the travel bug biting me hard now!
Hiram
"NONE. I'd rather drink carbonated piss."

So that's how you are. Kinky monkey.
Icarus
How can you not like beer?

It's the building block of alcoholism...
Shaie
FWIW, I can't stand seltzer water either, or pretty much anything carbonated. You see, it's not just beer I have a problem with. Beer3.gif
sixela
QUOTE (rjordan @ Oct 16 2004, 11:39 PM)
Ooohhh, sounds bitter.

gun thug.gif

Ignoring the driping sarcasm: absinthine is not very volatile, so it's unlikely to matter unless you drink the spray; it won't smell bitter.
Brett
QUOTE (Shaie @ Oct 17 2004, 10:46 PM)
FWIW, I can't stand seltzer water either, or pretty much anything carbonated. You see, it's not just beer I have a problem with. Beer3.gif

I have this crazy friend who thinks carbonation is bad. Is he crazy?

No, he's just ignorant!
rjordan
Ignoring the driping sarcasm: absinthine is not very volatile, so it's unlikely to matter unless you drink the spray; it won't smell bitter.

I wasn't being sarcastic Pengy. I was alluding to the Dr. O/bitter/pre-ban stuff. I should've said...
aaaaaahhhhhhh, bitter. I'm actually a wormwood coont/fennel whore.

BTW, what does bitter "smell" like?

gun thug.gif
Absomphe
QUOTE (Icarus @ Oct 17 2004, 10:02 PM)

I thought that was Ripple.
DenSetsu
QUOTE (Absomphe @ Oct 18 2004, 07:11 AM)
QUOTE (Icarus @ Oct 17 2004, 10:02 PM)

I thought that was Ripple.

Personally, I thought it was Everclear. I remember my Everclear days back in college, that's definitely how I got to where I am harhar.gif
grey boy
You remember those days?

Then you certainly weren't drinking enough.
Hiram
QUOTE (sixela @ Oct 18 2004, 01:28 AM)
Ignoring the driping sarcasm...

No entry found for driping.
Did you mean dripping?

Brett
Phhht...Everclear. Go with Irish Poteen. Comes in three different strengths: 60, 70 and 90% Abv.

And you wonder why the Irish are always portrayed as drunks....
Shaie
QUOTE (Brett @ Oct 18 2004, 01:56 AM)
QUOTE (Shaie @ Oct 17 2004, 10:46 PM)
FWIW, I can't stand seltzer water either, or pretty much anything carbonated.  You see, it's not just beer I have a problem with.  Beer3.gif

I have this crazy friend who thinks carbonation is bad. Is he crazy?

No, he's just ignorant!

Hmm... I've got no opinion about whether it's good or bad for you, I just don't care for it. *shrug*
DenSetsu
Hey I never said that I remember all of it, I remember some of it. I know I became a very religious person sick.gif

abs-cheers.gif
Steve
In case you haven't seen them, my pictures seem to be available again on the free hosting site.

Pontarlier pictures

Jade distillery / Loire Valley pictures
Artemis
Phhht...Everclear. Go with Irish Poteen. Comes in three different strengths: 60, 70 and 90% Abv.

Everclear is 95%, and doesn't taste like an Irish chamber pot.
Hiram
Damn. Great pics, absinthespoon. Now I'm all feeling sorry for my lame, broke, non-traveling ass.

Just wait until absinthe is legal here in the states. Seattle will become the absinthe capitol of the world. Don't laugh... we took espresso away from the Italians.
Grim
Those are amazing pics, absinthespoon! Thank you for sharing.

Had you planned the whole excursion with Peter and Ted beforehand, or did that all come together after arriving at the festival?
Jack Batemaster
QUOTE (Artemis @ Oct 18 2004, 12:01 PM)

Everclear is 95%, and doesn't taste like an Irish chamber pot.

Oh Snap! We were just discussing this...forget Grey Goose - the most neutral "vodka" there is - is probably Everclear mixed with distilled water. Much cheaper too.
DenSetsu
Ehh I never heard of Irish Poteen back then, plus I drank to get drunk and nothing is more efficient at that than Everclear. Now I prefer my alcohol to taste decent, won't ever touch the 'clear again.
Jack Batemaster
Don't kid yourself...EC is pretty much pure ethanol, as are "the best" Vodkas.
Steve
QUOTE (monsieurgrim @ Oct 18 2004, 12:37 PM)
Had you planned the whole excursion with Peter and Ted beforehand, or did that all come together after arriving at the festival?

A few weeks earlier, Peter had very graciously suggested that we might want to go to Saumur during that time since he, Ted and Ian would all be there.

I have to say, I enjoyed Saumur much more than Pontarlier. Pontarlier is very small and remote, and Saumur is a beautiful place in the middle of a much larger beautiful place with dozens of interesting and beautiful things to visit nearby.
Jack Batemaster
BTW, Denshitzu - I really like your signature!
DenSetsu
I can definitely see where you're coming from there Jack. I haven't been able to stand the taste of vodka neat since my EC days. It was back in my broke college days, so all we ever mixed it with was what we had on hand, usually Mountain Dew, which btw does nothing to cover up the fact you're consuming rubbing alcohol wacko.gif
DenSetsu
Thanks, Jack abs-cheers.gif Now I just need to work on the Denshitzu thing harhar.gif
Absomphe
QUOTE (Brett @ Oct 18 2004, 10:53 AM)

And you wonder why the Irish are always portrayed as drunks....

C'mon Brett...

Nobody wonders about that.
Absomphe
QUOTE (DenSetsu @ Oct 18 2004, 01:51 PM)
Thanks, Jack abs-cheers.gif Now I just need to work on the Denshitzu thing harhar.gif

Ask Hartsmar to show you how. lemur.gif
DenSetsu
Somehow now I don't think I want to blink.gif
Shaie
chickawow.gif Great Pics, Absinthespoon!

Makes me nostalgic for the Loire Valley.
DenSetsu
Those are some great pics, makes me think I need to scrap my plans for Japan and go to Europe instead. Hmm Japanese girls unsure.gif Absinthe soaked fun. I hate tough decisions
verbal_kraze
What's to decide?

I'll tell you what I'd pick...

ABSINTHE SOAKED JAPANESE GIRLS
DenSetsu
chickawow.gif Absinthe soaked Japanese girls.............
hadn't even thought of that. Thx Verbal abs-cheers.gif
Grim
Aya Ueto...one Japanese girl in desperate need of a soaking.

user posted image
DenSetsu
Ya she is chickawow.gif
Helfrich
QUOTE (absinthespoon @ Oct 18 2004, 01:19 AM)
I guess I have to go back sometime.

So maybe we will meet more extensively next year. Who knows even rjordan will be around for some real absinthe partying kinda stuff.
Gertz
Or even Jack?

(I think I can hear an "um, no" mumbled somewhere)
Steve
It is possible! I plan to be in Europe just before that time next year, but far far from Pontarlier (Crete). We'll see...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.